Jeff Ireland ESPN Radio Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacArthur,

I strongly encourage you to watch the America's Game series. They have several for the cowboys of the 70's. Charlie Waters, Hollywood Henderson, Drew Pearson and Tony Dorsett. They all take about Landry. If you don't think Landry was like BP then you haven't really read anything about him. Landry was possibly one of the biggest A-Holes in coaching. But, that does not mean he wasn't a great coach. He's one of the best of all time. In fact, I'd argue that it's what made him that way.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      But wasn't this basically the same team that went 10-6, but with an upgrade at QB? I would argue 6-10 is about where they should have been. Probably where they should have been the year before, also.

There's no question the Romo move took guts.

I also agree the Ellis thing hurt, but every team has that. The Eagles lost their best pass rusher last year. With the talent they had on defense, there is no excuse for their late season failure. The team lacked any heart and passion. There is no excuse to get drilled by NO & Philly at HOME with so much on the line. Losing is one thing, but they weren't even competitive.

No prob. I don't mind the back and forth. We can all learn something from each other. It's when it get personal that it's counterproductive.
      How can you say his team in Year 2 was the same as Year 1? He had one year invested in Carter and he should've taken a step forward in Year 2. Don't forget Vinny was brought in as a BACKUP.... Quincy's dismissal was a sudden preseason incident that we had no preparation for in FA or the Draft. As bad as Hambrick was in Year 1, Eddie George was even worse. Joey Galloway was another adjustment... On D, as disappointing as Ebenezer Ekuban and Willie Blade were on the DL, Marcellus Wiley and Leonardo Carson were worse... same for Mario Edwards... The revolving door of Pete Hunter and Lance Frazier was a significant downgrade... our LBs were a year older... and let's not be so quick to forget Mr. Darren freakin' Woodson. Without him our defense was nothing like it used to be.

So you say, wasn't it the same roster? I say... No. Emphatically.

That team winning 6 games is a damn miracle.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information