Cowboys @ Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
    You wanna call out other people for being on a "pedestal", but you're also talking down to people. Dont be ignorant and act like that call didnt have an impact on the outcome of the game. The refs were bad that game. Both sides had a couple missed calls, difference is that this call gave you the ball and ended a possible drive.

I think all Eagles fans have "manned" up to the loss and its over with. We're a young team, and a lot of mistakes were made. A lot of our starters were rookies and it was their first or second time playing in a big NFL game.
    You make a lot of excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      I really do believe that the game hinged on that play, if the Eagles get called short the Cowboys win (and they did) and if the Eagles get the first, the continue driving and get some points.
      Of course the game hinged on that 1 play, you know why? Because we had to kick a fg instead of punching in a TD when Samuel blatantly held RW's arm. If you asked the VP of officiating about that play what do you think he would say?

Then for all we know that play is meaningless or doesn't happen because your not even as close at that point.

But again, it's probably more fun your way of just looking at that one call, instead of the countless we pointed out that went in your favor.

I get it though, let's just say the Cowboys won because of the refs, then it makes the Eagles look better and makes the Cowboys look worse, and you can sleep better at night.

Hey, whatever works for you buddy.

It's just funny how you continuously ignore all the other calls we pointed out to you that could of had the game well out of hand by that point, thus making the QB sneak irrelevant had the prior calls been called correctly. So you, and the other Eagles fans still hinging to that call need to keep in mind that had prior calls been called correct that play doesn't have such huge ramifications, then again if the Eagles knew what to do on a 3rd/4th and short situation they wouldn't have to worry about it but we all know Andy Reid is as clueless as it comes in those situations.

You can take that as a shot if you want but we both know it's true, you guys can't convert short yardage situations to save your life, you have more to be worried about then a ball spot.

Again though, whatever helps you sleep at night.
      Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-13-2009, 12:01 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.
          Fiiiiiiiiiine. From now on, we just need to have the mentality that only the LAST missed call counts. Everything before that is not that important. :p

Yeah. I think you guys would've won if you got that call.

Comment

• The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
              The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.
              I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.
                Likely during Barry Switzer's notorious 4th down debacle against the Eagles with Emmitt trying 2 straight runs to get a single yard. At the end of the day, if you can't gain 1 yard when you have to with multiple attempts then you don't deserve the win.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information