Kenyon Coleman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenyon Coleman

Looks like the Jets are strongly pushing for this guy.

Help me out, tell me about him. Worth a pickup?
    Last edited by Gridiron; 03-06-2007, 05:30 AM.

quality backup, very aware

Comment

Not a bad player. Good backup - I wouldn't sign him to starter money though.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Does he have a chance winning the starting job competing with players like Kimo von Oelhoffen, Bobby Hamilton, and likely some rookie?

If so, is he good enough to be a decent starter, or is he more of a rotational guy?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

rotational guy. Could do spot starting for a game or two. Don't expect him to be a full time starter. If he is, your DL is in trouble.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Coleman makes the most of his opportunities. While not a playmaker, he does provide depth that makes you feel comfortable.

Comment

He outplayed Marcus Spears at the end of the year...and was our only DE to get penetration out of our base 3-4 set.

Comment

Thule is correct, sadly........

Comment

Jets | Team signs Coleman
                  Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:15:00 -0800

The New York Jets have signed free-agent DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Comment

Oh well, gives Hatcher more playing time, thats a plus.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

This move imo affects more than the general fan base understands. Coleman was our savy veteran from the DE position. I love having youth...but then again I want a guy that has played it before and can give incite on the field...something that coaches can't always do. I mean it is easier for a player to explain something to another player sometimes than a coach. I really think this loss hurts more than we think. Although maybe the one gap scheme change makes coleman's knowledge expendable. I really think he would have been worth keeping.

Comment

He is a great pass rush guy. Like others have said, he is a quality backup.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Are you bring him in to start?

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information