X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    per roto:

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/592092.html

Talks about his time here is basically finished, one way or another...Which is why Jerry will make it priority to get Hamlin signed, you guys need to stop worrying about that, we wont let our safety position be completely young and raw.

Plus, If Kenny Phillips is staring at us in the face, let me go on record again as saying he could be our late 1st rd pick, although I wouldnt mind him, Morgan or Johnson.
    There was nothing in that story that had not been hashed out often in this forum. However one interesting note was that it was written by a writer who's been a notable "Roy" apologist in the past. Even he sounds fed up.

Comment

he still led the team in solo tackles and second in total lol...... like ive been saying (but nobody likes...) he should put on 10-20 more pounds and hit the weights hard core and move to linebacker, maybe not fit for big d but somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by bdlyons26 View Post
        he still led the team in solo tackles and second in total lol...... like ive been saying (but nobody likes...) he should put on 10-20 more pounds and hit the weights hard core and move to linebacker, maybe not fit for big d but somewhere!
        What linebacker spot do you recommend he plays? And, what makes you think he has to work ethic to do anything other than eating?

Your idea is stupid because Roy will never be able to take on guards, much less tackles. I've seen him get a 15 yard full head of steam, only to run straight into a guard and pancaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          What linebacker spot do you recommend he plays? And, what makes you think he has to work ethic to do anything other than eating?

Your idea is stupid because Roy will never be able to take on guards, much less tackles. I've seen him get a 15 yard full head of steam, only to run straight into a guard and pancaked.
          Roy lacks technique to take on Guards, not size.

Most LB leads with the helment then punch underneath the pads in order to get some leverage and use their quickness to possibly shed the blocker.

Roy unfortunately just lowers his shoulder, gies up his entire body and goes down flailingly his arms outward hoping he shoe strings a tackle. Bad form.

But to me, Roy lacks training on how to lay LB. Not size or speed or strength for that matter.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information