If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.
Yesterday I felt a blowout was possible. Today I remembered that Jason Garrett is our Offensive Coordinator. Bah. :(
of course I don't see the Raiders winning, I never do. But if Oakland just wants to stay in the game, the defense has to play lights out like the did vs the Eagles. The Raiders defense can be great when they want to be. when Aso and Johnson are playing man on man and we start blitzing Howard, Huff, Branch, like we did a few times this season we have a chance to at least make things interesting.
1) Keep Miles on the Left side
2) Keep Witten on the right side and split him out frequently vs Nashumundiotosisu. That is "strand" a unhealthy but dangerous star on thier best cover corner.
3) Run the ball between the tackles with MBIII and Jones
3b) Keep Martellus on the left side and split him out left to force the SS into coverage or the LB mismatch. Helps take a player out of the box for run/pass optionality.
(*** so lots of 2 TE sets with Martellus as the focal point)
4) RB Wheel Route and Screens on 5/7 Step Drops with 3/4 WR sets -- overly aggressive D attacking the QB and you can get their cover guys to turn their backs to the play quite easily.
5) Bench Roy and play the other dudes.
6) D Point: Blitz Gradkowski, play tight man versus their immature WR and Play lots of Cover 1 -- that is create the illusion the "deep pass" is there if only their "really fast" WR can get there and catch it.
7) Fear M Bush if he plays. Hit him hard in the legs.
Bob. Just a question. If Roy put up a big day are you wrong about benchin him. Will you say it's because of how much he was targetted and someone else could have done the same thing. I wanna know before since it seems like you have a few outs on that point.