• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys trade for Pacman Jones

whooo hoooo!!!!

Looks like were giving a 4th according to ESPN
    Last edited by pocketaces; 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM. Reason: more info

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

HALLELUJAH!!!

Just read it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Wow that means your 1st 2 picks are RB and WR. (Two firsts for Roy and Swap seconds? *Crosses fingers)

That allows you to get Chris Johnson in the second then you go to the Superbowl ... I like it :-D
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

This trade doesn't change anything on the draft day. I still see a CB on the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
          Wow that means your 1st 2 picks are RB and WR. (Two firsts for Roy and Swap seconds? *Crosses fingers)

That allows you to get Chris Johnson in the second then you go to the Superbowl ... I like it :-D
          Yea, Pacman or no Pacman CB at 22 was more then likely our best bet...He's not even reinstated, we've been looking at it as a "extra" type deal, if he is there to contribute fine, but we still need another elite talent at DB, we still only have 3 guys, two of whom are in their 30's.

Cason is still probably the guy...Especially with Newman getting out of his contract after this season, so young bodies at CB is crucial.

Comment

Heres a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

I don't know about this.
              We need to find out more about the possible compensation heading back our way, what we'd have to give up if Pac-Man actually gets on the field, and where he stands with Goodell on the issue of reinstatement.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Yea, Pacman or no Pacman CB at 22 was more then likely our best bet...He's not even reinstated, we've been looking at it as a "extra" type deal, if he is there to contribute fine, but we still need another elite talent at DB, we still only have 3 guys, two of whom are in their 30's.

Cason is still probably the guy...Especially with Newman getting out of his contract after this season, so young bodies at CB is crucial.
                Yeah... but a Lions fan can dream can't he?
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Or Moyal View Post
                  I don't know about this.
                  We need to find out more about the possible compensation heading back our way, what we'd have to give up if Pac-Man actually gets on the field, and where he stands with Goodell on the issue of reinstatement.
                  If he doesn't get reinstated Tennessee gives the pick back in 09, if he does and plays we offer up probably a 5th next year, it will have to do with how much he plays or how well he plays...Good deal for both sides, we are protected in case Goodell treats him like Thurman.

Im more excited about things like how eager he sounds to be back playing football again, I'm in no hurry to rush him out there, which is why I want Cason...That would put 3 DB's in front of him for now until he was up to game speed or comfortable, hopefully towards the end of the year he will be somewhat back to his old self, but I wouldn't expect for him to be playing at the level of play he was at at least until he was with us for a year(by that I mean being a playmaker in the secondary)...I think he will provide another young corner who can cover man to man, a huge upgrade over Reeves, and if were healthy we should have 4 very strong corners available, Wade can dial up some pretty exotic blitz packages that he wasn't able to do before.

Comment

Thank goodness this is done. I always thought it would, but it is a relief to get it out of the way.

Cornerback would still be on my board if we stay put, but this opens the door for what I still think may happen, the Darren McFadden trade. I know everyone is sure this wont happen, so I may be the mad scientist. However, it is now there...here is what I think may happen. And I am well aware no one else thinks this is a good idea.

IF Mcfadden falls to #5, the chiefs may take our first two and a later round pick. They could come away with three firsts, and that is how you build a team. Along with the Allen trade they just made, they would have around 7 or eight picks in the first three rounds.

If I was the chiefs, I would do it in a heartbeat. And I would love to see McFadden return the opening day kickoff with a star on his helmet.

Feel free to call me crazy, but our window may not be open that long. We can compete with anyone now, and McFadden would make a huge difference.
                    Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL; 04-23-2008, 07:00 PM.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

For that to happen it would probably have to be the Pats, and he would have to go to #7, which I think is out because the Jets covet him...The Chiefs now have two 1st rd picks, I dont believe they want 4, I think they just want to take one impact guy in that top 5, either DE or OT, then go with the other at pick 17, maybe before the Allen trade but now I think they want that pick in the top 6.

Comment

Great news.

We have tons of flexibility now. I also see no 1st Round CB unless a top 3 falls into our laps.

We are setting up nicely. I see at least one of the first being traded so a team can get Henne.

Comment

BTW, I think Jets are a DMac smoke screen. They are looking to trade it.

They need talent on the D side of the ball and WR talent -- this whole RB talent need is pure fiction IMHO. Jones and their 3rd Down Back are pretty good.

If patient, I think DMac may actually fall to around 10 unless Al picks him.

Comment

Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                            BTW, I think Jets are a DMac smoke screen. They are looking to trade it.

They need talent on the D side of the ball and WR talent -- this whole RB talent need is pure fiction IMHO. Jones and their 3rd Down Back are pretty good.

If patient, I think DMac may actually fall to around 10 unless Al picks him.
                            If DMC falls to 9, unless Sedrick Ellis is there, Cincy will take him.

I don't even think they hesitate.

And as far as you saying the Cowboys aren't thinking of CB in the first, i'd say you're wrong. Terence Newman probably has one or two more years here in Dallas (sadly, but he was a 25 year old rookie) and Adam Jones hasn't been reinstated, so if we picked up a first round corner, and a late guy like Ikegwuonu or Zach Bowman to slowly groom once Henry is gone also.

Comment

Good to see this finally got done. I still want Cason.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information