Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
    And thats just ridiculous.
    Not really but I realised long ago most would not listen to reason and facts here.

Fact is Jones through Lacewell ran scouting till the 2005 draft when Parcells got him tossed and helped get promoted up two (2) levels Ireland. A guy stuck pretty deep in the scouting organization behind Ciskowski and Lacewell.

So ..... basically it was 2005 when Parcells got MORE say in an area Jones kept him pretty much away from till then. Of course BP had input in 03/04 but he was not allowed to draft he precious 3-4 D guys. That says alot to me.

Let me add MORE does not equal absolute. MORE is bigger than SOME. Parcells had SOME say before 2005 and much MORE afterwards. He got his boys in 2005 ......... he got his power ..... he made sure the coffee was hot and tasty at Valley Ranch.

I can even go pull articles with Jones saying as much -- Parcells was hired to coach, not GM. 2003 went well. 2004 poorly. By 2005 he was playing GM and Coach cuz Jones let him remake the organzation in a Tuna kind a way.

But if I had to speculate on who Parcells wanted from 2003 and 2004 -- the two OL come to mind. The rest I can see Jones type thinking. 2005 and 2006 all BP.
    Last edited by bobindallas; 04-30-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman, Roy Williams, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Andre Gurode, Terrell Owens, Nick Folk.

None were "Parcells' trainees".

Jerry Jones' job doesn't consist of him deciding who plays. He decides who's on the roster or not, and the majority of the players that were brought in were because they were coach's choices.
      And the others??????????

BTW, Gurode was a Parcells guy. Member all the chatter how Torrin Tucker was poison to Gurode and Al Johnson was the starter b/c Gurdoe ahd poor work ethic ... blah ... blah ... well it was Parcells and Staff who fixed that. TNew, only play for BP till last year so .....

Regardless, look at the big contracts to young players and tell me which are not Parcells guys?

Can someone please name me one old Vet that Jones has pushed aside to make the team better? Is there any broken down old fart who best days are gone that Jones does not hang on to too long?

Comment

Ugh, I hate to jump into someone else's fight, but Akin comes to mind. His days are behind him and he is gone...makin room for Burnette to get more work, in mho.
        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
          I'd give you guys a C-. Take Mendenhall over Jones and that bumps up to a solid B.

The trade up for Jenkins was a little bit of a reach. There was good value going to be at 28 with him or Cason.

I think the Choice pick was a wasted pick. Barber won't hold out and no one is gonna pay over the top for him either.

A Redskins fan, analyzing a draft class. Thats a good one.

Comment

B+ as well i think we needed help at WR with at least a 3rd/4th rounder but we are deep at WR and Hurd did impress me in last years preseason..... so unless we make a move before long then im assuming we are gonna try and develop some of these guys and hope TG and TO stay healthy.... if we swap our first 2 picks then we don't lose any picks in the future .... and if Felix would have been taken either one of the other 2 would have been there(Mend. and CJ). I am one of the few that like Felix his top end speed isn't the best hes ran low 4'4s which isn't eye popping but if you put him in the 20 yard dash i think he is probably 2nd or 3rd fastest player in the draft. Hes durable, quick, can be used in many many different positions and has played and preformed against the best..... which Chris Johnson hasn't i say a terrible Tulsa defense hold him to 40 hards 2 years ago... but he may pan out.... No one can complain about Jenkins.... maybe best pickup for a team in the draft..... Choice i liked but not for Dallas at that pick.... Think we should have taken Paul Smith with our last pick..... guess b/c im a Tulsa fan.... and i guess we needed another NT. B+ pretty good draft....

Comment

Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
              Ugh, I hate to jump into someone else's fight, but Akin comes to mind. His days are behind him and he is gone...makin room for Burnette to get more work, in mho.
              I would say otherwise since we signed Thomas.

I don't think Burnett is in any different position this year than last.

Comment

Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                I would say otherwise since we signed Thomas.

I don't think Burnett is in any different position this year than last.
                He's not going to get the PT I would have liked, unless ZT can't play in this defense or he gets injured, but I still think he will get more time in the base D.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                  He's not going to get the PT I would have liked, unless ZT can't play in this defense or he gets injured, but I still think he will get more time in the base D.
                  I hope so Burns. We have a lot of young talent on the bench and it will disappear unless we take some chances.

We will be left with the young super stars with huge contracts and expensive Vets who are no better than the young guys we passed on.

If I am guys like Burnett and Watkins, Hatcher, or Carpenter -- I run, don't walk, when my rookie contract is up to a team that can commit.

Comment

Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                    I hope so Burns. We have a lot of young talent on the bench and it will disappear unless we take some chances.

We will be left with the young super stars with huge contracts and expensive Vets who are no better than the young guys we passed on.

If I am guys like Burnett and Watkins, Hatcher, or Carpenter -- I run, don't walk, when my rookie contract is up to a team that can commit.

Watkins definitely needs to be worked in immediately. Roy is a loser and should be benched entirely by game 4.

I also believe Hatcher will start from what I've read. Spears is going to be on bench duty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      Thats how I feel, ZT will not be expected to play the amount of snaps Ayodele did, because of the concussions and age, so I would expect to see Burnett on all passing downs and more base snaps to rest up Taylor...Besides I want him to prove he deserves to be here next year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well, to me the best view of where everyone in the league views specific talent has always been in Gosselin's top 100. He is consistently one of the better compilers of data on draft prospects. He does not grade them out personally, but rather gets imput from all 32 teams personnell and slots the players based on what the real professionals believe.

That being said, Dallas drafted it's first three rounds by getting all three players for better value than they were listed so I have to give the draft an initial B+. It would have been an A if we drafted Mendenhall ahead of Jones based on BPA. Jones may fit better but Mendenhall is rated higher at the same position.

For the record:

Goose had the average rating for Jones at 21st, Jenkins at 15th and Bennett at 46th. Dallas got better value for all of these players than their draft position so I'm stoked. Mendenhall was 10th BTW. Scandrick was 83rd on the list as well, so in the 5th round that is arguably the biggest steal we got. Tashard Choice was 94th too.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• So it seems that we're one of the winners of this draft, according to Scott. We should tell Scott to put us in the "losers" column, because our GM has no clue.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            So it seems that we're one of the winners of this draft, according to Scott. We should tell Scott to put us in the "losers" column, because our GM has no clue.
                            AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In Bob We Trust!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

• Here's Scotts grade BTW..
                              http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rev...ascowboys.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In Bob We Trust!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
                                You should. My observations are quite dead on but heaven forbid Mr. Roy #1 Safety admit someone is correct and he is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information