Mat McBriar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat McBriar

The Cowboys would like to get a long-term deal done with restricted free-agent punter Mat McBriar before the start of free agency next week. If they don't, look for the Cowboys to offer McBriar a one-year deal worth $1.3 million, which includes a compensation tag of a second-round draft pick if the 2006 Pro Bowl selection signs with another team.
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16781503.htm

Hopefully we get a deal done soon. I would hate to lose McBriar...but I guess a 2nd is good compensation.

ya second is good. i feel the same way you do...good compensation, but mcbriar is really good

Comment

2nd for a punter?!?!? I wouldn't mind at all... Sorry Mat, but there are plenty of other guys out there and a 2nd is enough for me. That's a player like Blalock or Ramirez on the interior line/a lucky steal in Meriweather.

Comment

McBriar is beast. Top 5 player on our team....seriously. Better luck him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          McBriar is beast. Top 5 player on our team....seriously. Better luck him up.
          I agree...he is our secrete field positions weapon...but worst case scenario we sign him to a one year deal..and try to work a deal out during the year. If we lose him we gain a second.

Comment

I have to admit, i would hate to lose him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

I would hate to lose him as well, he is a weapon in the battle for field posession.

Comment

And he is an Aussie :)

Comment

I dunno... a 2nd is awfully tempting. Esp. if it's a high second.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if any team was willing to give up a 2nd in compensation for a punter. McBriar's one of the very best in the league, of course, but there a lot of pretty good punters.

Comment

I loved him in the first philly game this season.

Comment

McBriar was our MVP last year. Boomin' Mat McBriar baby.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

Out of the University of Hawaii baby!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Out of the University of Hawaii baby!!! :D

WHOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information