Orlando Scandrick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Scandrick

Looking at the "Draft Grade" thread, most don't seem to like the Scandrick pick too much. My question is: WHY THE HELL NOT!?!

He is a 3rd round talent with 2nd round potential and we got him in the 5th round! Great pick. Any grade less than an A seems crazy to me!

I can understand the argument that we had other needs, but it was a 5th round pick and we went BPA, you can't knock that.

It is obvious that IF Pac Man works out, either Newman or Henry are gone next year, or Henry moved to FS. My best guess is that Newman won't get the money he wants and bolt, and Henry will be too far past his prime, or playing FS. If that happens, this 5th round pick that nobody seems to like is all of the sudden our #3 corner, perhaps our return man, AND in line to be #2 should Adam Jones act up, want too much money, or eventually age.

GREAT PICK!
    Last edited by coop; 05-01-2008, 09:20 AM.

I think it was a very good pick.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

great value pick imo

Comment

Maybe posting some exerts from the negative posts would help us understand where you got these negative thoughts from the pick...because I can't think of anyone here who didn't like the selection.

Comment

I liked the pick. I think he gives the Cowboys a guy who can be a nickle corner on a roster where he's going to struggle to move above #5 on the depth chart.

Terrence Newman
          Pac-Man Jones
          Mike Jenkins
          Anthony Henry

Thats some ridiculous cornerback talent (assuming Pac-Man returns to form).

And moreso, with some exceptions like kicker and punter, I feel the later rounds should involve a complete BPA approach for the simple reason that if you can get anyone of value at any position in rounds 5-7, even one of non need, you're ahead of the game.

Comment

Agree with Thule. Where are you getting these "negative" comments from exactly? I haven't seen any in the the grading thread or in the draft thread. I had him in my mock, so I definitely like the pick. But please show us where they are any comments saying they did not like the pick. I mean for godsake even Rob liked the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              I liked the pick. I think he gives the Cowboys a guy who can be a nickle corner on a roster where he's going to struggle to move above #5 on the depth chart.

Terrence Newman
              Pac-Man Jones
              Mike Jenkins
              Anthony Henry

Thats some ridiculous cornerback talent (assuming Pac-Man returns to form).

And moreso, with some exceptions like kicker and punter, I feel the later rounds should involve a complete BPA approach for the simple reason that if you can get anyone of value at any position in rounds 5-7, even one of non need, you're ahead of the game.
              I also think the guy returned kicks. He and F. Jones back returning kicks, along with Pacman returning punts, we have a pretty explosive return game.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                Agree with Thule. Where are you getting these "negative" comments from exactly? I haven't seen any in the the grading thread or in the draft thread. I had him in my mock, so I definitely like the pick. But please show us where they are any comments saying they did not like the pick. I mean for godsake even Rob liked the pick.
                The "Grade the draft" thread. Most gave the pick a C or D.

3 people on the first page gave the pick a C or C+.
                Last edited by coop; 05-01-2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I dont think anyone hates the pick per se but, the addition of another corner in general wasnt really needed...but, yes from a value stand point it was a great selection. I havent seen anyone complaining about it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I dont think anyone hates the pick per se but, the addition of another corner in general wasnt really needed...but, yes from a value stand point it was a great selection. I havent seen anyone complaining about it.

i disagree that it wasn't a need.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

we can never have too much depth at CB, definetly a need.

Comment

He's only going to be a 5th corner at best...Ball or Ogelsby would have been fine in that role...it was just a value pick...and it was a good one, but if he wasnt there, we may have gone w/ an entirely different position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

I've seen him look lost trying to defend Hawaii's passing attack, so if anyone, maybe it was my remarks that coop was talking about. The value was fine, his numbers are good, but his play on the field is what caused his fall. Let's not be mistaken here... he's a fast guy, but he's got A LOT to learn about being a corner and his instincts suck. I would've preferred to use the pick in another direction.

I wonder how Dallas fans will feel when Jerry starts to believe so much in this year's offseason rehaul of the CB position, that he let's Newman walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                            The "Grade the draft" thread. Most gave the pick a C or D.

3 people on the first page gave the pick a C or C+.
                            I listed him as an A -- on the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              He's only going to be a 5th corner at best...Ball or Ogelsby would have been fine in that role...it was just a value pick...and it was a good one, but if he wasnt there, we may have gone w/ an entirely different position.
                              Well, I think Kiper had him as a second rounder and he was as highly valued by some as Justin King. Did grade the second fastest corner.

So, I suspect he was considered starting potential by most. I read somewhere he had a little criminal record which hurt him and that he should have gone back to finish up and learn.

In terms of pure athletics, neither Ball nor Oglesby are in the same league.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information