Cowboy Truths/Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    That was actually one of the picks I liked.
    I won't be shocked if he takes that #2 job from Kitna

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I won't be shocked if he takes that #2 job from Kitna
      If you mean this year, then I would be.

Comment

Okay, I've been thinking about this and here's mine.

1. The offense will be fine. RW will have around 1100 yards and 10 TDs. Garrett will retrench himself as one of the bright young coaches in the league. I think the WR focus will be minimized due to my #3 and #4.

2. Tony will have a better year but not have huge numbers due to more emphasis on the running game.

3. Running game will be a handful. Felix will, early on, become the starter and MBIII will move back into the "closer" role.

4. Breakout player will be Tellus. This guy is going to explode. He won't have tons of catches because of Whitten, but he will be a big play guy. I could see him having 3-4 "impact" plays per game.

5. 3rd year in Wade's system will pay big dividends. Wade has finally gotten the types of guys (i.e., cover guys at safety) he likes in the secondary. I really think the defense is going to take another step forward, primarily turnovers.

6. On the negative side, If Flo struggles again with injury, we could be in trouble. I think the preseason will be very important to track the progress of Free. I think it's worth noting that there were guys there in the 2nd, namely Beatty, but they decided to pass. Could that possibly mean they think Free is progressing well?

7. Special teams were a disaster last year. Obviously, we have drafted some athletic kids, but they are young. I think if our ST are improved, that could amount to a 2 game swing. Remember last year, ST all but cost us the Arz game.

Lots of folks are focusing on the big stuff like Romo, RW, Garrett, etc. While those things are certainly a big part of the equation, I think something like special teams is flying under the radar, but could have a gigantic impact on the season. If the new kicker is as advertised, and McBriar comes back strong, we could actually have an above average ST group.

As far as record, I think the over under starts at 9.5. I think they have a good shot at 10 or 11 wins. However, if injuries hit key spots, they could easily end up with 7 or 8 wins. I predict 10-5 2nd place in East.
        Last edited by Macarthur; 07-24-2009, 02:01 PM.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I predict 10-5 2nd place in East.
          Could happen. Going to need a little luck though.

8-8 or worse could get Garrett fired.

Comment

Anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4. I really don't know.

One bold prediction, Sensabaugh is pro-bowl bound/ will lead the NFC in picks for safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              If you mean this year, then I would be.
              Well, I would hope that by the end of the season they see that Kitna isnt needed and go into 2010 with McGee at #2. A lot of my Cowboys-fan friends didnt like the pick, which shocked me since it seems like, since Romo was the #2, there hasnt been a trustworthy #2 QB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

We'll see what happens. He's a project and has been pretty damn awful thus far. Even being outplayed by Rudy Carpenter for stretches of time. He's already got a nice little nickname from his teammates, Captain Checkdown. I've seen different variations of the nickname as well but, it's the general consensus. No one expected him to light up camp but, he's coming around slowly. Gun shy, holding the ball too long, throwing into heavy coverages, tucking and running on 7 on 7's, which is laughable. I expected raw but, I was hoping he'd be a sharper than he has been. No worries, though...he's got plenty of time to develop. Hopefully he doesnt get himself killed in the preseason. lol. Just has to absorb as much as he can from Romo and Kitna, and he'll be fine in time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Okay, I just made **** up. Educated guesses here.

-11-5 and a wildcard.
                  -Jason Garrett comes back and has a good year, but still doesn't take full advantage of all the talent on the offense. He gets a HC job somewhere.
                  -The defense shoots out of the gate, but has some troubles down the road.
                  -Wade Phillips is replaced or demoted (PLEASE demoted, he's a great coordinator). There's too much talent on this team to waste it like he is.
                  -Tony Romo is more consistent this year. Pro Bowl.
                  -Barber and Jones are both fantastic, but Choice gets left out of the loop.
                  -Jason Witten is our leading reciever, and reinforces his place as the best TE in football.
                  -Martellus Bennett, Roy Williams, and Sam Hurd all put up good numbers and Hurd becomes the up-and-coming playmaker on our offense. He plays #1 when Roy goes down fr a few games.
                  -Austin and Crayton do very little this year.
                  -Flozell goes down. It's a little ugly for a few games.
                  -Igor Olshansky and Jay Ratliff play well, but no DE emerges as that third guy and it becomes apparent that Marcus Spears isn't coming along.
                  -Bradie James is inconsistent, Brooking is mediocre.
                  -DeMarcus Ware seriously gets in the MVP conversation.
                  -Opposite of Ware is a revolving door. No one really shows much.
                  -Newman is godly, and Jenkins/Scantric are awesome, but one of them goes down. Major up-and-comers.
                  -Ken Hamlin is very good, but not a game-changing force.
                  -Sensabaugh lets a lot of people down. Goes on and off. Mostly off.
                  -Mike Hamlin shows a lot of potential when he's in, but the coaches don't trust him enough to put him in too much. This pisses some fans off.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Projected finish: 10-6 with a wildcard
                    Eagles win division and giants get the other 'card
                    Will win 3 out 4 from AFC west
                    David Buehler Team ROY
                    Defensive Ends will be average at best
                    Secondary much improved (scandrick/newman top 6 CB duo)
                    Ware awesome...rest of LBs not so much
                    Offensive line dominant in run game, sketchy in pass pro
                    Witten usual self...Bennett much improved
                    RBs fantastic...Barber gets banged up, Choice steps in and very solid, Jones fantastic in screens and wheel routes
                    WRs unspectacular (including Roy Williams)
                    Romo...look, i'm still mad the boys didn't draft Brady Quinn so my evaluations of him will be forever skewed...but I do like the Kitna pick up...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Prediction: 8-8 record, but a lot of close games.

Worst case: 6-10, offense lost all explosion, Garrett refuses to tailor his calls to the personnel (more fit to be a power team)

Best case: 11-5, we win a few of those close game and come up with key plays. We assert ourselves as a power team that puts together methodical drives and plays sound defense.

D Ware -- DPOY, comes back with 19 sacks to follow up his 20 sack season.

Spencer only gives us 7-8 sacks, but looks to be a consistent piece opposite Ware

Our D-line continues to get abused by power running teams.

Flo misses a few games and Free fills on admirably. He has his ups and downs but shows potential to be the PASS blocker we need at LT. Leaves a lot to be desired in the run game which is even more reason to get a monster LG asap.

Newman has a career high in INT's -- finishes with 6 in 14 games.

Mike Jenkins looks like the 1st rounder we tabbed him as. He'll be the risk taker that turns in some huge plays. Scandrick remains consistent and good, but not flashy.

Roy Williams will piss everyone off. He wont be as bad as I make him out to be, but he'll fall short of expectations. 900 yards and 7 TD's -- Not worth what we gave up for him.

Marty B, Felix, and Barber end up being the 3 big play energy guys for the team on offense. Marty scores 9 TD's and Barber bounces back with 15 total TD's.

Comment

• 12-4
                        • Romo has a great year and successful December
                        • D leads the league in sacks and INT
                        • The D Triangle breaks down at some point with Ratliff, Brooking and James and it will cost us games
                        • Austin and Hurd have 40 catch seasons with Roy and Crayton around 60/60
                        • Carpenter and Spencer prove their value -- just not first round value.
                        • Spears is benched finally.
                        • DE play well as a unit.
                        • Wasted 2009 draft much like 2007.
                        • Running game is much better
                        • Passing game is much shorter
                        • We lose in the NFC Championship Game but break the streak
                        • Wade, unfortunately, keeps his job and Garrett finally bolts
                        • Jones continues to ignore LT, OL, ILB and NT in the draft
                        • Pray for few injuries as usual
                        Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-14-2009, 09:58 AM. Reason: last point.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                          • 12-4
                          • The D Triangle breaks down at some point with Ratliff, Brooking and James and it will cost us games
                          Wow, 12-4 with the 2nd worse G.M. in the league. Seems like you said last years draft was a waste also (except for Jenkins). Glad to see your so optimistic with all the bad talent our G.M. acquired.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            ,,,,Glad to see your so optimistic with all the bad talent our G.M. acquired.
                            All of Parcells talent is maturing at the same time. They are all in their prime and they got rid of Cancer Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              • 12-4
                              I thought i was being optimistic about 10-6...I hope your predictions come true instead of mine

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information