Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I liked the idea prior to drafting Jenkins and I like it now....

Move Mike Jenkins to Safety.

Let Scandrick start at Corner opposite of Newman.

Both will take their lumps, but it would benefit the team in the long run.
    This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit
      Consider your bridge burnt.
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      I have no problems at all with people disagreeing. It was the tone and sassy mouth.
      So because i say "brah" in jest, you get this upset? I've seen you berate others, myself included, A LOT worse than a simple comment like that, but i guess. Besides, that second post fully explained my opinion on moving Jenkins, so i don't understand what the problem is.

Comment

I'm just gonna leave it at that and get back to my Madden game.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?
          2 words for you .... Earl Thomas!!!

Ed Reed brain in Sean Taylor's body with Deion Sanders speed. The next greatest-ever LONGHORN DB, sure fire College and Pro HOFer!!!!!!!!

OT: Seeing Scandrick this year has disabused me of his readiness to play CB as a starter. His tackling is by far worse than Jenkins or Newman and he get toasted on double moves.

Comment

The trade that wasn't

The Bengals put forth a "significant offer" for Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett on the trade deadline Tuesday. Jerry thumbs-downed the move. This is the ESPN AFC North writer's report, good to see the acquiring team's take on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...to-make-a-move

With their 2 starting TEs out it was the best move the Bengals could make. They're uncharacteristic winners this yr & apparently Cincy wants to stay that way in their division usually dominated by Pittsburgh & B-More. IDK what the Bengals offer was, anybody?

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                The Bengals put forth a "significant offer" for Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett on the trade deadline Tuesday. Jerry thumbs-downed the move. This is the ESPN AFC North writer's report, good to see the acquiring team's take on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...to-make-a-move

With their 2 starting TEs out it was the best move the Bengals could make. They're uncharacteristic winners this yr & apparently Cincy wants to stay that way in their division usually dominated by Pittsburgh & B-More. IDK what the Bengals offer was, anybody?
                This was being discussed in one of the other threads. Not sure if it was Jerry's exact words, but it was at least a second round pick.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information