No announcement yet.

Lito Sheppard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see the Eagles wanting mid-round value for Sheppard if he was to be traded in division. That would be tough to do by any of the teams.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Lito is pissed at the Eagles over the contract + the Asante acquisition. Having to play against him 2x a year for the next 6-7 years comes with a hefty price tag. If anyone knows exactly what Sheppard is capable of doing to an opposing offense, it's the Eagles coaches.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I agree that they'll want to up the price on a division rival, but what if no one else is willing to give them anything higher than the 28, MAYBE 22nd pick?

If you were a GM, would you take less value for a player just to get him out of the division?

Comment

For a player of Lito's quality (if I believed him to be a Pro Bowl caliber CB), I would not want to face him twice a year. Facing him twice a year would be bad enough. Making a division rival even stronger also carries a premium.

Personally, I would rather the team keep Lito than trade him in division.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            For a player of Lito's quality (if I believed him to be a Pro Bowl caliber CB), I would not want to face him twice a year. Facing him twice a year would be bad enough. Making a division rival even stronger also carries a premium.

Personally, I would rather the team keep Lito than trade him in division.
            Well sure, i would prefer them to keep Lito as well, that way they don't feel the need to draft a CB and steal one of the top 3, but according to that article he seems to have sealed his fate already. He wants out, and the Eagles are actively shopping him. What im saying is that if no one is willing to give them anything higher than the 28th, or just maybe the 22nd pick, would they be willing to get that higher pick, even if it costs them trading him into the division.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              Lito is pissed at the Eagles over the contract + the Asante acquisition. Having to play against him 2x a year for the next 6-7 years comes with a hefty price tag. If anyone knows exactly what Sheppard is capable of doing to an opposing offense, it's the Eagles coaches.
              Sheppard should only blame himself for signing the extension he did in 2004. If he wants to cash in like a free agent, then he should have risked waiting until he became a free agent. What's the ******** about taking the money early, and still wanting to get paid more later on? He's signed to a contract through 2011.

I like Lito as a player a great deal, but he has no one to blame but himself.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information