Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 2 Cowboys vs. Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    As I said. Ironic and coincidental isn't it.
    Awww.... Look at who's acting all innocent. Cute.

    Comment


    • Alright everyone, stop getting off topic. Next off topic post gets an infraction, I don't care if it's rob or someone else. There's a time and a place to discuss everything. Your petty rivalries do not belong in this thread.

      Comment


      • Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

        But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

        1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

        2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

        3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

        4. Roy needs to be involved more.

        5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

        6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

        7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

        8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

        9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

        10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

          But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

          1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

          2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

          3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

          4. Roy needs to be involved more.

          5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

          6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

          7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

          8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

          9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

          10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)
          1. Crayton is interesting to me because he went from late round pick from a small school, to under-performing big mouth seemingly overnight. He obviously has the skills, he turned himself into an NFL quality WR. Probably not a #1, but it's an amazing accomplishment regardless. But he has clearly let the spotlight get to his head.

          2. Another example of someone's head not being right. Clearly his instincts were just off that night. And Romo lives off his instincts for better or worse.

          3, 5, 7, 8. I thought Kosier looked pretty good, and I'm not sure he was the obvious weak spot in this game. Really, the line did a good job. We ran all over them, and Tony had plenty of time on enough throws. You literally can't ask for anything else. Yeah Flo had that stupid penalty and looked like a complete amateur. But overall? Awesome job, IMO. Also I didn't notice the Columbo to LT shifts, what kind of plays were called in these situations?

          4. Credit to Corey Webster. The other thing is, I think Garrett game planned around attacking the depth of the corners. There was no reason to challenge Corey Webster, everyone else was either hurt or a scrub.

          10. Yeah Bennett won me over this game. I'm on the bandwagon hard now.

          Comment


          • Terrell Thomas isn't really a scrub. Not even close.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Just making note. Not saying the the OL had a weak link or did bad. I thought they did really GREAT overall.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.
                I saw the game again yesterday.. they showed it on ESPN America as the "game of the week"... speaking about Roy, he's a great run blocker.. once he puts his hands on the opposite corner he pushes him downfield.. I agree that we need to use him more, way more.. let's use it like we did with TO... slant routes so he can take advantage of his huge size and gain yards after catch..
                Pass defense was sooo poor.. almost everyone of Eli's passes was a completion.. Our corners got beat over and over again... I think our safeties did a very good job in run supporting but Hamlin needs to be more aggressive in the passing game.. he has the skills to make some nice plays on the ball..
                I just noticed that also Tennessee, who has a great secondary, got destroyed through the air..


                In Bob We Trust

                John Madden's wedding video business

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                Comment


                • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

                  what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

                  And Johnson's banged up and looked stiff out there
                  As I said, you have problems on D.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                    As I said, you have problems on D.
                    so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

                    shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

                      shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?
                      We stink. I know that. I don't have pretenses to rooting for the "Best Team in Football" unlike Giants fans.

                      Hearing guys like Mike Francesa and the other GMen mans -- apoplectic to say the least right now -- all I hear was how great the team was. Personally, all I have seen this year is a team is with a better passing game and that is it. Everything is else is worse so far.

                      NO did not surprise me, Cowboys turn-overed the ball 4 times, still scored 31, and still had a lead with 2 minutes to go. NO simply went out and spanked a mediocre GMen D and played crisply. Cowboys (Romo) play remotely crisped and we would have spotted 42.

                      For all the talk about the D line, et al, there is something wrong. I don't know if it is the D Coordinator but they are not playing well when "pressed" by other teams. Kind of like the Cowboys D..... slightest pressure and they are all over the place.

                      They can definitely turn it around but I thin their 5-0 was a mirage. Lots of coaching to be done in the Meadowlands.
                      Last edited by herniateddisc; 10-19-2009, 09:08 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

                        what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

                        And Johnson's banged up and looked stiff out there
                        Ahem. GMen looking tight for the game in the Meadowlands..

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information