Cowboys Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    I think all this talk just really brings up the answer of how nice would it be to have a RB to split out wide...look at how the eagles use Westbrook...
    Very true. That would be another huge weapon if T.O. were to go down as well.

The obvious choice here, would be Chris Johnson. I have to admit though, that I'm not completely sold on him yet.

edit...Mcfadden could be called upon to do this as well. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Very true. That would be another huge weapon if T.O. were to go down as well.

The obvious choice here, would be Chris Johnson. I have to admit though, that I'm not completely sold on him yet.

edit...Mcfadden could be called upon to do this as well. :D
      I think that Stanback and McFadden on the field on the same time could be similiar to the circus....Romo out wide....can't say it would be advised...but it would be fun to watch.

Another guy who hasn't been talked about a lot is Steve Slaton..he fits this mold a lot.

Comment

• Thule, did you see that there is a new poster from Grand Forks on here? Friend of yours?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I really think Garrett could get creative with DeSean Jackson in our offense opposite TO, he wont have the attention of the secondary and his play making ability could be big....Im really hoping that he falls to us, thats the ONLY wr I want in the first, and I wouldnt hate Hawkins or Avery being picked, but desean has the potential to be a #1 santana moss type wr, and he wouldnt be asked to do so until at least his 3rd year...Of course thats if we dont sign a wr at all.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            I think all this talk just really brings up the answer of how nice would it be to have a RB to split out wide...look at how the eagles use Westbrook...
            That's a very good point. It makes Chris Johnson all the more desirable.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I have seen Jamaal Charles often the last few years, he could line up out wide and work similar to Westbrook. Garrett could take a page out of Sean Payton's book from Bush's rookie year when he lined up in the slot with Duece in the backfield.
              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
              - Cleveland Browns GM
              - Dallas Cowboys GM
              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                I have seen Jamaal Charles often the last few years, he could line up out wide and work similar to Westbrook. Garrett could take a page out of Sean Payton's book from Bush's rookie year when he lined up in the slot with Duece in the backfield.
                Point is he didn't do it in college...and while he "may" be able to do it...he's never done it and there would be a bigger learning curve involved than with a Johnson/Slaton who have done it a lot through their college careers.

Comment

• He did it quite often his freshman year. The point is he has the hands for it. He could do the simple routes Westbrook and Bush run. They really aren't that difficult to learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like Slaton as well, but I don't know if JJ is patient enough to wait around for a RB again. I think we will end up taking one within the first two rounds.
                  2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                  - Cleveland Browns GM
                  - Dallas Cowboys GM
                  - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Please no Slaton.. Please no Slaton....

Comment

• We won't wait around to take a RB where Slaton is projected to go.
                      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                      - Cleveland Browns GM
                      - Dallas Cowboys GM
                      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information