No announcement yet.

DeAngelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I really hope we push for hall or jump on DMAC (As long as Barber isn't involved in the trade.)

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      HALL DENIES THAT TRADE IS CLOSE

“As of right now, we’re still at the same stages that I was at with every other team,” Hall said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK’d on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don’t know about, but I don’t think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end.”
      Giants are mentioned first, maybe he'll drop his price for us. If Oakland signs him ill be really pissed, they took Gibril from us, now they're taking DeAngelo away from us.

Comment

We are talking about a CB who has been seasoned in the nfl...has proven he can be dynamic...and is still only 24 years old....you'd have to be crazy to not want him on your team...like I said only worry is dollars...and that can always be worked around.
        My concern with Hall is the same as with any other free agent cornerback--money. Hall will have to be paid like an Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but we'll also have to give up a draft pick to get him. If you trade for Hall, and sign him long term, I can't imagine having enough cap room to afford to give Terrence Newman a similarly sized contract next season, no matter how you work the deals.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
          My concern with Hall is the same as with any other free agent cornerback--money. Hall will have to be paid like an Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but we'll also have to give up a draft pick to get him. If you trade for Hall, and sign him long term, I can't imagine having enough cap room to afford to give Terrence Newman a similarly sized contract next season, no matter how you work the deals.
          Jerry said himself that the cap isn't something that keeps you from doing what you want...that you just have to get creative.

Another way to lighten the blow is factor in the money that is saved by paying hall and not the 1st rounded...granted it's not a high number but still it's something like 2 mill per..

Comment

Jerry said himself that the cap isn't something that keeps you from doing what you want...that you just have to get creative.

Another way to lighten the blow is factor in the money that is saved by paying hall and not the 1st rounded...granted it's not a high number but still it's something like 2 mill per..
            good idea, but that's still about 7 million short of what
            you would need per year to have meangelo..

i might get killed for this, but if they can get a hold of hall and give him
            a big deal.. i could see the reasoning behind letting
            terence newman go.. i just dont feel comfortable giving
            40+ million to a guy that's gonna be 31 years old when
            he signs it...

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              good idea, but that's still about 7 million short of what
              you would need per year to have meangelo..

i might get killed for this, but if they can get a hold of hall and give him
              a big deal.. i could see the reasoning behind letting
              terence newman go.. i just dont feel comfortable giving
              40+ million to a guy that's gonna be 31 years old when
              he signs it...
              You sure it's 31?

Comment

Halls gone so one more rumor out of the way that we don't have to hear about anymore.......

Comment

Originally posted by bdlyons26 View Post
                  Halls gone so one more rumor out of the way that we don't have to hear about anymore.......
                  We can be sad together.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                    You sure it's 31?
                    My bad. He'll be 30.
                    Which is still older than what Anthony Henry was when we brought him in.
                    Can't forget that we drafted T-New at nearly 25 yrs of age.
                    Who the hell knows why he was that old and still playing college ball.
                    chris weinke style

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                      We can be sad together.
                      Don't be too sad yet.
                      There's still a glimmer of hope.. If MeAngelo can be selfish
                      and ask the Raiders for a ridiculous contract, maybe they'll trade
                      away Asomugha 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I've warmed up to this idea. I want DMAC as long as we're not giving up Barber.
                        Amen brother! Thats a deadly combo, and at the very least gives Jerry a good chance to see if Mcfadden can be the Emmitt Smith he's looking for without expecting him to carry the offense as a rookie....I could see something like this worked out with the Jets or the Pats that would probably involve both our picks with even value, dont know how else we would get up there without a blockbuster deal.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information