Who here likes Ed Werner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here likes Ed Werner?

Just another dispicable piece of work out of his mouth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/col..._ed&id=4582322

Basically, what I get from this is that we should bench Roy Williams because he's not living up to his contract. To him, that's good coaching. That Patrick Crayton is being treated unfairly and he should be the one starting opposite of Miles Austin. To Werner, a move like that is a Parcells/Belichick type move.

To me, the Cowboys cutting TO was more dramatic than anything Belichick, Parcells or McDaniels (the guys he's praising) ever did with their personnel. ...yet he writes 1 sentence about it followed up with his idea that they should bench Roy. Roy is not sitting out by choice. He got knocked out going across the middle (one of the bravest things a WR does). He also doesn't have that many targets. Guys like Werner who don't understand the full picture are EXACTLY the type of media pundits who type worthless junk that mold the public's view. All of us here knew Roy wasn't gonna duplicate TO's numbers. But Werner seems to think that Roy's a failure because he hasn't filled those shoes. One of the biggest reasons why we got rid of TO was to enable Romo to feel free in spreading the ball out more without TO jumping his balls or Garrett's balls.

I can't believe this guy gets paid to write his opinion.

I hate that no-good piece of ****. Despise him with a passion.

Looks like this is one time where we completely agree, D-Unit.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Well he's gotta criticize something? Right? lol It's not like Roy has sucked to mighty heaven here. He had two good games that people would've acted like Pro Bowl performances had T.O. did them in Buffalo, and the other two games he was active for Romo was off with his passing. It's just another way to stir up the pot for Werder.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Werder is one of the biggest fucknuts that's employed by ****** ESPN. Year after year we see garbage flying out of this douchebag's mouth. He knows nothing about what's good for the team, yet he always comes up with his little clever ideas on what should happen. If lightning struck him tomorrow i wouldn't have an ounce of remorse for the guy.

Comment

FWIW, I like Werder. RW does suck so far.

But Crayton is after-birth and no better than Hurd on the field.

So ... I like Austin, RW.

Comment

It's a ridiculous story. It's obvious that it was a slow news week for him so he had to try and generate a controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by FinChase View Post
              It's a ridiculous story. It's obvious that it was a slow news week for him so he had to try and generate a controversy.
              So Jerrah calls Crayton a starter. Phillips drops the ball. Crayton complains and Werder is the problem?

Not to mention Jerrah mis-directing media with his "we passed up a high pick" non-sequitor.

How about them COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                So Jerrah calls Crayton a starter. Phillips drops the ball. Crayton complains and Werder is the problem?

Not to mention Jerrah mis-directing media with his "we passed up a high pick" non-sequitor.

How about them COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Nobody said Werner is a problem for the Cowboys. For a guy that always likes to bring up strawman... please...

Werner just sucks at reporting and his opinions are ridiculous. The fact that people listen and allow him to mold their perception is just warped.

Jerry never called Crayton the starter. In fact, he avoided any mention of Crayton.

"Jerry Jones mentioned Roy Williams, Miles Austin and even undrafted receiver Kevin Ogletree while discussing the potential of the Dallas Cowboys' wide receivers corps.

Patrick Crayton's name didn't come up until Jones was specifically asked about the veteran receiver."
                http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/co...cowboys&page=2

To me, this is great news. Crayton shouldn't be listed among the WRs that have great potential for the future. I think his future sucks.

Comment

McDaniels getting rid of Cutler was bigger than you guys cutting T.O.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think I just put 1 and 1 together.

Patrick Crayton is Ed Werder's rat!

It all makes sense now. Crayton has always savored media attention. Why is it that Crayton is on Cold Pizza, First Take, and is like the Cowboys spokesperson on ESPN for the Cowboys players? Who let him be "that" guy? Jerry? Wade? Romo? Witten? Ware? Newman? Some other Cowboys leader??? No. ESPN gives it to him and in turn, they get their rat into the Cowboys lockerroom. Ed Werder is ESPN's Dallas Cowboys' guy and with this article it's all come clear now.

Crayton was the rat on the whole TO, Romo, Witten saga last year. Who got left out in the cold more than Crayton? Especially after they brought in Roy...

Now he's being talked about being benched and it's all of a sudden reported that Crayton wasn't told about it face to face and the story is broken out by Ed Werder who calls "bad coaching" and "unfair to Crayton.. who is slightly outperforming Roy".

NOT TRUE.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/co...cowboys&page=2
                    Phillips: Crayton was informed of decision
                    October 21, 2009, 5:15 PM
                    By: Tim MacMahon

Wade Phillips denied Patrick Crayton's assertion that the receiver wasn't informed that he was being replaced by Miles Austin in the starting lineup.

"I'm sure we told him in a meeting," Phillips said.

Crayton feels that he deserves an explanation for the demotion. Phillips, who pointed out that Crayton could start Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons if Roy Williams isn't recovered from a rib injury, said a one-on-one meeting with the receiver might happen.

"When that comes up, we may do that," Phillips said. "We discussed it with him. I have no doubt about that."

So that makes Werder's report even MORE HIDEOUS... the fact that if Roy isn't healthy enough, then Crayton WILL get the start opposite of Austin. Werder blew his horn too early and now we know who his rat is. At least wait until your boy Crayton is not starting before you call foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      McDaniels getting rid of Cutler was bigger than you guys cutting T.O.
                      I would probably agree, but to play devil's advocate, I think we're having a harder time adjusting with the loss than Denver is.

Orton is better than people think. But if the Broncos lost Marshall.... I doubt they'd still be undefeated. Weird thought?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I would probably agree, but to play devil's advocate, I think we're having a harder time adjusting with the loss than Denver is.

Orton is better than people think. But if the Broncos lost Marshall.... I doubt they'd still be undefeated. Weird thought?
                        A little. Losing a franchise QB is still harder to make up for than losing a #1 WR that's a little past his prime. You also thought that losing Owens would help, which it still may, but you can't then say you're having a harder time without him.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

A little. Losing a franchise QB is still harder to make up for than losing a #1 WR that's a little past his prime. You also thought that losing Owens would help, which it still may, but you can't then say you're having a harder time without him.
                          Yeah, but that #1 WR past his prime was still a big time producer for us. We did think losing TO would help, but it was never thought to be a quick fix. So the results have not been immediate, just as expected. Losing him is a big adjustment.

I know my stance is against the grain. But Cutler is definitely NOT missed in Denver. That's pretty much a fact. I don't care if logic says replacing a franchise QB is hard. "Hard" is situational, not a blanket statement that always rings true. It hasn't been hard for Denver.
                          Last edited by D-Unit; 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Yeah, but that #1 WR past his prime was still a big time producer for us. We did think losing TO would help, but it was never thought to be a quick fix. So the results have not been immediate, just as expected. Losing him is a big adjustment.

I know my stance is against the grain. But Cutler is definitely NOT missed in Denver. That's pretty much a fact.
                            I agree but at the time it was still a bigger move and tougher decision to make.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I agree but at the time it was still a bigger move and tougher decision to make.
                              What??? NO way man. Denver got amazing compensation for him. Dallas ate a $9M cap hit with nothing in return.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information