Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRC - Dallas DB Board could be for real!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRC - Dallas DB Board could be for real!

Per NFL.com:

Tennessee State (March 21)
    Fifteen NFL teams were present, including seven defensive back coaches. Six players worked out outdoors on a grass field.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (6-1 3/8, 182): Had a 37 -inch vertical jump, 10-foot 11-inch long jump, 4.14 short shuttle, 6.63 cone drill, ran position drills and kept his combine numbers for everything else. Offered to run the 40, but was told it was not necessary. Dallas sent two people to videotape his workout.
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

At least they're committed to spending a high pick on CB even throughout all the pacman rumors. I really want Pacman AND a first day CB selection.

Comment

That is the only way to go! They cannot rely on Pacman, but if he does work out, DRC and Pacman to take over from Newman and Henry... NICE!
      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
      - Cleveland Browns GM
      - Dallas Cowboys GM
      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

If our CBs were Newman, Pacman, DRC, and Henry, we'd be set. For years.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          At least they're committed to spending a high pick on CB even throughout all the pacman rumors. I really want Pacman AND a first day CB selection.
          And I agree. Pacman is anything but a sure thing.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
            If our CBs were Newman, Pacman, DRC, and Henry, we'd be set. For years.
            If this was the case...Henry would probably be moving to FS in 2009.

If Roy Williams has good year this season, though...things would get very interesting because, someone would have to go.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

As good as JJ has been managing contracts, he could figure out a way to keep them all.

However, with Roy on a steady decline, especially in coverage, he could be on his way out the next year.

Henry would add some coverage ability at FS, but there will be several options regarding FS. We will get a good picture about Pat Watkins soon, who knows about Brown yet, and we might end up drafting a FS within the next few years.

But, DRC, Pacman and Newman could be a consistant trio for 3 solid years at least.

If we do not get Pacman before or during early parts of the draft, would we consider drafting a guy like Godfrey in the middle rounds?
              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
              - Cleveland Browns GM
              - Dallas Cowboys GM
              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

I get the feeling Henry is gone once his contract expires. He is not cheap. Also R Williams looks out after 2008 if he repeats 05/06/07. Just those two are needed if you want to resign Newman.

But I think our DB Corps by 2009 season start may only have 1 or 2 of the guys we had in 2007. A total rejuvenation.

Comment

As long as we replace with equal or better talent.
                  2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                  - Cleveland Browns GM
                  - Dallas Cowboys GM
                  - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

The big board wasnt really a surprise, we all knew DRC was the highest, and I think everyone in the world would know we were taking him at 22, but he wont be there so unless we have a trade in mind, maybe 22 and a future 3rd to move up and take him, then keep our other 1st, id be ok with something like that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Henry at FS is a joke.

I still don't understand why people think he would work there. He gets injured every year at CB, how is he supposed to play FS?

Henry would be on his way out in '09 if Pacman and a 1st round CB were brought in this year. He's old, inconsistent, and injury prone.

All indications from Jerry and Stephen are pointing to Newman being resigned.

Like I've said over and over again now-- Nickel corners play over 50% of the snaps, so It's not like we would just just dump Newman. He, Pacman, and Rookie should be viewed as the future if everything plays out like it looks like it is going to.

Comment

DB

I think Jenkins will be there.....and I am still projecting Felix Jones with our 2nd 1st round pick. I don't want to trade down..with that pick..........Chris Johsnon won't be there at the end of 2 round... Andre Caldwell might be threre...

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          Like I've said over and over again now-- Nickel corners play over 50% of the snaps, so It's not like we would just just dump Newman. He, Pacman, and Rookie should be viewed as the future if everything plays out like it looks like it is going to.
                          Who said anything about dumping Newman?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                            Who said anything about dumping Newman?
                            It's been posted a few times. Some have said Pacman and DRC could take over for Newman and Henry and I'm assuming they mean in the immediate future considering the fact that Newman needs to be resigned this year. It's not like his contract is going to be a 2 or 3 year deal, so I'm guessing that they are assuming we move on without him.

Comment

Henry isnt just going to get dumped...his contract is almost up anyway. I'm sure they'll let him fulfil it...and if Roy plays terrible again this season and we have those 4 at corner...Henry would most likely be the one moving to FS and Hamlin would slide over to SS. There is no reason to dump Henry, he's had two solid years here. When healthy, he has been fantastic for us. Also, Anthony is only making $5 mil a year...in this new market, that is a bargain for him. He'll more than likely live out that 5 year deal here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information