Cowboys' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
    Unlike you, I was an adult when the 1983 draft occured and that is EXACTLY why he fell to 26.

History was not invented the day you decided to follow it and yes coke was a big problem back in the early 80s.

As prevalent as weed is today to ball players.

Why his wonderlic was low? Maybe b/c he did not give a crap and was a party animal. He ain't the brightest guy in the world either but not much better throwers in NFL history and certainly 10X the pocket passer VY is.

Have you ever tried contributing anything useful to this forum other then constant bitching, moaning and complaing about ****? Seriously, you would rather talk about Roy Williams, and Jerry Jones being incompetent as a GM, and rehash the same points OVER AND OVER, instead of actually talking about something meaninful, current or up to date...Why don't you tell us more old ass stories about the good ol days when you used to watch the draft back in 1972, or how Parcells is God or Jerry is a bum...Really, we all love when you talk about it, and it has nothing to do with the fact that we have heard EVERYTHING you have to say already, there aren't many new members, we know how you feel about everything because you can only talk about 2 subjects.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Have you ever tried contributing anything useful to this forum other then constant bitching, moaning and complaing about ****? Seriously, you would rather talk about Roy Williams, and Jerry Jones being incompetent as a GM, and rehash the same points OVER AND OVER, instead of actually talking about something meaninful, current or up to date...Why don't you tell us more old ass stories about the good ol days when you used to watch the draft back in 1972, or how Parcells is God or Jerry is a bum...Really, we all love when you talk about it, and it has nothing to do with the fact that we have heard EVERYTHING you have to say already, there aren't many new members, we know how you feel about everything because you can only talk about 2 subjects.
      LMAO, nice job LL. Looks like that was the last straw huh?

Comment

• More news from training camp, Felix Jones is getting rave reviews already and I'm certainly not complaining about that:D

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...1E9E010C0FCDE5

Sounds promising thus far, hope he keeps up the good work.
        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-02-2008, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Most of you guys have read this, just posting it for those who didn't, yes its just mini camp, but these were the standouts...

We'll borrow a page out of the hockey playbook, since folks have Stars fever around these parts, and go with three stars. As Wade Phillips wisely noted, you can't tell too much from watching a bunch of guys run around in helmets and shorts, but here are a few that looked good during rookie minicamp.

Felix Jones: Jones didn't play in a sophisticated passing attack at Arkansas, but he impressed Cowboys coaches with his route-running ability and hands all weekend. Heck, Wade Phillips is comparing the kid to Thurman Thomas. Jones made a spectacular, leaping grab on the sideline after running a wheel route during this afternoon's practice. It'll be tough to beat the Curse of 22, but Jones got off to a good start.

Orlando Scandrick: The fifth-round cornerback from Boise State had a better minicamp than first-round pick He has 4.36 40 speed, but his ability to break on the ball is just as impressive. It's not hard to see why a lot of folks considered Scandrick the steal of the fifth round.

Danny Amendola: We could go with second-round TE Martellus Bennett or fourth-round RB Tashard Choice, who both had solid minicamps. But I'm thinking folks want to read about an undrafted dude with a chance to make the cut. Amendola, a proud Wes Welker wannabe from Texas Tech, has the best shot. Just ask Jenkins, who got beat a bunch by Amendola during the four practices. "He's real quick -- a great receiver," Jenkins said. "He's got great speed breaks and is real decisive. He's tough to cover."

Also a little bit about the coaching, Garrett has been getting rave reviews like one of the players, I think its pretty obvious he is the heir apparent, he just screams HC, the players love him, and he's incredibly smart...I keep hearing about how he knows all the positions very well and he's out there teaching everyone how to do their job and being vocal...And gotta love Campo getting some love, he is a great DB coach and probably glad to be back here.

The way Dave Campo coaches. I wasn't here for his first go-round with the Cowboys, but he looks like he's a teacher. He does it by showing, without yelling, and the players responded to it.

The way John Garrett coaches. He was on Martellus Bennett from the first practice. Garrett is a stickler for the little things, like finishing plays and holding the ball high and tight. Bennett would be wise to listen. We'll have more on Bennett's eagerness later in the week. I think it's there.
          Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-03-2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Longhorn im a big Sooner fan but after that statement you've moved 1k places up in my book, "which doesn't matter much im sure, but oh well!" I am as well loving the review of a lot of our picks. I was always a big Felix Jones fan, but after hearing all the negativity on the forums and seeing his 40 time consistently not break the low 4.4 mark as well i was wondering if someone else might be a better fit (which they may have been but we will never know.... unless we get wild get one of those guys down the line!). It seems like he will be fine and Scandrick i heard nothing of and could end up growing into a great player im getting pumped for the preseason to begin. As much as i liked Roy in college i think he needs to go and im liking the idea of Hamlin sliding over and giving Henry a shot....... good posts everyone!

Comment

• Roy Williams

I really like R. Williams and while I hope he stays a Cowboy it seems apparent that this his is last year hear. I don't see why people want to cut him and put Henry back there. I think Williams plays this year and than we release him next year. When does his current deal expire?

I still think teams are afraid of what he can bring, but when you isolate him in coverage that is where teams are exposing him. I hope this year we can use CB to cover the WR and TE on 3 and 5+.

As long as he is here we need to just try to use him to the best that he can.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information