X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 Cowboys Draft Thread

On your marks, get set, GO!

Let me hype a guy real quick:

Golden Tate. Chances are this guy won't come out this year, but it is a possibility. Played RB in high school but is now a WR. Only seen him play a few times, but has excellent speed and COD. Great athlete. Keep an eye on this guy. He contrasts a guy like Austin well.
    Last edited by Staubach12; 05-01-2009, 02:29 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

F Wide reciever

ERIC BERRY! Hopefuly we aren't in position to draft him, only having to trade up to get him.

Some other guys I like are Arthur Jones DE Syracuse and Boo Robinson NT Wake Forest.

haven't read up on the 2010 draft, but those guys have stood out to me

Comment

Dear lord, I'm still trying to comprehend this years draft. I cannot even begin to think next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
          No way I want to be picking high enough to draft Berry, but I'd gladly give up two firsts to add a difference maker in the secondary. I figure were drafting in the 20's, hopefully 32 (:D) and trade up into the 8-10 range.

I LOVE Berry he can do it all.
          Not gonna happen though. Trust me, I LOVE Taylor Mays, but the fact is, he won't be a Cowboy. :(

Comment

Will this be the year we finally address the NT position!? Doubt it .

Comment

I won't say ever, but I know it's extremely unlikely.

Good call on Carrington. I forgot about him, but remember hearing about him last year. If I remember correctly he had quite a few sacks and is a good athlete, kind of like a poor man's Carlos Dunlap

Comment

I want Taylor Mays or Eric Berry and would be happy with any trade to move up and get one of them

Comment

We may have gotten our safety this year with A. Smith & Hamlin.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Screw Berry or Mays :D

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

None the less, get ready for me to fire this bandwagon up for the next 360 days:

Berry or Mays will be top 10 picks, so sign me up for Earl Thomas, I'll be bringing his name up all year so you guys make sure and keep an eye on him when the Longhorns suit it back up.

He's looked like another Michael Griffin from day one.

Thomas will be the 3rd safety off the board I believe in a safety class that could maybe fit 5 guys in the 1st and he's going to provide great value for somebody in the mid-late 1st.

Not sure if we safety or not, I'm starting to like the Cincy boys too, but if we go safety sign me up for Michael Griffin pt 2.

For those who haven't seen him, keep your eye on him when Texas plays next year...His range is incredible, he will come up and hit like a truck and has great field awareness.

It's a dog fight right now for the 3rd safety after the top 2 dogs, Thomas has a good shot at winning that battle.
                    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-03-2009, 02:16 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Screw Berry or Mays :D

Thomas will be the 3rd safety off the board I believe in a safety class that could maybe fit 5 guys in the 1st and he's going to provide great value for somebody in the mid-late 1st.

Not sure if we safety or not, I'm starting to like the Cincy boys too, but if we go safety sign me up for Michael Griffin pt 2.

For those who haven't seen him, keep your eye on him when Texas plays next year...His range is incredible, he will come up and hit like a truck and has great field awareness.

It's a dog fight right now for the 3rd safety after the top 2 dogs, Thomas has a good shot at winning that battle.
                      I am a huge Earl Thomas fan, but he will need to have the same type junior year Michael Griffin had in order to elevate his stock.

He showed his youth this year. For example, he took poor angles to WRs most of the year, but another year of experience should help some of those things (ie. Tech game on Crabtree's game winning TD).
                      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                      - Cleveland Browns GM
                      - Dallas Cowboys GM
                      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                        I am a huge Earl Thomas fan, but he will need to have the same type junior year Michael Griffin had in order to elevate his stock.

He showed his youth this year. For example, he took poor angles to WRs most of the year, but another year of experience should help some of those things (ie. Tech game on Crabtree's game winning TD).
                        I like Earl Thomas but won't he be a junior next year? Texas players rarely come out early.

Comment

Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                          I like Earl Thomas but won't he be a junior next year? Texas players rarely come out early.
                          RS Sophmore next year, and that used to be the trend but lately more and more guys have been going early when/if their stock is high...Only reason Kimble came back was because he was graded as a 2nd rounder, 1st round score from the DC and he said he was gone.

Earl should be a mid 1st rounder, he definately needs to improve but that's expected for a Freshman starter, he also had a great spring game and is starting to look like his range is getting even better.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

DeAngelo Smith, Michael Hamlin and Gerald Sensabaugh would really have to screw up royally or have career ending injuries for us to be looking at S in the early rounds next year.

I say stop the Safety fetish and get pumped about the guys playing in the trenches.

Comment

If Safety was the choice, I'd love to have Major Wright. He's got speed and range... Oh and he hits like a mother ******

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZnLEGJaiU

Check out his hit on new Cowboy WR Manuel Johnson.

I also like Morgan Burnett as a mid-late 2nd round guy right now, but he definitely has the potential to rise.

I'm real curious to watch Terrence Cody. Could he take a fall? Maybe he doesn't show anything special and is just a body? Maybe he falls to the 2nd?

Right now I'm considering my 3 top needs of 08 and 09 my same for '10.

DE/NT/LT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information