Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ayodele & Fasano Traded to Miami

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    BTW haven't seen a lot of constructive talk behind this move.

    Anthony Fasano was brought here to be our Hback and also be able to block on the line....he has failed miserably at both tasks. He is terrible off the line of scrimmage and only mediocre when asked to block on the line. With our 2nd TE you needed him to be a strong blocker...two year in he showed no progression..constantly missing his assignment in the hole.

    That is why he was expendable.

    Tony Curtis established himself as a better pass recieving TE last year....so what exactly did we lose in fasano?

    A good blocking TE? No...a big pass game factor? No...he was essentially just another athletic body....really didn't do anything for us with Garrett here...although his preseason looked promising he didn't add on to that at all during the year. As I said back in January....Fasano actually started to see less playing time...and by the time week 16 hit...Curtis was actually playing as the 2nd TE blocking in short yardage situations...thats how bad Fasano's blocking was.

    As stated earlier Akin was just a cap causality that was replaced in FA by a better overall player.

    The one thing I think this would be ideal for if we stick here is to land a Peyton Hillis. That guy is one of my favorite prospects. He can be a short yardage back...he is a great blocker who is quick and decisive in his reads...and he has soft hands. He fits into our H-back roll perfectly...I'd let out a big battle cry if we land him in this draft....talk about a ball player.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by thule View Post
      BTW haven't seen a lot of constructive talk behind this move.

      Anthony Fasano was brought here to be our Hback and also be able to block on the line....he has failed miserably at both tasks. He is terrible off the line of scrimmage and only mediocre when asked to block on the line. With our 2nd TE you needed him to be a strong blocker...two year in he showed no progression..constantly missing his assignment in the hole.

      That is why he was expendable.

      Tony Curtis established himself as a better pass recieving TE last year....so what exactly did we lose in fasano?

      A good blocking TE? No...a big pass game factor? No...he was essentially just another athletic body....really didn't do anything for us with Garrett here...although his preseason looked promising he didn't add on to that at all during the year. As I said back in January....Fasano actually started to see less playing time...and by the time week 16 hit...Curtis was actually playing as the 2nd TE blocking in short yardage situations...thats how bad Fasano's blocking was.

      As stated earlier Akin was just a cap causality that was replaced in FA by a better overall player.

      The one thing I think this would be ideal for if we stick here is to land a Peyton Hillis. That guy is one of my favorite prospects. He can be a short yardage back...he is a great blocker who is quick and decisive in his reads...and he has soft hands. He fits into our H-back roll perfectly...I'd let out a big battle cry if we land him in this draft....talk about a ball player.
      I agree, thule. I didn't like the Fasano's pick and I don't think he has never been a good fit here in Dallas. He was a late second round pick and we just traded him for the first pick in the fourth round... Considering that he's not done anything significantly since joining the team, I think the value was pretty on spot. We were probably gonna cut Ayodele anyway, so we - correct if i'm wrong - just saved some money by trading him. He was not bad in Parcells defense but useless last year.


      In Bob We Trust

      John Madden's wedding video business

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

      Comment


      • #33
        Something that also has to be brought up when gauging Fasano's value...is that he is coming off reconstructive shoulder surgery. If he was healthy, we probably could have gotten more for him and Akin. Dolphins were buying low and it should work out for them. It really isnt a bad move for us...that pick is essentially a late 3rd rounder and this is better than just cutting Akin for nothing.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • #34
          I hated the Fasano pick too but why is it every guy we get rid of a dog and every shiney trinket Jerry signs smart? And again, by your criteria you can't label a player till end of year 3 ........ so.

          With respect to Curtis and Hannah, hey now! Curtis is ok but a 4th WR is just as valuable as Curtis in the Zampese scheme with a pass happy OC. A back-up TE is less valuable than a 4th WR.

          Also remember, the loss of Sparano means the running game is being re-vamped. If Fasano's value is in the running game then the loss of the Sparano system ....

          Thule, um if he sucked Sparano, Parcells and Ireland would not have given up a pick. So, if Jerry Jones is so good about players then the Miami 3 must be brilliant. Same as Akin. The Miami 3 decided Thomas was not good enough but Akin is ........ Jerry the opossitte. One man's treasure is another's trash and all that matters are the results to say otherwise.
          Last edited by bobindallas; 04-26-2008, 10:39 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            I like this. Now Carp can have more of an impact, and Fasano was a luxury. Good trade.

            BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
              I like this. Now Carp can have more of an impact, and Fasano was a luxury. Good trade.
              There is no guarantee that Carp will have more of an impact, though...because, he is still in the same spot he was last season. All we did was replace Akin w/ Zach Thomas...Carp hasnt moved up the depth chart at all.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                I hated the Fasano pick too but why is it every guy we get rid of a dog and every shiney trinket Jerry signs smart? And again, by your criteria you can't label a player till end of year 3 ........ so.

                With respect to Curtis and Hannah, hey now! Curtis is ok but a 4th WR is just as valuable as Curtis in the Zampese scheme with a pass happy OC. A back-up TE is less valuable than a 4th WR.

                Also remember, the loss of Sparano means the running game is being re-vamped. If Fasano's value is in the running game then the loss of the Sparano system ....

                Thule, um if he sucked Sparano, Parcells and Ireland would not have given up a pick. So, if Jerry Jones is so good about players then the Miami 3 must be brilliant. Same as Akin. The Miami 3 decided Thomas was not good enough but Akin is ........ Jerry the opossitte. One man's treasure is another's trash and all that matters are the results to say otherwise.
                Fasano was stuck as the #2/#3 guy. Which seems to be reserved as a h-back/end-stud. Fasano wasn't being used properly...and I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Witten being the #1. No doubt in my mind that Fasano can be a good player in Miami...but he will be in a completely different situation....I have a feeling our coaching staff wants more of a natural h-back which is why I think a guy like Hillis or Hester might be a 2nd day target for us....if that is the case I have no problem with the trade.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Fasano was stuck as the #2/#3 guy. Which seems to be reserved as a h-back/end-stud. Fasano wasn't being used properly...and I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Witten being the #1. No doubt in my mind that Fasano can be a good player in Miami...but he will be in a completely different situation....I have a feeling our coaching staff wants more of a natural h-back which is why I think a guy like Hillis or Hester might be a 2nd day target for us....if that is the case I have no problem with the trade.
                  We are like the family that changes cars every 6 months and then has no money to pay for decent landscaper.

                  Jerry Jones has not a wit of an idea what he is doing other than "getting rid of Parcells guys."

                  Not much of a strategy but must make for some great bar room chest pounding.

                  I still don't get how a team without a stud RB who needs a stud RB passes on a franchise type talent like Mendenhall to draft Dave Meggett.

                  Then he proceeds to reinvest a second rounder to back-up a 25 year old Pro Bowl TE when he has a nice back-up in Curtis and just traded away a capable player.

                  I am stunned with how ignorant, short sighted and uninspiring JJ's football IQ is.

                  In football IQ he is functionally ree-tah-dead.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    lol, guys lets get serious here. The tinted shades are out in full force.

                    "It's a high 4th so it's basically a 3rd", Way to trade to pump yourselves up on the deal guys. The real 3rd round has comp picks so the pick you got from Miami is not even close to the original 3rd round. It's actually a picks picks further back then the 3rd.

                    "Fasano is expendable, we have other options etc, etc." The Jerry Jones goes out and drafts a TE that was probably no better then Fasano to begin with in round 2. Can you say wasted pick? Why not just keep Fasano and use your 2nd on a need instead of using your 2nd for to replace a guy you just traded and then go draft a need with your 4th. Makes no sense.

                    JJ is just making moves for the sake of making moves. After watching what just panned out in your draft with the pick of Bennett, you have to think Parcells is the one that made out better on this deal. Outside of the Brady Quinn trade down, JJ moves have been very lackluster to say the least.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      We must not have like Fasano. At all.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                        lol, guys lets get serious here. The tinted shades are out in full force.

                        "It's a high 4th so it's basically a 3rd", Way to trade to pump yourselves up on the deal guys. The real 3rd round has comp picks so the pick you got from Miami is not even close to the original 3rd round. It's actually a picks picks further back then the 3rd.

                        "Fasano is expendable, we have other options etc, etc." The Jerry Jones goes out and drafts a TE that was probably no better then Fasano to begin with in round 2. Can you say wasted pick? Why not just keep Fasano and use your 2nd on a need instead of using your 2nd for to replace a guy you just traded and then go draft a need with your 4th. Makes no sense.

                        JJ is just making moves for the sake of making moves. After watching what just panned out in your draft with the pick of Bennett, you have to think Parcells is the one that made out better on this deal. Outside of the Brady Quinn trade down, JJ moves have been very lackluster to say the least.


                        Whoa whoa pump your brakes their fellah, really was it necessary to come to the team thread taking more jabs at Jerry? We got enough of that going on, your happy for once, thats good, but being a Dolphin fan and making it through a few rounds doesn't give you the right to start talking about good and bad moves yet.


                        As far as us, Bennett is a completely different player then Fasano was, so how about lets see BOTH guys on the field before you blast this trade...you don't really know anything about Fasano other then what we tell you, if you want to be excited about Ayodele well you can shoot for the stars on that one....But Jerry doesn't believe in reaching for a WR that takes forever to develop, we have good depth and youth at the position, so bennett adds another weapon that will give defenses hell....His value was where our pick was at, no telling who we might target in round 4.


                        Point blank, let the picks play before you bash, and your a Dolphin fan, after how many bad drafts you have had you have no right trying to criticize anyone's pick...Its amazing how after a few picks people start feeling themselves...Way to think Fasano and a 4th rd pick is leading you to the promised land





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          AJ Feeley and Lamar Gordon for 2nd and 3rd round picks.


                          Enough said!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Well MOTH, so much for Parcells not even wanting Carpenter, or noone wanting him in a 3-4...Evidently, Carpenter was the guy Miami coveted in this trade and we wouldn't budge, and we ended up giving up Akin...

                            IRVING -- When the Miami Dolphins made a trade with the Dallas Cowboys for tight end Anthony Fasano before the draft, they also wanted a linebacker, and it wasn't Akin Ayodele.

                            According to an NFL source, the Dolphins wanted Bobby Carpenter, but the Cowboys weren't willing to part with the 2006 first-round draft pick. So Dallas included Ayodele in the deal.

                            Either way, Carpenter said Friday he is happy to be staying with the Cowboys, but that he wants to play.

                            "This is still a great opportunity for me, and [inside linebacker] is a place where I think I can use my athletic ability to make plays," Carpenter said. "If I'm going to have a shot to play, I want it to be here."

                            He's currently backing up veteran Zach Thomas. Carpenter said he's been studying game film with Thomas and already has picked up quite a bit in the short time the veteran free-agent acquisition has been with the Cowboys.
                            http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/620519.html


                            I think this at least shows Carp still has value as well as the 3-4, and there shouldnt be anymore assuming Parcells doesn't want him...It be nice to see his playing time increase at least a little this year...If we look at it from this perspective, I would of shot myself if we kept Akin and traded Carp, he might be just a ST guy, but he's still young, and I would at the least be content with him having to fill in due to injury.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Thanks for that post LL.

                              Joey, WTF are you talking about? Fasano will be good for you guys because your TE situation is horrible. So you got an upgrade. But what did Fasano do in 2 years with us? Nothing. He brought a lot of hope coming out of ND, but what he showed was that he's not a good run blocker, not a good pass catcher and has gotten his fair share of holding penalties. Tony Curtis did 3 times as much as Fasano did and Curtis only had 3 catches. We've been hoping to use Fasano and Ayodele as trade bait. Fasano was brought on board because Parcells has a fetish for NJ players. He's still got upside, but don't expect the second coming of Jason Witten.

                              And Akin... aka Mr. Invisible... I'm surprised anyone wanted him. Good riddance.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                hmm...that is interesting, cause I def. believed BP a while back when he said he wasnt interested. The whole deal was still revolving around Fasano, though...that is who BP really wanted. Akin was just a throw in. I guess, it's nice to see BP show a little interest in Carp, I doubt we really would have traded him anyway w/ that cap hit...But anyway, BP's interest still doesnt change anything...hopefully, Carp can earn himself some PT and play effectivly because, I still have my doubts. It would be great if this all worked out, fingers crossed.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information