Switching to more of a power running scheme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to more of a power running scheme

According to John Clayton, with the signing of Davis, we are going to switch to more of a power running offense. Which hopefully means, Barber is going to get more carries.

On another note, in an article by Nick Eatmen on DallasCowboys.com, we are negotiating with Colombo on a 2 year contract, in the range of about 7 million. Sound great to me.

Thoughts?

I think a power running scheme could also benefit Julius. The line opens up holes, and Julius hits them with speed.

Comment

I don't think we ever were anything else besides a power running team. We sure as hell weren't a ZBS, and we haven't run an inordinate amount of pulls or traps. We never run the stretch play, and our sweeps are infrequent as well.

We've always been a power running team, so this is no news at all. Just because you are getting bigger on the o-line doesn't mean you are changing schemes.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
        I think a power running scheme could also benefit Julius. The line opens up holes, and Julius hits them with speed.
        What speed?

Comment

I Think we are going to draft someone like Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd....And do the good ole....We know we're running it, You know we're running it. Try to stop us...

Comment

Even if we re-sign Colombo?

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
              What speed?
              You're a fool if you think that.

Comment

Even if we re-sign Colombo?
                Yes, Because that means, Davis is going to play RG..So we are going to have a great push right up the middle....

Comment

So why would we draft another G? Although, I would love it, I love O-line.

And no I am not D-Unit, Julius has average speed.

Comment

Julius is much faster than Barber at the very least...and one thing that excites me about having a stronger line is the opportunity for Julius to run more draws.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                      Julius is much faster than Barber at the very least...and one thing that excites me about having a stronger line is the opportunity for Julius to run more draws.
                      Jones Rules on Draws..............

Comment

lol. Julius isn't a lot faster than Marion, what are you smoking. Julius does not have breakaway speed, granted neither does barber, but Julius doesn't for sure. And don't give me that run on New Orleans, my mom could have scored on that. Just look at the Seattle game, he got cought from behind when he had a wide open lane to the endzone, which would have won us the game, and he gets caught from behind by Ken Hamlin, who ran a 4.6 at the combine, granted 40's don't mean everything, I am just saying. And Julius did not run in the 4.3s D-Unit, so don't bring up that junk.

Comment

Sometimes people need to learn how to make intelligent comments. Saying JJ doesn't have speed is plain ignorant.

Comment

t new stop while your ahead JJ runs between late 4.3 to early 4.4...barber clocked a 4.50 at the 2005 combine. i do think barber should get more carries though. bring in JJ as a change of pace guy.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!

Comment

the difference in the 40 times may not seem like a big difference on paper, but on the field it makes a whole world of difference. And regarding who should get more carries if it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information