Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Bill Cowher or Dom Capers.
    I don't think you'd get Capers to come out of Green Bay just yet.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
      I don't think you'd get Capers to come out of Green Bay just yet.
      Technically he should of been here, it was all but decided then there were some formalities with our DC at the time and not wanting to ruffle any feathers. I don't know why Capers would pass up a HC job anywhere to stay a DC though, that's pretty much anywhere.

Bringing in Capers with Wade would of been the best thing for us, I can only imagine what him and Wade could scheme up for our D. As a HC I'm not sure what to expect with him, but I'd be all for giving him a chance though. He kinda got a raw deal in Houston, he didn't turn an expansion team around fast enough but some key players got hurt and honestly the Texans haven't been much better since he left.

He's due for another shot pretty soon.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
        I take it you're forgetting the '07 season.

Alas, don't mistake me as a Garrett homer, I'm not. I just see a lot of hyperbole when it comes to him. He has his warts, and tendancies, but so does every other coach in the league. Ask Philly fans how Reid is doing when they're losing, or a steeler fan how Tomlin has been this year. I think it's easier to win with Garrett(which is ultimately the goal right?) then it would be to bring in some overpaid HOF coach right now. Payton got trashed quite a bit in Dallas if i can recall, how's NO doing? Besides Fisher I don't see a established HC that can get Dallas over that hump without wasting away the talent already on the roster. Unless I'm missing someone, Shanny, Gruden, Cowher? No, no, and not possible. Holmgren maybe, but he's looking at Cleveland, and a entirely new offense.

Garrett w/ veteran OC/DC is win/win, IMO.

If Garrett is so qualified why isn't that nobody has came in to scoop him up yet? Why is it that secretly we were hoping someone took him off our hands to make the decision easier? Does that sound that like HC in waiting?

I'm almost certain Jerry wanted STL to sign Garrett, and the line wasn't that long anyway to bring him in. You'll probably get your wish though, but don't complain when we have the same issues on this team rolling right over to Garrett.

Veteran OC or not, you really think Garrett is just going to give up play-calling duties out right? Doubt it. That's his forte, he's going to be calling the shots on offense as long as he is around period.

Oh and as far as Payton goes, the credit in NO goes to Gregg Williams. What has Payton done before this season? Nothing. Drafted all offense and ran gimmicky plays when they weren't necessary. Finally Gregg Williams came in and they got the ship righted on that side of the ball, but let's hold off on the Payton praise because he's done about as much as Wade has here and were talking about replacing him.

He hasn't even made the playoffs yet, let alone win a game. That's like annointing Wade in early December back in 07 for how good we started. Payton is a looong way from showing that he's a genius. If they fall apart in the playoffs then what? He's no better then what Wade has done here.
        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 12-17-2009, 12:32 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I want strong character in the next HC. A guy that demands respect, but is also a player's coach. A guy who will get Jerry to be on his side rather than the other way around. Only a guy with major respect and credentials can do that. Parcells did that. Cowher could answer all those things the best, imo.

Unfortunately, that is a wing and prayer.

I really admire what Capers has done this year. I think he's back on his horse and has his mojo back. He kinda lost it in Houston. I didn't want to be apart of his growing pains to recovery, so I'm not all that upset that he's not here today. I just want him here tomorrow.

If Jack Del Rio gets fired, I do like him. We'll have to evaluate the landscape when the season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Technically he should of been here, it was all but decided then there were some formalities with our DC at the time and not wanting to ruffle any feathers. I don't know why Capers would pass up a HC job anywhere to stay a DC though, that's pretty much anywhere.

Bringing in Capers with Wade would of been the best thing for us, I can only imagine what him and Wade could scheme up for our D. As a HC I'm not sure what to expect with him, but I'd be all for giving him a chance though. He kinda got a raw deal in Houston, he didn't turn an expansion team around fast enough but some key players got hurt and honestly the Texans haven't been much better since he left.

He's due for another shot pretty soon.
            Right, but what I'm saying is that Green Bay JUST switched to a 3-4 scheme. And I just don't see the Packers letting him go. I would imagine that they would make the higher bid.

sig by fenikz
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
              Right, but what I'm saying is that Green Bay JUST switched to a 3-4 scheme. And I just don't see the Packers letting him go. I would imagine that they would make the higher bid.
              Your talking about the Dallas cowboys....who currently have the highest paid assistant head coach in the league. Price isn't going to be the issue.

It's going to be do you wanna be a HC OR A DC?

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                Your talking about the Dallas cowboys....who currently have the highest paid assistant head coach in the league. Price isn't going to be the issue.

It's going to be do you wanna be a HC OR A DC?
                I forget that the Dallas Cowboys snapped the economy crisis.

sig by fenikz
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

I hadn't thought of Del Rio, but that's a very interesting name.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Alot can happen in a few weeks......I think that the Cowboys will not make the playoffs......Too much bad coaching. With that said.....Is Black Monday a realistic fire date? I think the Cowboys will have one of the best shots at getting a high profile coach. Alot of the pieces are in place for a run at the Superbowl.

Everyone knows I like Shannahan. I think Shannahan has the inside shot.....Profootballtalk reported that sources close to Shannahan said he would take the Cowboys job in a minute.....That was reported back in October.

Many others have mentioned very qualified candidates. I think we will hear more candidates surface if the Boys lose to the Saints.

Comment

It's being said that Snyder is making a hard play for Shanny. I've alse read/heard that Shanny is leaning to Wash.

My question is, why does Shanny seem to 'reportedly' be in such a hurry to get to Wash? Shouldn't he just hang on and let the season play out and see what happens?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'd much prefer to avoid one of the big named, high price coaches. The only one that I would like is Cowher and that's because of the way he demands respect and holds his players accountable. However, I think he's staying put at CBS for the time being. I really would like to go after one of the younger coordinators that are out there. The guys that are hungry and have some spunk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                          I'd much prefer to avoid one of the big named, high price coaches. The only one that I would like is Cowher and that's because of the way he demands respect and holds his players accountable. However, I think he's staying put at CBS for the time being. I really would like to go after one of the younger coordinators that are out there. The guys that are hungry and have some spunk to them.
                          I am for any competent HC......Wade may make it to next season. Clayton just reported that Jerry does not want to hire another coach. Clayton said if there is enough backlash from the fans then Wade is gone. Wade must win one playoff game to survive. Really sounds like Jerry will screw this one up too!

Comment

If he doesn't win a playoff game, it will be Garrett. You can mark it down.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I still hope it's Cowher.

Comment

You don't think Cowher is a bit overrated?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information