Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys to make 1 or 2 signings early in FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cowboys to make 1 or 2 signings early in FA

    On Talkin' Cowboys today Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' brother, 2nd in command if you will, I don't exactly no his full title) said that the Cowboys will make 1 or 2 signings early in FA. Mick and Bill said that their best bet would be any 2 of an Offensive Lineman, Ken Hamlin, or a Back-Up QB.

    I agree comepletely, it has to be either Ken Hamlin, and O-Lineman, and/or a back-up QB.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
    On Talkin' Cowboys today Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' brother, 2nd in command if you will, I don't exactly no his full title) said that the Cowboys will make 1 or 2 signings early in FA. Mick and Bill said that their best bet would be any 2 of an Offensive Lineman, Ken Hamlin, or a Back-Up QB.

    I agree comepletely, it has to be either Ken Hamlin, and O-Lineman, and/or a back-up QB.

    Thoughts?
    If it's Hamlin, I will stop my whining over Nelson and just admire his play from afar. I really like Hamlin. I had him on my fantasy team in 2003 and that's when I first started to like him. He's nasty. A combination of him and Watkins would actually work out very nicely.

    ...don't really care what Guard they get... Plenty of good ones... Anything should be better than Rivera.

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed on the last part, but I love Dielman.

      Comment


      • #4
        how good is hamlin ...stats starts...i don't know him that well...is he good at covering...some1 want 2 fill me in please?

        Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!

        Comment


        • #5
          I kinda wish we were going for LaVar Arrington.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mtmock View Post
            how good is hamlin ...stats starts...i don't know him that well...is he good at covering...some1 want 2 fill me in please?
            He's a good tackler. Always apart of the action. Ballhawk? Not really... but just a notch below. He'll make a few plays that make you feel thankful for having him. Recovered from a major bar fight injury. Not the coverage playmaker like Nelson though. I'd rather go with Nelson. ...but this could work out nice too.

            Comment


            • #7
              we just need a cover safety he sounds good but i think we should draft Nelson too...or if he isn't there the best available DB

              Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!

              Comment


              • #8
                I think Brad Johnson could find his way here as our back up QB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I kinda wish we were going for LaVar Arrington.
                  Arrington in situational blitzing would be tons of fun to see in Phillips' D.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    Arrington in situational blitzing would be tons of fun to see in Phillips' D.
                    I know I'm day dreaming... but... Here's why it would work...

                    1) He should be cheaper than he has been in the past.
                    2) He tried to throw it in Washington's face, by signing with the Giants... With us, he can throw it in both of their faces.
                    3) We only need him in a limited role.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I would like Brad Johnson, also.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                      -Douglas MacArthur

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I actually want Aaron Brooks. He is a decent QB. Everyone looks horrinle when they are ont he Raiders. Throw Peyton or Brady there and they still suck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                          I actually want Aaron Brooks. He is a decent QB. Everyone looks horrinle when they are ont he Raiders. Throw Peyton or Brady there and they still suck.
                          He looked equally bad for the Saints tho.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Isnt Arrington retiring?

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd like Patrick Ramsey who was just cut today. Much younger than Johnson and would be ok for a game or two here and there.

                              As for Hamlin, he was an absolute beast in college. I hated when we played them. Haven't seen much of him in the pros since I watch VERY few Seattle games.

                              Designs by Thule



                              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information