LB Fun...What ifs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Fun...What ifs...

Looking back on the 2005 and 2006 drafts where we took MLBs, if we would have decided....

In 2005, instead of taking Burnett, we take Lofa Tatupu, drafter 3 spots later.

In 2006, instead of taking Carpenter, we take Demeco Ryans who went 15 spots later.

I know Parcells has "his" type guys that he was going to draft, and Lofa and Demeco probably are not "his" guys, but DANG, how nice would that have been?
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

That's depressing.

For all the good the Big Tuna brought, he had his share of misses, too. And you would think LB would be a position Big Bill would be particularly astute.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'm glad there's no take backs or time machines ^_^

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
      too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Those guys really don't fit into a 3-4 scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          Those guys really don't fit into a 3-4 scheme.
          And Carpenter does?

I think there' too much stock put into that type of thing.

I bet Tatupu could be a good player for us regardless of the system.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            And Carpenter does?

I think there' too much stock put into that type of thing.

I bet Tatupu could be a good player for us regardless of the system.
            I never said Carpenter did fit. I just think those guys wouldn't fit.

Comment

If those guys don't fit...then it's a pointless what if. They'd be just as big busts as Carpenter...

Comment

If we're doing what ifs, how about Anquan Boldin instead of Al Johnson in 2003, or anyone other than Jacob Rogers in 2004? We're all brilliant in hindsight.

Comment

I think Carpenter fits perfectly into a 3-4, he's got great versatility. He's able to play inside or out... He's just allergic to contact.

I'm just surprised Parcells couldn't sniff out a finesse player. If anything, he usually doesn't miss on "try hard" guys.

But yeah, no way would he draft someone as small as Tatupu to play in a 3-4... and try to remember, Tatupu wasn't jaw dropping coming out of SC. He wasn't projected to be anything close to the pro bowler he ended up becoming.

Comment

These threads are ridiculous. If every GM was critiqued, they'll all look no better than monkeys drafting in thier stead. Are we gonna start the, oh we missed on Tom Brady now?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      These threads are ridiculous. If every GM was critiqued, they'll all look no better than monkeys drafting in thier stead. Are we gonna start the, oh we missed on Tom Brady now?
                      Oh crap, you're right. Brady would've been a great steal. :)

Comment

Man...I forgot about him. If we had drafted that Tom Brady guy, who I knew would be sweeeet, we'd never need this Romo chump.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                          Man...I forgot about him. If we had drafted that Tom Brady guy, who I knew would be sweeeet, we'd never need this Romo chump.
                          Yeah, and we would have missed out on the "Quincy Carter Experience" :D

Comment

Hey now, I was just simply pointing out something...Not trying to say what if on every position, just the ILB position on a couple of drafts that were interesting to me.
                            2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                            - Cleveland Browns GM
                            - Dallas Cowboys GM
                            - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                              If those guys don't fit...then it's a pointless what if. They'd be just as big busts as Carpenter...
                              I disagree.

So, Zach Thomas is ideal for a 3-4 as far as size goes?

He and Tatupu are basically the same size and Ryans is even taller with more agility!

Mike Mayock says it all of the time, a good play-making linebacker will fit into both a 4-3 and 3-4. Aaron Curry will be the same way!
                              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                              - Cleveland Browns GM
                              - Dallas Cowboys GM
                              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information