No announcement yet.

Lito Sheppard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eagles probably would ask for Cleveland's first rounder + another early pick AT LEAST to move him in division. Either way, I don't see the Eagles parting with Lito, given his low cost contract and high quality play when healthy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Lito is not coming here. No good reason why they would trade an established player to a division rival. Unless we give them some ridiculous deal.
      well yeah, at the right price i'd trade romo too.
      i dont think the eagles gave too much thought to anthony spencer becoming
      a double digit sack artist against them when they were trading with the
      cowboys this past year.
      i'm saying at the right price im sure they would have to listen. if
      they dont wanna go through a hold out or what not if it's really
      that bad, i'd take a player and a pick for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        cowboys this past year.
        Can you not see the difference between trading for a pick and trading for a multi-time Pro Bowler? And seriously you would trade Romo to a division rival for the "right price". Your logic astounds me.

Comment

cowboys this past year.
          Why do the Eagles have to act like were the only team to trade with? There are countless teams who NEED a #1 cb, and would be willing to give up more, the Eagles arent going to sit down and figure out how they can send Lito to Dallas, and we arent going to find a way to get him here either...Just not going to happen.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
            Can you not see the difference between trading for a pick and trading for a multi-time Pro Bowler? And seriously you would trade Romo to a division rival for the "right price". Your logic astounds me.
            sure i would.
            no one is untradeable. the price may be through the roof, but there's a price none-the-less right?
            If that logic is so hard to understand, i wouldnt want you to be the
            GM of my team.

Comment

sure i would.
              no one is untradeable. the price may be through the roof, but there's a price none-the-less right?
              If that logic is so hard to understand, i wouldnt want you to be the
              GM of my team.
              So in this point of his career... you would trade our young franchise QB.... to a division rival.... so we can see him twice a year... dismissing the possible effect on the chemistry within our team? Nope I still believe you are the one with the skewed logic.

Comment

i agree bad call especially with the possible trade options..... even with a low pick this year or next i see no qbs matching romo's preformance and even if we got a division qb traded to us none match him either or come close........

Comment

Originally posted by bdlyons26 View Post
                  i agree bad call especially with the possible trade options..... even with a low pick this year or next i see no qbs matching romo's preformance and even if we got a division qb traded to us none match him either or come close........
                  lol i wasnt saying that i wanted to trade romo, just for the record.

the point i was trying to make is that no one is untradeable. no one.
                  and i believe that whole heartedly.

Multiple times last year when Kevin Pritchard was being interviewed
                  about who he was picking, Kevin Durant or Greg Oden, he was asked
                  if he would trade the pick.
                  He said that if you gave him lebron james he'd make that trade in an instant.

just an example

Comment

If they wanted our pick from Cleveland and Bobby Carpenter. I would certainly consider the deal. Obviously its a stretch. But consider how highly rated a first rounder is. Add the fact that we are probably looking at that position when our pick comes up. His contract is great. Hes talented(which means we dont need to take a crapshoot in the draft for a Corner)... And even if Bobby Carpenter turns into an All-Star. Its not like we are trading for trash.

I dont want to give up any more then that. But I cant see how we can refuse such a deal if Philly asked for that.

Comment

I say we..... trade MB3 for Ricky Williams.... yeah! about as sensable as giving both firsts and mb3 for the number 1!

Comment

I would not be interested at the likely asking price. I've never really like Lito, myself, and always thought he was a decent-to-good player, but certainly not worthy of Pro Bowl honors and the like.

I still remember two years ago when all the Iggles fans were screaming how Lito was trash and how Sheldon was the real Pro Bowl CB on the team....and then Sheldon comes out the next year and stinks up the joint, while Lito makes a few big-time highlight reel plays and all of a sudden he's an elite corner again. I've been loling at that for two solid years now, and I think about it every time I hear an Eagle fan wax eloquent about him.

I like the player, but he isn't a Pro Bowler to me, and since you're going to have to pay that type of a ransom to get him, I will gladly pass. But if the price is right.....sure, I guess.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I thought we could revisit the subject seeing as there's more news
                          of him being on the trade block again, with several teams interested.

They seem to have asked for a first rounder, but since no one will
                          want to give up a high pick seeing the talent there is this year,
                          anyone willing to give up the 28th for him?

or how about the 2nd, and next year's 4th? hmm...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport..._in_limbo.html

Comment

The Eagles would almost certainly up the asking price for any in-division trade of a Pro Bowl player. You would likely have to pay a first rounder to get Lito on Dallas.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              The Eagles would almost certainly up the asking price for any in-division trade of a Pro Bowl player. You would likely have to pay a first rounder to get Lito on Dallas.
                              I'd almost be willing to give up a 1st round pick this year for Lito.

Comment

That would probably be the minimum the Eagles would require for Lito. I'm not sure if they would allow him the opportunity to go there, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information