Playoffs Rd. 1, Philadelphia @ Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs Rd. 1, Philadelphia @ Dallas

May as well start the game thread early.

After getting hit like a pinata Sunday & being rattled, what do you think the mindset of McNabb & the Eagles is like coming back for a beat down redux in the Dallas "Death Star stadium" in Arlington? I think they are having some crises of confidence. They were beaten in the 1st loss by a superior Dallas gameplan where Romo baited & looked off their DBs & in the 2nd yesterday for the NFC East title by being simply out-physicaled. Result was 2nd team in a row skunked scoreless, put those end of the season slump hoodoo curse rumors to rest.

I think Dallas has the right momentum to win it. I also think matchups favor Dallas on the defensive front. Philly's offense is quick strike or punt, and the way to beat Dallas' D is by long drives that take time off the clock. The Dallas D thrives on pressure, and the quick hits haven't worked on them with the way the outside coverage has played this year. I don't think Philly's D will stop Romo's game either. He's in the zone, and he's played as well as anyone could hope.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Everybody will sleep on the Eagles and they'll quietly walk into Dallas and take care of business. Dallas will not beat Philly 3 times in one season.

Comment

Beating the Eagles three times would be a huge task. It would be unwise to take them lightly, but momentum plays a big factor in the playoffs. Dallas has all the momentum on their side now.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Momentum is overrated. Eagles come out and score first drive and suddenly they have all the momentum.

Comment

Might want to score period. First drive? First drive? 10 total first downs and 19 min TOP and you want to talk about scoring on your first drive? LOL

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

The fact that this game is in Dallas and not Philly is HUUUUUGE.

For all the excuse makers to say Philly didn't care about this last game, they are flat out foolin' themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                The fact that this game is in Dallas and not Philly is HUUUUUGE.

For all the excuse makers to say Philly didn't care about this last game, they are flat out foolin' themselves.
                Using your logic, after our "embarrassment" wouldn't we be more motivated like you posted in all of your Mike Jenkin's quotes.

Also, playing in Arlington isn't even that big of a deal. No one gets loud. This is me directly calling out the fanbase in attendance to the game.
                Last edited by superman8456; 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I'm just more interested in what Iggles fans will use as an excuse for losing this game; refs, injuries, slow start, being on the road, NFL wants us to win, I'm sure there running out of them so it'll get interesting to see what comes out of the box this time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    Might want to score period. First drive? First drive? 10 total first downs and 19 min TOP and you want to talk about scoring on your first drive? LOL
                    I guess you don't realize this is a different game about a week later, surprising right? I mean because clearly it is safe to assume the Cowboys and Eagles will play out the exact same way right? Ignorance at its finest, just remember you swept the Giants a few years back and they beat you in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      I guess you don't realize this is a different game about a week later, surprising right? I mean because clearly it is safe to assume the Cowboys and Eagles will play out the exact same way right? Ignorance at its finest, just remember you swept the Giants a few years back and they beat you in the playoffs.
                      Yawn....and what does this game or the Eagles have to do with the Giants? We beat the Giants twice that year, we dominated you. You talk crap all week, get whipped, and then tell everybody you beat yourself. THAT is ignorance at its finest. There is a difference between cocky and confidence and after whipping that ass AGAIN we are going into this game very confident. Dont like it? Then beat us.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Desean Jackson running his mouth on twitter. Maybe he will get those alligator arms fixed for this next game?

@DWRIGHTWAY get that romo **** outta here they got some shiiiiit commn for they ass next week believe dat.. he did his westside 2day tho
                        9:46 PM Jan 3rd from Swift

Got smashed by them cowboys 2daaaaaay sheeeeesh its all good we gonna sting they ass
                        9:44 PM Jan 3rd from Swift

Comment

Thanks for beating the Iggles on sunday. Just do the Vikings a favor and beat them again on Saturday :)

EDIT: Massive Eagle Fan failure in the Discussion thread. :(

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                            Thanks for beating the Iggles on sunday. Just do the Vikings a favor and beat them again on Saturday :)

EDIT: Massive Eagle Fan failure in the Discussion thread. :(
                            You're welcome, Vikes.

Some trolling or the offensive pic of a detested former President had that thread closed, so drat! We can always open another, but kudos for this spirited discussion, best all yr!

Oh yeah, about the game: Dallas is already 1 game deeper in the playoffs than in recent memory, the Cowboys are coasting on a confidence wave that comes with crushing the division rival whom they now face at home (D's right, home field is huuuuge in the playoffs) for 3 out of 3..... we're in Terra Incognita, the playoffs, unmapped for the Cowboys blazing new trails.

And getting players back healthy for the playoffs, even huge-r! All the indicators for Dallas' best o-lineman, Marc Columbo, are positive for his return to the starting lineup.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I'm just more interested in what Iggles fans will use as an excuse for losing this game; refs, injuries, slow start, being on the road, NFL wants us to win, I'm sure there running out of them so it'll get interesting to see what comes out of the box this time.
                              Are they excuses or reasons?

Edit: Yes, I am saying you do not know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information