Cowboys @ Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think this will be one of the big keys to the game. The first time we played, our secondary was very much in a transition phase.

Since then, Jenkins has become one of the top young corners in the league and Sensy has been really solid. I just think we are much better in coverage than we were early in the year.
    yeah, you guys have definitely patched up your secondary.

Id like for us to get Kevin Boss involved in this game, bc i think he can exploit your coverages a little, but we don't really use the TE. so its a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      You are right BBD about it being a divisional game. Those things can't be taken for granted like the Redskins game. I think the injuries and revenge factor will be the key to this game.
      you guys more than ever should be able to run on our front. all you really have to do is pound us into submission.

im serious when i say that the Redskins have been far more impressive the past 3 weeks than the Giants have.

Comment

BBD, one thing I found interesting is that Michael Lombardi was on the radio here in Dallas this week and he talked about how slow and unathletic the Giants front 7 has become. Seems strange to think that front 7 would be in that shape but injuries have really taken a toll.

Also, bloggingtheboys.com had an interesting point on this December issue. Sure, the boys have struggled. IT's well documented. However, I think far too much is made of it, especially when you go back more than 2 or 3 years. But here's an interesting comparison they made with the Giants:

Cowboys Giants
        2006 2-3 2-3
        2007 2-2 3-2
        2008 1-3 1-3

Of course, no one talks about the Giants struggling in December. :)
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

A Super Bowl win tends to skewer things.

Dallas wins big. I'll say 31-13.

Comment

NO doubt that Giants got hot at the right time. That's why I think there been too much made of the December thing.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Our team has issues. I would love for us to fire dumb and dumber, especially the "dumber" part of the equation. I like Coughlin, but enough with the first year coordinators. We hit with Spags because we went after a guy who coached the secondary & LBs in an aggressive system, but overall I am not a fan of giving first year coaches a shot especially if you play in a big market.

Oh, and you guys will win big!

Comment

Some interesting stuff from Bob Sturm's blog:

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

OK. I have written all of that. I don't want what I am about to write change what what lies above the line. But, in researching these numbers, I couldn't help but notice this: Eli Manning's 1 hot month in Jan 2008 erases worse issues about finishing the season. I said once upon a time, "They have Eli, we have Romo - give me Romo", and I stand behind it. But, the ring is the thing. Eli has one, Tony does not. Eli has a lifetime exemption when it comes to scoreboard, Tony does not.

Take a look.

Win-Loss Record by Month between Romo and Eli:

Win-Loss Romo Manning
                Sept 9-2 11-5
                Oct 6-3 16-4
                Nov 15-2 10-12
                Dec 5-8 11-13

HTML Tables

Not one bad month for Eli, but two. And let's remember that the Giants are 9-8 in the post-Plaxico era (9-9 if we count the home playoff loss to Philadelphia).

QB Rating by Month:

QB Rating Romo Manning
                Sept 100.3 91.0
                Oct 93.0 81.8
                Nov 111.0 73.2
                Dec 71.9 68.6

HTML Tables

Yes, even in Romo's train wreck December, he is still exceeding Eli.

TD/INT Ratio by Month:

TD/INT Ratio Romo Manning
                Sept +13 +15
                Oct +8 +14
                Nov +29 E
                Dec -5 +1

Really, there's only one measurable that you can concievably say that Eli is a better QB than Romo - that Jan 08 run.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Some interesting stuff from Bob Sturm's blog:

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

OK. I have written all of that. I don't want what I am about to write change what what lies above the line. But, in researching these numbers, I couldn't help but notice this: Eli Manning's 1 hot month in Jan 2008 erases worse issues about finishing the season. I said once upon a time, "They have Eli, we have Romo - give me Romo", and I stand behind it. But, the ring is the thing. Eli has one, Tony does not. Eli has a lifetime exemption when it comes to scoreboard, Tony does not.

Take a look.

Win-Loss Record by Month between Romo and Eli:

Win-Loss Romo Manning
                  Sept 9-2 11-5
                  Oct 6-3 16-4
                  Nov 15-2 10-12
                  Dec 5-8 11-13

HTML Tables

Not one bad month for Eli, but two. And let's remember that the Giants are 9-8 in the post-Plaxico era (9-9 if we count the home playoff loss to Philadelphia).

QB Rating by Month:

QB Rating Romo Manning
                  Sept 100.3 91.0
                  Oct 93.0 81.8
                  Nov 111.0 73.2
                  Dec 71.9 68.6

HTML Tables

Yes, even in Romo's train wreck December, he is still exceeding Eli.

TD/INT Ratio by Month:

TD/INT Ratio Romo Manning
                  Sept +13 +15
                  Oct +8 +14
                  Nov +29 E
                  Dec -5 +1

Really, there's only one measurable that you can concievably say that Eli is a better QB than Romo - that Jan 08 run.
                  Stats like that mean nothing.. And that's if it was pro Eli or Anti Eli. Stats in general are overused. Those stats don't take into consideration both schemes and the plus and minuses of those schemes that each QB plays in. From day 1, we managed to screw up Eli's development. Hell in our team, on both sides, of the ball it's musical coordinators and coaches. Coughlin has stayed the same but those under him have moved. Just watch the games, and take into account the system each player plays in, and make an evaluation there. I'd take Eli any day, but I'd take you're system any day. Hell, give us Garrett over Kildrive! Now Gilbride has done some good things, but from day 1 we messed up the coaches under Coughlin.

Comment

Well, I would agree that stats alone can be misleading.

But the ultimate stat is W's. And frankly, if you take out the one January that Eli got hot (with the help of a hellacious pass rush), Romo is more of a winner than Eli.

Granted, you can't just 'take out' that Jan. It counts, big time. I'm not necessarily knocking Eli as much as I'm saying that Romo has gotten way too much blame for the Cowboy failures.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

They play spirited but their D really sucks right now and THIS TIME we don't let them off the hook...

Cowboys 35
                      Giants 24

Comment

BBD, one thing I found interesting is that Michael Lombardi was on the radio here in Dallas this week and he talked about how slow and unathletic the Giants front 7 has become. Seems strange to think that front 7 would be in that shape but injuries have really taken a toll.

Also, bloggingtheboys.com had an interesting point on this December issue. Sure, the boys have struggled. IT's well documented. However, I think far too much is made of it, especially when you go back more than 2 or 3 years. But here's an interesting comparison they made with the Giants:

Cowboys Giants
                        2006 2-3 2-3
                        2007 2-2 3-2
                        2008 1-3 1-3

Lombardi is correct. Our front 7 is slow.

Outside of Michael Boley, nobody is playing fast in the front 7. Osi is hampered, Tuck is hampered, our DTs suck, and the one guy who is good is still not fully there (Canty), Our MIKE's are all slow, our SAM position is slow (we haven't started Sintim yet).

So our edge speed is lacking on the line, and 2 of our LBs are very slow.

But speed isn't really the issue to me. Its strength. The lack of strength in our DT duo and MIKE/SAM is the problem.

Starting Sintim would fix our SAM position. He is already lightyears better than Clark but Coughlin just hates playing rookies. And with AP out and communication being a serious issue this year on defense, he's even more hesitant to start a rookie.

The Giants have never been a great December team either. The Eagles are the best December team in the East.

Comment

Given how down the Giants fans are on their own team, it will be mighty embarrasing to lose to them.

Man, they really know how to set themselves up to feel good. Lose and they expected it. Win and not only are they happy as hell, but they get to bash us all the more. LOL. If Dallas wins, Dallas fans can't get too happy about it. But if we lose, Oh boy... we'll have mud on our faces. How do you like that? :/

At least Redskins fans think they'll win even though they really are crap. haha. You can feel good about beating them because they thought they were gonna win. LOL. So funny.

Philly fans are just arrogant... win or lose. They think that they will win all the time. If they lose, well they should've won if not for blah blah blah. Blame the refs. Blame the coach. Blame injuries. Blame the sun for shining. Their players are the best!
                          Last edited by D-Unit; 12-03-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I think even if you lose, we have nothing to say honestly.

Its not like we'll become 1st in the division with a win. All it means is that we live to fight another week.

Now if we won in the playoffs, then sure. Thats when it counts.

Its the reason why we had bragging rights over Dallas 2 years ago. Its why Philly had bragging rights over us last year.

Rubbing in a regular season win when youre chasing a team makes no sense.

Comment

Well, I would agree that stats alone can be misleading.

But the ultimate stat is W's. And frankly, if you take out the one January that Eli got hot (with the help of a hellacious pass rush), Romo is more of a winner than Eli.

Granted, you can't just 'take out' that Jan. It counts, big time. I'm not necessarily knocking Eli as much as I'm saying that Romo has gotten way too much blame for the Cowboy failures.
                              Maybe, but I am not happy with the way we developed Eli. Romo sat and got the playbook and system down for couple years. Eli had probably the worst coordinator ever and now is out of the NFL, in the Canadian league, lol. Gilbride isn't that much better. He has done some good things, and Eli has played and gotten better under him, but still, we could do better. Now, it's going to be hard to win with our defense, which by the way has it's 3rd DC in 5 years. If Sheridan keeps this up, we may have # 4!

So football is a team game, and both Qbs have good qualities and bad ones, I am more frustrated with how we developed him. He was off to a sick season, but now this injury is screwing things up. People said our WRs this year would be the biggest concern, right now that's the farthest thing wrong with this team now.

Comment

I'm worried about this game for some reason, you might as well throw out all the stats, or how bad they are playing, same goes for Washington. If you guys don't think the Giants will be amped up to play us at home your fooling yourself, sometimes that's not enough to win but I just can't see us cruising to a win.

It'll be a dog fight and be close in the 4th then maybe we pull away, but with how desperate they are I can easily see them taking this game in a close one, no matter how many injuries they have. I don't trust Garrett yet to scheme up a winning gameplan.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information