Playoffs Rd. 2, Dallas @ Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
    Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. You have not played a team like ours all year. Hope your ready....

LOL, how about the Packers? We beat them twice and they embarrassed you guys.

That's fine though, just fall into your false sense of security....It's going to be a great game on Sunday. Only 3 of our 8 home games this year have been close and two of those were wins over playoff teams.

Edit- Sorry if this is trolling but the notion that the Vikings are going up against the "big bad" Cowboys this week is getting a little tired. I don't see any way this game doesn't go down to the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post

That's fine though, just fall into your false sense of security....It's going to be a great game on Sunday. Only 3 of our 8 home games this year have been close and two of those were wins over playoff teams.

Edit- Sorry if this is trolling but the notion that the Vikings are going up against the "big bad" Cowboys this week is getting a little tired. I don't see any way this game doesn't go down to the wire.
      Yup, GB beat us. We are playing much better now than we were at that time. Nobody said we are the "big bad" Cowboys. I never went into your thread and said we are going to do this or that. I was just responding to your Minny fan that came over to OUR thread talking smack. I agree its going to come down to the wire. I think your team is great and IMO the winner of this game goes to the SB.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Last I checked... the Cowboys were the underdog team.

Doesn't matter that you beat GB one single bit. It's a common frame of logic that people use to give them a false sense of predicting things to come. The worst gamblers use the same logic. I mean if that's the way you think and there's no convincing you otherwise, then fine... Just know that the Eagles fans thought the same thing about thinking they'll beat us after they beat the Giants twice and we lost to the Giants twice.

Comment

FWIW, I love the last 3 drafts for MN.

Comment

Just because we lost to the Pack and you beat them doesnt mean you're better than us. lol. We lost to the Giants twice, who beat the Eagles twice, who lost to us three times. So, that's completely flawed.

The Packers match up wasnt a good one for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-14-2010, 06:17 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Just because we lost to the Pack and you beat them doesnt mean you're better than us. lol. We lost to the Giants twice, who beat the Eagles twice, who lost to us three times. So, that's completely flawed.

The Packers match up wasnt a good match up for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.
              The Pack was one of JG's worst games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Last I checked... the Cowboys were the underdog team.

Doesn't matter that you beat GB one single bit. It's a common frame of logic that people use to give them a false sense of predicting things to come. The worst gamblers use the same logic. I mean if that's the way you think and there's no convincing you otherwise, then fine... Just know that the Eagles fans thought the same thing about thinking they'll beat us after they beat the Giants twice and we lost to the Giants twice.
                Obviously your the underdog because we're at home, road teams are hardly ever favored in the playoffs, but the home team is given 3 points in the spread and we're only favored by -2.5. And have you watched ESPN at all this week? Everyone is picking Dallas. The Cowboys are the sexy pick, not the Vikings.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

The Packers match up wasnt a good match up for us, we match up much better against the Vikings.

I didn't say it made us better at all, obviously the transitive property doesn't work in sports. I was just responding to pocketaces who claimed we hadn't played anyone like you all season, which is also flawed.
                Last edited by yo123; 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

It's not trolling, least I don't take it as that, but why does it bother you that people are picking the Cowboys? This happens every year. Teams with a bye who came into the playoffs limping, facing a team on a streak who is playing great, generally most people tend to lean towards the wildcard team that is 'hot' right now, but even with that said were still underdogs.

Most people who even picked Dallas said it was going down to the wire, I don't think anyone is expecting a blowout either way, but I don't know where you get this "big bad Cowboys" notion or why it bothers you, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game at all who people pick on ESPN so I don't know why people put so much stock into that stuff anyway.

I'm sure most Vikes fans think they'll win, and Cowboy fans think they'll win too, as you should at this point in the year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    It's not trolling, least I don't take it as that, but why does it bother you that people are picking the Cowboys? This happens every year. Teams with a bye who came into the playoffs limping, facing a team on a streak who is playing great, generally most people tend to lean towards the wildcard team that is 'hot' right now, but even with that said were still underdogs.

Most people who even picked Dallas said it was going down to the wire, I don't think anyone is expecting a blowout either way, but I don't know where you get this "big bad Cowboys" notion or why it bothers you, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game at all who people pick on ESPN so I don't know why people put so much stock into that stuff anyway.

I'm sure most Vikes fans think they'll win, and Cowboy fans think they'll win too, as you should at this point in the year.

Doesn't bother me at all. This has strayed so far from the original point haha. pocketaces just said we hadn't played anyone like you all year and I said we had, and D-Unit and MOTH both took it as me saying that because we beat GB we're better than you.

The ESPN stuff really shouldn't bother me, but being that we've had 2 weeks off they've been all I've had to go off of haha.

Comment

This isn't some kind of number crunching game. These are 2 even teams. The Vikings have handily beaten the Packers twice, should have smashed the Ravens, crushed the Bengals, etc. These are trademark wins.

Dallas has some great wins, too, @ NO, beating Philly 3 times, etc.

To quote the great Charlie Weis, no team has a decided schematic advantage in this game. Does Dallas do some things that aren't in the Vikings favor? Sure, they rush the passer well and beat teams in the short, medium, and long passing games. But Minnesota also does some things that hurts Dallas. Aka rush the passer and shown the ability to be balanced. We've also got players that hit the 3 passing zones in Shiancoe, Harvin, and Sidney Rice (who if you didn't notice, was amazing this year)

This is definitely rambling, but my point is, it's not like we're "better" than Dallas or Dallas is "better" than us, but rather both teams need to first devise then properly execute a game plan and then adjust accordingly. Just like any other game. I think that most Vikings fans are upset about is the fact that everybody's picking Dallas when Vikings do indeed have a legitimate case about being confident themselves.

Sorry, that was one big thought rolled into one. If anyone followed that, you're a very good reader.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.
                        Last edited by D-Unit; 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.
                          Vikings pass D, really other than the Arizona game (and we saw they can do that to anyone), hasn't been all that terrible. Frazier has done a very nice job of protecting our safeties. It's up to Garrett and Romo to try to exploit Madieu Williams, Jamarca Sanford (who's played way above expectations since replacing Tyrell Johnson), and the aforementioned Johnson.

Their run D hasn't been real great, though, which is surprising. Part of that is the fact Pat Williams was playing injured, but teams have been getting to the exterior pretty quickly.

The loss of Henderson will be felt in this game if they get Brinkley to match up with him. Although Henderson was never great in coverage, but he's definitely better than Brinkley.

I dunno, it's a matchup of two similar teams actually other than the different schemes defensively (which strive to accomplish the same things in reality).
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
                            We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?

Comment

Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
                              We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?
                              He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                                He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.
                                Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information