No announcement yet.

Cowboys and Barber far apart on new deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Dallas trades up for a RB this is probably the reason why. Hard to invest that much garunteed money into a guy that hasn't proved he can handle the load. Not saying he can't...just pointing out that he hasn't done it since high school. Not to mention that he has a physical running style....He is crazy to ask for that kind of money.

Hell we could get McFadden for that type of money....and although he hasn't proven anything on the NFL level if a team finds him elite and you know your going to have to pay Barber...maybe you do offer barber up and make your move. Something to watch for.

Comment

When thinking about the deal that Newman is going to get I don't think we should be looking at samuel type deals...I think we should be looking at Trufants deal....the hometown discount plus the fact of wanting to play for a winner...will make it cheaper for us to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
        When thinking about the deal that Newman is going to get I don't think we should be looking at samuel type deals...I think we should be looking at Trufants deal....the hometown discount plus the fact of wanting to play for a winner...will make it cheaper for us to sign him.
        Hopefully, he helps us out. He's sounded ridiculous in his last few interviews. Saying he doesnt need the money but, he wants the money so, he can be recognized as one of the elite corners in the league. It may be very tough to get the deal done...and to worsen things, w/ all these mediocre type safeties getting big deals, the price for re-signing Hamlin goes up by the day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
          If Dallas trades up for a RB this is probably the reason why. Hard to invest that much garunteed money into a guy that hasn't proved he can handle the load. Not saying he can't...just pointing out that he hasn't done it since high school. Not to mention that he has a physical running style....He is crazy to ask for that kind of money.

Hell we could get McFadden for that type of money....and although he hasn't proven anything on the NFL level if a team finds him elite and you know your going to have to pay Barber...maybe you do offer barber up and make your move. Something to watch for.

Thats never going to happen, so I wouldnt even ponder that idea...

And as far as Newman he already stated he wants to be paid like one of the best, if he's serious about that, he wont want less then Samuel, keep in mind his deal might not be ready for another few years because he could end up playing with the tag next year, at that point the market is going to go up even more...If their is no cap in 2011 its a no brainer, but as of now I dont see it, Ware is going to be priority.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Give him 35 mil.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I saw Rosenhaus (sp?) on ESPN yesterday and he said he has a great working relationship with The Cowboys and is 100% positive that a long term deal with Barber will be worked out.

This came just after his being pretty honest about Chad and Shockey wanting to leave their respective teams, so it seems like we have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I wouldnt say it's anything to worry about...it will get done but, he should be realistic here and lower his demands.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

I have alot of respect for Rosenhaus, he's really a great agent in terms of players, and he has been trying to be ALOT more respectful as of lately since the whole TO circus...He's literally got every top big name athlete under him and he's working to get countless guys new deals and trades every off season, his job has got to be non-stop around the clock.

Either way It's good news to hear, if we keep another back in the rotation Barber has alot of wear left on his body, he's been splitting carries since college into the pros, I'd even be fine with Barber being our 3rd down, short yardage, goal line back with another explosive back, if we can keep him fresh he's going to give the defense hell trying to bring him down.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    "The Cowboys have held preliminary talks with the running back's agent, Drew Rosenhaus
                    Theres your problem right there, his agent. Rosenhaus is always looking to get absolutely enormous contracts that are to much for that particular player.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I told you guys this situation would come up.

I told you Marion would demand the type of deal where he was a feature back... Geez I wish Miami had tried to sign him. He would have been perfect for them. Then we could have done so much more coming into this draft without being held over a barrel by a RB who requires another ******* back around to take the heat off him.

Comment

I really like Barber, but I think the Cowboys made a fair offer and need to stand firm.

He is not worth the type of money he wants and, as much as I would hate it, you may just have to let him walk if he doesn't sign that deal.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information