Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayodele & Fasano Traded to Miami

http://dal.scout.com/2/749778.html

This gets back into the 4th round and at the top. I have no issues w/this trade at all. Ayodele was never what I had expected and Fasano was a solid backup TE, but he was definetely expendable.

I like it. No big losses for us and another pick (basically) in the 3rd. Pick up an ILB or NT (Rubin).

Comment

I'm going to miss Fasano. I've always saw him as a fine player and a luxury to have as our 2nd TE. But I can't be to shocked that Parcell's wanted him, but it just caught me off guard. Man.

See ya Akin.

Comment

LMAO I just KNEW Ayodele was out of here, Jerry hinted at that more then a few times...Burnett should see an expanded role, even with ZT there.

Fasano I have always been high on, watch him go there and be a player, I doubt we look Finley's way but if he's there late I would be beyond overjoyed, if anything but for just his redzone ability.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

its seems a little lopsided in favor of Miami, but, I guess getting back into the 4th is a relief. You had better have a very good plan Jerry.

Comment

I would of wanted a 3rd actually, but to be honest, you cant under value getting someone like Akin out of the lineup, I think that right there makes us better, I love Thomas rotating with Burnett...

Fasano is a guy I hate to see go, he's really young, but at the same time he was behind Witten, so I guess we can address a backup TE later, all the while lowering our cap space more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I would of wanted a 3rd actually, but to be honest, you cant under value getting someone like Akin out of the lineup, I think that right there makes us better, I love Thomas rotating with Burnett...

Fasano is a guy I hate to see go, he's really young, but at the same time he was behind Witten, so I guess we can address a backup TE later, all the while lowering our cap space more.
              I agree, I said the same thing in the other thread in the NFL section. But, 1st overall in the 4th isnt too bad. Hopefully, they both do well...I like this trade on both ends.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

I loved Fasano at ND, but he left me wondering where "that guy" was since he arrived in Dallas. Good luck to him in Miami.

Akin Ayodele, see ya sucka.

Comment

Jerry seems in a rush to get rid of "Bills guys."

But for what it is worth, Parcells is a genius. As I said, he is looking for young starters on that team. This trade proves that.

BTW, we got killed on this trade. A second-year second rounder stuck behind a Pro-Bowler for a 4th with Ayodele thrown in ..... damn.

As someone said, Jerry better have a plan b/c he is undoing Parcells plan rather fast.

Comment

I can't say that I like this trade. Fasano is a solid TE and I think he's worth more than a 4th round selection.

Akin is just a guy so it doesn't matter what happens to him.

I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Now, if that 4th round pick turns out to be Earl Bennett or someone like that I'd be very happy.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Here's another way of looking at it though...

If someone said, I'll give you Pacman Jones and the first pick in the 4th round for Akin and Fasano and the 28th pick in the 4th round would you do it?

I sure would.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                        I can't say that I like this trade. Fasano is a solid TE and I think he's worth more than a 4th round selection.

Akin is just a guy so it doesn't matter what happens to him.

I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Now, if that 4th round pick turns out to be Earl Bennett or someone like that I'd be very happy.
                        Let's not over analyze this trade that much. We got rid of a LB that wasn't going to see any PT. We did get rid of a solid backup TE, but it's not like Fasano couldn't be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                          Let's not over analyze this trade that much. We got rid of a LB that wasn't going to see any PT. We did get rid of a solid backup TE, but it's not like Fasano couldn't be replaced.
                          Fasano is the one guy in this trade that could come back to burn you guys. I understand he's expendable but in the right situation he could turn out to be special.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            Fasano is the one guy in this trade that could come back to burn you guys. I understand he's expendable but in the right situation he could turn out to be special.
                            I dunno about special but he is every bit as athletic as Witten and would be well served by STARTING. Which he will in Miami.

But yeah, that looked more like a salary dump more than anything else. Gotta be a few million.

Maybe Jerrah is positioning for a trade up................................... if so maybe a few more go.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              Special???????? Come on now, he's a glorified blocking TE. Have you watched him try to catch a football? Watching him drop balls in painful.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information