4th and Long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Holley is actually nothing like Hurd, especially not to be a 'poor mans version', their style of play is completely different...And probably not better then Stanback? Yea, because he's done so much at WR for us to gauge that off of right lol.

Stanback is a QB who is an athlete, Holley made more acrobatic catches then Stanback ever has in his life, and Holley has alot more experience at WR...Maybe he is cut, I still agree about Hawkins, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume he gets cut, let's just see how he looks versus some of the starters instead of out of football DB's.
    How is he nothing like Hurd? Good size, very average speed, and good hands. In fact, Hurd probably has better hands.

I really hope you've seen Holly play before because it's a joke if you're basing what you just wrote on the show.

Holly was beating up scrub ass arena league DB's who were almost in their 30's in numerous drills that favor the wide receiver and give the QB all day to throw.

This guy is a scrub with no upside. Atleast Hawkins had upside and potential.

Beyond all of that Hawkins is the perfect special teams player which is all either one of these guys would be if they even make the final roster, which they wont.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
      I was a huge fan of Hawkins. Chances are the winner (Holley) will most likely have to be a ST player in the beginning to prove themselves. Hawkins was just amazing at every single ST drill. His speed and elusiveness would have made him into something special in the NFL at KR/PR. I thought Hawkins deserved it.

However, I do believe Holley has the higher roof, and could be a decent WR in the NFL. I wonder if any of the players has been picked up. I really hope the Bills wind up with Moses Washington. The dude was a force at DB.
      ummm you're kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        ummm you're kidding, right?
        hahahahhahahahahahaha if he was.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          How is he nothing like Hurd? Good size, very average speed, and good hands. In fact, Hurd probably has better hands.

I really hope you've seen Holly play before because it's a joke if you're basing what you just wrote on the show.

Holly was beating up scrub ass arena league DB's who were almost in their 30's in numerous drills that favor the wide receiver and give the QB all day to throw.

This guy is a scrub with no upside. Atleast Hawkins had upside and potential.

Beyond all of that Hawkins is the perfect special teams player which is all either one of these guys would be if they even make the final roster, which they wont.
          Holley was on a teams Practice Squad before the show even started, if he was good enough for a team to take a look years ago he's good enough for us to take a look now, again he's no worse then the Todd Lowber's and Amendola's we bring in every year, if he can't cut it you cut him and move on.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I dont think he has much of a chance at all. This isnt the year to keep 6 receivers. 1-4 are set...and if Stanback can somehow manage to stay healthy...he probably gets that last spot. Especially w/ his kick return experience and still raw skill set. And if he doesnt then we have a lot of bodies at WR so, it still would be tough for Holley to make it.

As for for Hurd and Holley's hands. Talk about underrating Hurd's hands...most people around the team will tell you that Hurd has the best hands on that team. And no that isnt a stretch. Williams, Crayton, and Austin have all had problems holding onto the football. Hurd may not have the athletic ability of a Williams or Austin but, he's a better route runner and has more reliable hands.

Anyway, it will be fun to keep an eye on Holley...I remember him well. I didnt know all the guys but, I knew Holley. From both football and basketball. But yeah, it should be real tough for him to make it. We have plenty of camp receivers so reps will be scarce.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

The way I see it is if Hawkins doesn't fumble that kick off we are talking about him winning.

I think he was by far a much better special tams player and that is what we need out of the winner

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information