Week 16: Dallas @ Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Matt Mosley NFC East Blog on ALL PROs

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."
      Yeah I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it.

But anyways, that throw to Miles against the saints.... It looked too easy.. I know we are capable of doing that if we get the protection up front.

Comment

I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.
          I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.

Comment

They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.

Comment

Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.
                I have no problems with calling him "consistently good" too. I think he deserves that after this season. He hasn't given any reason to be bashed this year. Even his penalties are down. As a whole the OL has been a pleasant success this year. Even with Colubmo going down, Free has stepped up. Gurode has been steady. Davis does his thing. Flo frustrates me more than anyone, but I think this is the last year of enduring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.
                  Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.

Comment

Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                    They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.
                    How many Guards are selected? 4? I dunno if he's gonna make Top 4 in the NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.
                      That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.
                        No. He was shaky and inconsistent in '07... Nothing praiseworthy by any means. He cost us the Giants game in the playoffs with his poor blocking (even getting chewed out by Romo ON THE FIELD).

Cory Proctor makes anyone look missed in '08. Besides, who gets praised for being injured? What a joke.

2 bad years, 1 good year. Only now does he deserve any praise.

Just ask yourself... Was he a Pro Bowler in '07 or '08? The answer is quite simply NO.

Comment

I never said he was a pro bowler.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I never said he was a pro bowler.
                            Right. I guess you didn't. But at what point was he underappreciated? He's being appreciated now for finally producing. Prior to this season, he never deserved praise, imo.

Comment

The best way to describe Kosier in the past would probably be just straight average. This year he's played really well though. And I loved how Doug Free played against Washington.

Comment

Very impressed with Free today as well! He has really stepped up. Romo's success is a combination of protection and his ability to buy time. Things could have been a lot different if Free wouldn't have stepped up after Colombo's injury.
                                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                                - Cleveland Browns GM
                                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                                - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information