Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lito Sheppard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lito Sheppard

    Okay, so i heard on ESPN radio that John Clayton reported that the Iggles gave permission to Sheppard's agent to seek a trade.
    This guy's a stud and he's young, what do you think the Iggles would take for him, and do you think it would be in the cowboys interest to make a run at him?

  • #2
    Id rather not make a trade within the division, he's a good corner but there are other options id rather explore, I could only imagine giving them players that pan out that we have to see twice a year.





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Id rather not make a trade within the division, he's a good corner but there are other options id rather explore, I could only imagine giving them players that pan out that we have to see twice a year.
      Like the Cowboys did with the Eagles in the last draft.


      Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        Like the Cowboys did with the Eagles in the last draft.
        What players did we give them that we have to see twice a year?

        Obviously trading them a draft pick is a little different then trading a player, and even then that deal heavily favored us, we got the exact same guy while getting an extra 1st rounder.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          What players did we give them that we have to see twice a year?

          Obviously trading them a draft pick is a little different then trading a player, and even then that deal heavily favored us, we got the exact same guy while getting an extra 1st rounder.
          How would you feel if Kevin Kolb turns into Brett Favre?


          Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            What players did we give them that we have to see twice a year?

            Obviously trading them a draft pick is a little different then trading a player, and even then that deal heavily favored us, we got the exact same guy while getting an extra 1st rounder.
            Well in the past few drafts the cowboys and eagles have made deals. Lets not forget that we went up to their pick in the 4th a few years back to take Chris Canty. Maybe they feel comfortable with the value they've given each other, so what if we offer a 2nd rounder to them?
            I'm just saying.. throw the bait
            and see if they bite

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              How would you feel if Kevin Kolb turns into Brett Favre?
              What if Brady Quinn turns into Brett Favre? Thats a moot point right there because we had our qb regardless, and Kolb would of been there when the Eagles picked originally...And if he does turn into Favre, it was still worth the trade every time.


              And I never said that "division trades never happen", I said "Id rather not make a trade within the division, and have to see those players twice"


              That doesnt mean we never have, or never will, but getting him will cost players, and I dont want Carpenter to go to a division team and he's our most attractive trade bait.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                What if Brady Quinn turns into Brett Favre? Thats a moot point right there because we had our qb regardless, and Kolb would of been there when the Eagles picked originally...And if he does turn into Favre, it was still worth the trade every time.


                And I never said that "division trades never happen", I said "Id rather not make a trade within the division, and have to see those players twice"


                That doesnt mean we never have, or never will, but getting him will cost players, and I dont want Carpenter to go to a division team and he's our most attractive trade bait.
                Well can you give me a solid argument on how you would NOT trade an un-proven linebacker and maybe a 3rd rounder on top, in exchange for a 26 year old pro bowl corner in his prime??

                Linebacker is probably the easiest position to replace next to Runningback.. quarterback and cornerback are probably the toughest

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Well can you give me a solid argument on how you would NOT trade an un-proven linebacker and maybe a 3rd rounder on top, in exchange for a 26 year old pro bowl corner in his prime??

                  Linebacker is probably the easiest position to replace next to Runningback.. quarterback and cornerback are probably the toughest
                  Just a difference of opinion man, didnt you ask a question to start the thread? I gave my answer, it doesnt have to be the same as yours...I just dont like the idea, Dallas cant make every move possible for every player available...People have brought up the idea of bringing almost every player here...


                  Trades are hard enough to come by, I doubt we do much trading outside of trying to move up, or going after one of Detroit's Texas guys...I wouldnt hate bringing Lito in, but this is a trade, not a free agent signing...He's not going to come dirt cheap you know that right? He is in his prime and young, we arent going to get him for a few guys off our bench.





                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Just a difference of opinion man, didnt you ask a question to start the thread? I gave my answer, it doesnt have to be the same as yours...I just dont like the idea, Dallas cant make every move possible for every player available...People have brought up the idea of bringing almost every player here...


                    Trades are hard enough to come by, I doubt we do much trading outside of trying to move up, or going after one of Detroit's Texas guys...I wouldnt hate bringing Lito in, but this is a trade, not a free agent signing...He's not going to come dirt cheap you know that right? He is in his prime and young, we arent going to get him for a few guys off our bench.
                    Well dont get me wrong, im not bashing the fact that you dont think it'll happen. The only reason i said that was because you said that you wouldnt be willing to part ways with Bobby Carpenter, when he has done close to nothing in his time with the boys. It was stated in my first post that i wouldnt doubt the eagles would want a high pick or a good player, but why wouldnt you give up a first which you're probably gonna use on a corner anyway?
                    If my knowledge is right, i think the Eagles would take the hit on the rest of the bonus money they owe Sheppard, who signed an extension about two years ago i believe, and all the cowboys would have to account for would be the salary.. and if they chose to release or trade him again, i dont think they'd take ANY cap ramifications.
                    this is just something that i think would make sense for both sides and
                    that's why i brought it up

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They wouldnt trade him within the division...a draft pick is one thing but, we're talking about a multi pro bowl CB here. Not happening.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I doubt it would happen, however, if we could get him for a second round pick, go for it.

                        BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just to get him away from a divisional rival would be worth it...this guy kills us every year

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...rade_talk.html

                            Eagles and Sheppard deny, per Philly Inquirer. Doesn't mean it's not true, but whatever.



                            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lito is not coming here. No good reason why they would trade an established player to a division rival. Unless we give them some ridiculous deal.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information