Hype a prospect!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    It still makes a lot sense, actually. Sensabaugh has a troubled past, is only signed on for one year, and may be facing a suspension to start off the year. Safety isnt as glaring a need anymore but, it's still pretty big and could def. be targeted with that 2nd round pick, even if you think there may be better players on the board. There is no depth and there is no guarantee that Scandrick is actually moving to that "star" position. ILB, S, O-Line probably make the most sense now in the 2nd.
    I was just saying the leadership aspect wouldn't really play apart in dallas aside from getting him drafted.

I don't see him as someone who will unseat Sensabaugh....and if thats the case I don't wanna waste a 2nd on him...if Sensabaugh needs to be upgraded the 2010 draft class should be the best one in recent memory....I'd rather wait and play with what we have at safety. Use a 4th round pick on a special teams safety that you think has the potential to start and let them battle it out.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      I was just saying the leadership aspect wouldn't really play apart in dallas aside from getting him drafted.

I don't see him as someone who will unseat Sensabaugh....and if thats the case I don't wanna waste a 2nd on him...if Sensabaugh needs to be upgraded the 2010 draft class should be the best one in recent memory....I'd rather wait and play with what we have at safety. Use a 4th round pick on a special teams safety that you think has the potential to start and let them battle it out.
      I didnt say he would unseat Sensabaugh this year. But you could gradually ease him in there. Get the training wheels off and by year 2, he's ready to take over. Depth is a major issue too...you have a much better chance at hitting with a 2nd rounder than a 4th rounder. We could use quality safety depth, and a guy like Rashad would be great. He is one of those amazingly hard workers who has turned himself into a very good player...and there is a greal deal of potential there.

We all know we can go in a number of directions...just throwing it out there. Safety in round 2 is still a very good possibility.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

I agree with the possibility that S is still an option. Never know how the board is gonna shake out. Sensy definitely hasn't resolved any answers yet.

Comment

If I'm looking for someone to ease into the position Johnson isn't my guy. Untapped potential I don't see it...he is what he is imo. I'm sure he is a hard worker...but that only gets you so far in the NFL. I'd rather take someone with a bit more upside and that needs a little more tooling.

Thus I like to wait into the 4th and pick up a Bruton/Pegues/McBath...these guys all have more upside and could turn out to be better NFL players than Johnson.

Comment

come on guys, hype some more players for me to get excited for draft day!

Comment

DING, DING, DING!

I know I mentioned it a few times before, but I agree with Thule here. 2010 Safety class is going to have at least 3 first rounders.. This year might not have any.

We could grab a potential star in the 1st next year. At the very least, we can grab a guy in the 2nd next year who will probably have equal to, if not better value than this year's safeties.

Pick 51 is basically like getting a top 50 player, why waste that pick on so-so safeties that are all pretty similar, would only contribute on ST (Unless Sensabaugh fails miserably) and most likely isn't going to be a pro-bowl, playmaker.

Berry and Mays will probably be out of our range (I hope so, because I would kill myself if we had a top-10 pick next year) but we could still land a guy like Major Wright. He is the guy you are all going to have to listen to me hype up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                DING, DING, DING!

I know I mentioned it a few times before, but I agree with Thule here. 2010 Safety class is going to have at least 3 first rounders.. This year might not have any.

We could grab a potential star in the 1st next year. At the very least, we can grab a guy in the 2nd next year who will probably have equal to, if not better value than this year's safeties.

Pick 51 is basically like getting a top 50 player, why waste that pick on so-so safeties that are all pretty similar, would only contribute on ST (Unless Sensabaugh fails miserably) and most likely isn't going to be a pro-bowl, playmaker.

Berry and Mays will probably be out of our range (I hope so, because I would kill myself if we had a top-10 pick next year) but we could still land a guy like Major Wright. He is the guy you are all going to have to listen to me hype up next year.
                Sounds good. Next year is all Ndamukong Suh and Trent Williams for me. I know thule is gonna hype up his boy Brandon Spikes.

At safety, if those guys spoken of are gone... I'd be interested in Kam Chancellor.

Comment

We can't go safety in the 1st round next year unless we take a LT in the 2nd round this year and he shows he is ready to take over the job, otherwise future LT is head and shoulders above a safety for me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    We can't go safety in the 1st round next year unless we take a LT in the 2nd round this year and he shows he is ready to take over the job, otherwise future LT is head and shoulders above a safety for me.
                    Yeah.. I guess this is all just kinda dumb speculation on our parts because Jerry will do what it takes to address the major needs in FA if he can.

If we had a chance at say... Jason Peters? Because the Bills don't get a long term deal done with him, I could definitely see us looking at him. He'd fit our line.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Sounds good. Next year is all Ndamukong Suh and Trent Williams for me. I know thule is gonna hype up his boy Brandon Spikes.

At safety, if those guys spoken of are gone... I'd be interested in Kam Chancellor.
                      Be interesting to see what happens to Suh's stock this year. He had a huge end of the season....I could see him having a Moala type fall next year. Preseason top 10 down to a 2nd round player.

Cody is my top NT until proven otherwise.

I'm still really excited about kindle.
                      Oghobaase is going to be a stud coming out..depending on what happens to spears this year...he should be top 3-4 DE

Comment

I like Boo over Cody at NT in 3-4, btw, Kellen Heard ate Cody for breakfast
                        Last edited by PACKmanN; 03-24-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Be interesting to see what happens to Suh's stock this year. He had a huge end of the season....I could see him having a Moala type fall next year. Preseason top 10 down to a 2nd round player.

Cody is my top NT until proven otherwise.

I'm still really excited about kindle.
                          Oghobaase is going to be a stud coming out..depending on what happens to spears this year...he should be top 3-4 DE
                          I'm going to predict the opposite. I can see Suh being the top DL in the class. Top 10 pick.

Cody is the one that will fall unless he can shed at least 30 more pounds and build real muscle mass. He's a fat slob. I really don't see much athleticism. He takes up space for sure, but I'm not sure if he wouldn't have a better career if he became a Sumo in Japan. Those guys are treated like real life Gods.

Comment

I would absolutely love Kindle opposite Ware next year, depending on what we do at LB and what Spencer does says alot...I think he's a great fit because of his versatility, he would be a monster but honestly Thule I'm pretty sure he'll be a 1st rounder...He was graded out as a 2nd rounder this year, and the added production he'll get from taking over Orakpo's role will only help his stock.

I think he may be out of our range, but Cody, boy I'd give up a 1st for him easily at this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Kindle means Spencer failed.

Good talk, but let's get this thread back on track.

Any other players in this draft anyone wants to hype up? If you have a guy that you'll say later "so and so was my guy way back when"... then now is the time and this is the place.

Comment

Okay, I will post my favorite prospect (as far as Cowboys needs go.)

Patrick Chung-Safey-Oregon.

I love!!!!!!!!!! this guy.

I cant post any videos of this guy, cause I am an absolute idiot with computers. But he has range. He has ball skills. He can play the run and the pass. He is an absolute football player.

I have been right and wrong about many a draft prospect. There is no doubt about that. But before you choose a prospect you like, go to youtube and look at Chung's highlights. He can hit. And when he gets the ball in his hands he makes plays.

And he is no pre-maddona. Watch his blocking during the interception during the Michigan highlights. If you dont like what you see on that interception (when he didnt have the ball in his hands and was not expecting to make the highlight reel) then you can say he sucks. But dont pass judgement 'till you see him play.

If he gets drafted by a team not named "Cowboys," I will be sorry.

And one more thing for thet guys that only look at the triangle numbers-----dont let a 4.5 40yd dash fool you. 4.5 is plenty fast to play any position in the NFL if you know what you are doing. This guy can play football, and that is what is important. He has the physicals to play, but also know HOW to play...

And for the record, I am NOT a Oregon fan....
                                Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL; 04-04-2009, 03:52 AM.
                                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information