Ayodele & Fasano Traded to Miami

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
    Special???????? Come on now, he's a glorified blocking TE. Have you watched him try to catch a football? Watching him drop balls in painful.
    In a different system and role he should be a much better receiving threat. Not sure whether it will happen in Miami although they do like to use their TEs.

Comment

Special???????? Come on now, he's a glorified blocking TE. Have you watched him try to catch a football? Watching him drop balls in painful.
      He had some drops in Dallas, but the guy could definitely catch the ball just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
        In a different system and role he should be a much better receiving threat. Not sure whether it will happen in Miami although they do like to use their TEs.
        If you cannot catch the ball, you're not a threat.

Comment

At leats we don't have to play any of those guys going to Miami, I mean we got rid of dead weight and extra cap space, Ferguson and Akin were smart moves, compiling all these mid-late rd picks just further lets me know whe are going to move up at some point for a guy we really like...It's not like we even need all these picks, but i can tell we are going to package them at some point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If you cannot catch the ball, you're not a threat.
            I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much. In a bigger role I see the opportunity for him to be a solid all-around TE. Drops are something he could always work on and I don't ever remember hands being a major issue at Notre Dame.

Comment

I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much. In a bigger role I see the opportunity for him to be a solid all-around TE. Drops are something he could always work on and I don't ever remember hands being a major issue at Notre Dame.
              I feel so much dumber for continuing this conversation. Either you can catch the ball or you cannot.

Comment

Fasano can catch. Come on now guys. Not going to fool you for Kellen Winslow Jr ........ but jeez, he can catch.

Comment

I feel so much dumber for continuing this conversation. Either you can catch the ball or you cannot.
                  And Fasano can catch the ball.

Comment

I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much.
                    Well, what the hell else should we go by?
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I think the move is great.

Fasano is not special. His drop in the playoff game probably cost us that game. Curtis is faster and more athletic than FAsano.

Also, don't forget the Hannah kid that they stashed on the practice squad. He's a 6'8", very athletic former basketball player. I've heard/read that they think they may have found something in Hannah.

Plus, with Miami's pick being so high in teh round, this is virtually a 3rd rounder!
                      Last edited by Macarthur; 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        Well, what the hell else should we go by?
                        College, really. You can't claim a guy can't catch on such a small sample size.

Comment

I think the key word is shipping Fasano is "expendable", of course he is young and has potential, but the fact is when you have Witten, at his age, your backup TE is easy to replace...Besides the fact Curtis is good enough to take over that role.

Dropping Akin makes us better by subtraction, and frees up alot of money, I couldn't be happier with that move...The 1st pick in the 4th round is going to have some good guys who dropped, out of the 3rd I'm sure of it..Either way we got our 4th back that's alot higher...I think its a good move by Jerry, would of liked to see him push for that 3rd but Parcells values draft picks so he probably wasn't budging on that...Also could mean we have another trade coming with them for Henne where we end up getting next years 1st or more 2nd rounders, this is our 2nd trade with Parcells and we certainly might not be done.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I am not real happy about this trade. But I will tell you what I see when I read the writing on the wall...

TRADE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

The trade is Anthony Fasano for a 4th rounder and taking Akin's contract...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Had to bring this up.

1/17/08
                                Fasano is another interesting peice...he has played in dallas...but Tony Curtis got more and more playing time as the season wore on...I wouldn't be surprised to see parcells move for him...MIA isn't exactly stacked at the TE.
                                http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/s...ano#post847131

I'll just say this right now...I would give up both 1st and 2-3 players. As far as ideal right now I think McQ/Fasano/Furgy would be a done deal. We lose a 6th round pick in McQ...a 2nd round pick in Fasano which is expendable by Curtis's play...and Furgy who while can still play...wouldn't make sense with Ratliff's new deal.
                                Not bad...considering this was before the Thomas signing I couldn't have possibly predicted Akin leave....I'll quit patting my back now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information