Marco Rivera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Rivera

How badly would be hit against the cap if we released Rivera?

If we cut him now, it will cost 1.2 million on this year's cap. That is the 4.875 signing bonus minus the 3.625 salary. If we cut him June 1, then the hit is 1.625 million this year, and 3.2 million next year.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

So cut his a** now.

Comment

His base salary is only 2M this year according to NFLPA, but he also has roster/workout bonuses in the 300K range according to my notes. But yeah it is a negative net cap hit either way, although my guess is that he'll be a post June 1 cut.

Comment

Originally posted by jdnoyes View Post
          His base salary is only 2M this year according to NFLPA, but he also has roster/workout bonuses in the 300K range according to my notes. But yeah it is a negative net cap hit either way, although my guess is that he'll be a post June 1 cut.
          I agree 100%

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

Why cut him at all if it's a negative cap hit? Why not keep him on the roster. It's not like we have 10 pro bowl lineman waiting for their chance to play. Keep him on the team and go through training camp and play the best player at G (Davis or Rivera).

What's the point of cutting a guy if you can keep him? It's not like they get to keep any of the excess cap room they have at the end of the year.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

So you think he will be cut?

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                Why cut him at all if it's a negative cap hit? Why not keep him on the roster. It's not like we have 10 pro bowl lineman waiting for their chance to play. Keep him on the team and go through training camp and play the best player at G (Davis or Rivera).

What's the point of cutting a guy if you can keep him? It's not like they get to keep any of the excess cap room they have at the end of the year.
                He may not be cut. If he can't play because of his back he may decide to retire.

Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334 View Post
                  He may not be cut. If he can't play because of his back he may decide to retire.
                  I'm hoping that's the case because I no longer think he's an NFL caliber player.

Comment

Neither do I. Its to bad though, seeing that he is a first ballot HOFer.

Comment

I think it all depends on two factors the status of his back, and whether or not we resign Columbo, if Davis has to play RT and Rivera is healthy why cut him? At worst he is a good mentor for Procter who competes with Rivera for the starting spot. If his back is not healthy or we resign Columbo and it looks like Procter and big Pat are making progress he could get cut because of a numbers thing. But in any case I think it'll be a post June 1 move to save cap room and to give him every opportunity to get healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                        Ah no he isn't.

Comment

yeah um no way in hell he gets into the hall on any ballot.

Comment

Are you serious? Isn't he a double digit pro-bowler? I know he has atleast 8, thats is MORE than enough.

Comment

Are you serious? Isn't he a double digit pro-bowler? I know he has atleast 8, thats is MORE than enough.
                              He had 2 with the Packers and one with Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information