Playoffs Rd. 1, Philadelphia @ Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
    Haha when did I say the Eagles were sleeping?

This is a new season and come Saturday night last week and the entire season to date means nothing.
    That right there is the truth. Erase all history. The 2 teams that show up on Saturday will have their faces painted for WAR!

Last man standing, wins.

Comment

This is a new season and come Saturday night last week and the entire season to date means nothing.
      Couldn't agree more.

But lets not act like people are just overlooking them. They had their chance to be considered the favorites in the NFC by taking care of their business and they got embarrassed. That means they need to eat their humble pie, go to work and show up pissed off and ready to hit someone next week. Not talk about respect and who deserves how much recognition.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think it's gonna be a great game. Saturday can't come fast enough.

Comment

Well, I hope the Cowboys see this video before the game. Eagles fan spitting on the star not once but twice. Maybe one for each loss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDUYDfFGMI

Also, found some pics from the game that I thought were pretty funny.

Last edited by diesel; 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Seems to me that lots of cowboy fans are scared of playing the eagles in the first round of the playoffs. I for one, am not. There is no reason the Cowboys should not role on this week. I think the boys are a better team all around.

But can we please stop talking crap untill after round one of the playoffs? Once we bounce the eagles out, then we can talk. The win last week means nothing unless we beat them in the playoffs.

Well said, D. Saturday is a new season.

Uh oh. I think I just joined in the trash talking...even though I didn't mean too.
            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.

Comment

I agree. I still have a ton of respect for the Eagles.

However, there are a couple of matchups that strongly favor the Cowboys and would like to get your take on them.

1. It seemed that the Cowboys DBs really got physical with Maclin and Jackson. It seemed to really get them off their game evidenced by that play later in the game where Maclin went deep and he could not take his eyes off the safety coming over. They are both smallish and I'm wondering how the Eagles try to compensate for this.

2. Eagles OL - Really have problems with teh Cowboys front and this doesn't appear to be a 'scheme' thing. When Dallas went nickle, it appeared that all the matchups along the front favored Dallas - Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and even Bowen was giving them fits.

3. Philly has no answer for Witten. Philly's LBers are as weak as I have ever seen them and while Mikael is a decent safety, JOnes has played below average, IMO.

Now, to flip things around, Philly's front 4 is good and I don't think Dallas will have as easy a time running the ball again. Bunkley and Paterson are good and suspect they show up big time this week, so Dallas' OL will need to have a very good game again.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  You obviously missed some of Thumpers posts.

While I may bring up controversial topics, I never condone attacks on a personal level even if it's hinting at it.
                  My take on it: As a rookie about 6 mos. ago I was subtracted 10 rep points for trolling, posting something far < incendiary in another team's forum about Dallas, rookie mistake & I never made it again. That rule is in place for a good reason, limiting provocation is p/o maintaining these individual teams threads, it's one of the strengths of this whole NFLDC board imo. Again, it's fair warning, while provocative dialog & intelligent criticism is welcomed at least by this Cowboys forum, keep it couched in the most courteous terms possible, i.e, objectivity is where it's at if you post in another team's clearly labeled forum & leave your homerism at the door..... you're going where angels fear to tread & all that.

It's easy to stray into personal attacks & the mods have done a fair job policing this boardwide, but if you're not a fan, it's a volatile area, a real minefield. Best rule of thumb is what the late great Patrick Swayze told his bouncers in Roadhouse, "Remember .... be NICE! And take it outside." Common courtesy is the paramount concern.

Same!!!!! So excited. First playoff game. I live in Maryland, but I'm a Texas native(born and raised!).
                  Cowboys fans really are ubiquitous, lots of them all over. I live on the Left Coast, been a Cowboys fan since the pre-Ice Bowl days, I grew in San Antonio. Look at the last column on the right of total posts here compared to other teams on the Team Boards, see what I mean. And I think we've been just as fair as any other forum in welcoming posters from outside the fanbase as governed by the mods per my earlier p/o this post. There's a good reason for it too......

OK, back to the game Saturday, I hope everyone is as psyched as I am. I'm canceling attending an alumni meeting at a local club b/c it's a scheduling conflict & the Cowboys playoff game takes immediate priority, I could watch the game there but not able to post as I can here at home, just as much Sapporo available (almost anyway) to drink here at home too. Thx. for posting those game pics from Sunday, I raised eyebrows at the SI cover pick b/c I'm well aware of the Curse of the SI Cover, but wth, life's too short for superstition --- BTW my only bit of signed sports memorabilia is the Troy Aikman RIDE 'EM COWBOY! SI cover from 1990. Here's hoping I can acquire a new one with a Romo inscription in 2010.

Comment

Trying so hard not to get hyped for this weekend....and slowly failing. Damn I hate Wade Phillips.
                    Originally posted by 21ST
                    He was protecting his self
                    Originally posted by tjsunstein
                    From what? His leg?
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                      I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.
                      I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.

Comment

One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.

Offensively they weren't able to hit the long ball, but Celek was eating us up running crossing routes. We'll see a lot more of that this game. And if the long ball isn't there, watch for a lot of screens to McCoy and Westbrook. I see a trick play or two very early, first two drives by the Eagles.

Defensively watch for them to blitz early and blitz often. Especially up the middle. They will try to screw up our timing which we had last week. If we get the running game going early again, that will make them back off on the blitzing.

This game will be a chess match. I'm confident we can win, but it will be a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                          I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.
                          Actually, we didn't get off to as fast a start as we should have. If you take out that tipped pass, it could have been 24 to zip at half.

I agree that your front 4 didn't play their best game, but I think the Cowboys OL had something to do with that. :) That's one of those matchup problems I think Philly has in this game that has absolutely nothing to do with scheme.

Just like the Witten problem. Has nothing to do with scheme; just a bad match up.
                          Last edited by Macarthur; 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post

If Gandma had bahlz she be grand-dad.

Pray the Cowboys play stupid. That is your only shot IMHO.

And yes ... their is a good chance they do play dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                              One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.
                              I would agree with that assestment, but I might add that I think he's one of the worst game managers in the league.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I just get tired of the 'missed opportunities' thing because it assumes that the Cowboys missed zero opportunities. That game actually could have been more of a blowout than it was.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information