X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNewFan41
    started a topic Cowboys to make 1 or 2 signings early in FA

Cowboys to make 1 or 2 signings early in FA

On Talkin' Cowboys today Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' brother, 2nd in command if you will, I don't exactly no his full title) said that the Cowboys will make 1 or 2 signings early in FA. Mick and Bill said that their best bet would be any 2 of an Offensive Lineman, Ken Hamlin, or a Back-Up QB.

I agree comepletely, it has to be either Ken Hamlin, and O-Lineman, and/or a back-up QB.

Thoughts?

• Modano
    replied
    Right now I want Jordan Black.. He has experience at both tackle and guard.. If we sign him do you want him to play LT RT or guard?

Leave a comment:

• ncbigbody
    replied
    Originally posted by Poet3334 View Post
    I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey because he's younger.
    I'd rather have neither, because they are both worthless. Brad Johnson would be a solid acquisition.

I like Rattay too.

Leave a comment:

• TheFan0520
    replied
    Heck no to Aaron Brooks. I'd rather have Kerry Collins. Who is better, Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin?

Leave a comment:

• Macarthur
    replied
    If they do sign Davis and Hamlin (I would good with that), what direction do they go in the draft. That really leaves no glaring hole to fill. That's a great problem to have, but does this point to them trading down?

As for QB, I would be in favor of Ramsey or Rattay.

Leave a comment:

• reigle9
    replied
    I'd rather draft a QB in the third round to be the backup. Good to have a young QB with the chance he turns into a Shaub that other teams would want.

As for the FA signings:
    Eric Steinbach (probably too much money, but would love to have him)
    Kris Dielman (same as Steinbach)
    Derrick Dockery (should be cheaper than the other two)

Ken Hamlin

Leonard Davis

I think it's going to be one of the guards and Hamlin.

Leave a comment:

• Poet3334
    replied
    Originally posted by TH3 View Post
    Aaron Brooks as a back up anyone?
    I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey because he's younger.

Leave a comment:

• TH3
    replied
    also Kenyatta Walker anyone?

Leave a comment:

• TH3
    replied
    Aaron Brooks as a back up anyone?

Leave a comment:

• D-Unit
    replied
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    Arrington's career is over guys. His injuries have made him a shell of what he was once capable of being.
    He still performed very well before his injury this past season. Maybe he'll play well after this, maybe he won't. Regardless, it's just a thought... No one will be crying if we don't get him.

Leave a comment:

• Poet3334
    replied
    Nice Sig Staubach. I'd rather have Nelson, sign a guard and a QB. If it's Hamlin though, I'd be okay with it.

Leave a comment:

• Staubach12
    replied
    I hope it's Hamlin and a decent Guard. If we do that, I'll be the happiest man on earth. I agree with LSU about Arrington. We all saw him play in Washington and New York. He's just not the guy he once was. As far as QB, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Rattay here. I doubt he's one of those first day signing guys, so if we sign him it'll be a bit later IMO.

So in conclusion, I think the two early signings we'll see are Leonard Davis and Ken Hamlin.

Leave a comment:

• LSUALUM99
    replied
    Arrington's career is over guys. His injuries have made him a shell of what he was once capable of being.

Leave a comment:

• Im_a_Romosexual
    replied
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I know I'm day dreaming... but... Here's why it would work...

1) He should be cheaper than he has been in the past.
    2) He tried to throw it in Washington's face, by signing with the Giants... With us, he can throw it in both of their faces.
    3) We only need him in a limited role.
    I could definately see it happening and he's still pretty young although he has had some major injuries. Also the knock on him was that he never played "in" the defense and we could use him just to get after the QB

Leave a comment:

• FinChase
    replied
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    I'd like Patrick Ramsey who was just cut today. Much younger than Johnson and would be ok for a game or two here and there.

As for Hamlin, he was an absolute beast in college. I hated when we played them. Haven't seen much of him in the pros since I watch VERY few Seattle games.
    I hadn't heard that Ramsay had been released. Yeah, I'd like him for our backup also. Never thought he got a fair shot in Washington.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information