Marion Barber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Barber

I was wondering if you guys think he can handle the full NFL load as a starting tailback? What are his strenghts and weaknesses? What round draft pick do you think he is worth?

First off is he a starting Running back yes, although if JJ stays he will split carries. Second off he isn't going anywhere if the Boys trade anyone it will be Julius but that is also unlikely. Barber is a very hard runner while Jones is a more patient runner, and as he showed this year Barber is a true redzone threat. Could he handle the load himself and stay durable, there is nothing to say otherwise but having shared time with Maroney at Minnesota and JJ in Dallas he hasn't proved that yet. But the Cowboys are better off keeping the two back system IMO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I don't see how Julius is a "patient" runner. Does running into the back of the pile make you patient?

Comment

the skin is right. barber and jones are better because the other one is here. neither one would be as effective with 20+ carries, IMO.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

So Barber + a speed option back would work well. He's got good hands out of the backfield and blocks well right?

Do you think he'd be worth a 4th rounder? Less? More?

Comment

Barber is too slow to be a starting running back hes more of a power back

Comment

put it this way...rumor has it McGahee is on the market for a first day pick. So far, no movement. So if McGahee is being shopped for a 3rd....Barber would MAYBE be worth a 5th.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Barber has splitting time for quite a while now. Even at Minnesota he split time with Maroney. So no I don't think you can just throw him in there full-time.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                  put it this way...rumor has it McGahee is on the market for a first day pick. So far, no movement. So if McGahee is being shopped for a 3rd....Barber would MAYBE be worth a 5th.
                  peronaly i dont think any RB is worth a first round pick there two easy to replace

Comment

I really hope Barber gets more carries than Jones this year. I still think we should split the carries, but Barber really should get the majority IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Finlayson56 View Post
                      peronaly i dont think any RB is worth a first round pick there two easy to replace
                      I don't know that I would say no RB is worth a first rounder, but I would agree that you can find more than servicable RBs in the 3rd and later.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Im no huge fan of the "work" JJ has done since drafting him instead of Steven Jackson. However, after JJ got his 1000 yard season and Barber got his TD's I think what we have in place will be fine for a long while.
                        Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                        Dave is right
                        Originally posted by duckseason
                        Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

Put it this way...he has move value to the cowboys than he would to any other team. He was a 4th round pick and has only improved his value to the Cowboys. No team would give up a 1st day pick for him...so talk about him moving is funny.

Comment

yea i still think about how we could of, and should of had steven jackson....although he would stop barber from seeing the field as much, jackson was too good to pass on for jones

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Finlayson56 View Post
                              Barber is too slow to be a starting running back hes more of a power back
                              I don't think BArber is slow at all. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but linear speed is overrated for RBs.

And he ran in the 4.4s at the combine. I don't think he is "slow" in any way.
                              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information