Brad Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Johnson

FWST is reporting Brad Johnson is visiting Valley Ranch: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16838391.htm

Johnson would be a solid pickup for the team.

Comment

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16838391.htm

I'm not onboard with the possibility of signing Johnson. We just released an old QB who is a sitting duck in the pocket.

If we want that, then just wait Bledsoe out & resign him.

JJT of the Morning News said the Cowboys wanted a younger experienced backup who would push Romo. He brought up the names of Patrick Ramsey & Joey Harrington.

Comment

But our O-line will be much improved, so a sitting duck QB won't be as bad as last year.

Comment

We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.

Comment

Originally posted by DallCowby1 View Post
            We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.
            Ramsey, Brooks, Harrington would al be nice backups

Comment

Granted, I didn't see Johnson play much last year, but I sort of like the idea of a wiley vet like Johnson being another pair of eyes on the sideline--someone who can talk to Romo about what he's seeing. I read somewhere that Troy Aikman said that having another QB like that who he could talk to was a huge help to him.

However, I must admit that someone like Ramsay is a much more interesting pickup.

Comment

I am all for Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                  I am all for Brooks.
                  Please! Not Brooks!

Comment

Why, he is not that old, has experience, and when in a good situation he could win some games. Not even peyton manning can win in oakland.

Comment

I think Brooks is terrible. I like Johnson as the backup. I like Ramsey and Harrington as backups too. I prefer Ramsey to them all.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

I am fine with Ramsey as well.

Comment

At least Johnson has proven he can win in this league. Ramsey (whom I like) or Harrington have not. I don't think either of those guys would push Romo. IF those two can push Romo, then he's not the QB we all think he is.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Man it sucks for Ramsey, I think he needs another STARTING opportunity. He was 1st round pick.

Comment

Bring back QUINCY CARTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information