Playoffs Rd. 2, Dallas @ Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.
    STs... It's all on the shoulders of David Buehler to keep kicking it deep in the endzone so we don't have to struggle to tackle Harvin. That's gonna be HUUUGE.

Comment

Yeah Harvin is a real threat on returns. I'm really hoping that Buehler keeps him in check with touchbacks. I really don't want to see the Vikes get good field position all game long.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

This is the best matchup in the playoffs, no doubt. If the Cowboys win, I think they're gonna coast to the Superbowl.

Minnesota needs a big game from Jasper Brinkley and Co. They also need to be able to get pressure with their front four, or they will get eaten up.

This will be Felix's true test. He is going to have the huge holes he got against the Eagles, but he can turn a negative run into a 50 yard gain in a flash.

Comment

People here are taking the Vikes for granted.

Comment

We have to get that run going like we have been in the past few weeks, if we don't it's gonna be a long day. Wear out that Williams wall and control the clock. EJ Henderson the QB of that defense was a big loss as well as Winfield with that bad foot so hopefully we can expose that secondary.

Penalties 14-112 against the Eagles, C'mon man! as the ESPN bit goes. We can not come anywhere near this and expect to beat the Vikings Sunday. Witten had a questionable call that negated a TD and we had to punt. He still had 2 besides that and Ken Hamlin had a few stupid ones as well. If we don't get it under control the Cowboys draft thread will be on fire.

People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice. Also, it's not like we don't have weapons of our own with Austin, Witten, and Jones, and sprinkle in some Crayton.

Peterson is just an animal, one of my favorite players in the NFL but which AD is going to show up? Since the Detroit game in week 10 he hasn't put up over 100 yards and their O-line is suspect. If we get to the Silver Fox like I believe we will and force him to make some errant throws like he's known to do then it's good night Vikings.

Cowboys 27-17.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post

People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice.
              Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.

Comment

Originally posted by BGB View Post
                Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.

Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.
                  Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                    People here are taking the Vikes for granted.
                    Feel free to elaborate.

Comment

Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.
                      AD will have some big runs against us. Not doubt about it. I especially see him having success up the middle. On the edges, Ware and Spencer have been pretty lock down for the most part, so I don't see AD busting off a lot of big gains there. The middle is soft however, so I can see us taking major punishment right there.

Nobody is really talking about Bernard Berrian either...

Comment

What does Sportscenter highlights have to do with running for 100 yards in a game? I'm sticking to facts, not Sportscenter references. You keep saying "eat you alive" like this is 2007, I know he's a dangerous back but unless your Cleveland or Detroit he didn't "eat you alive" this year.

I have alot of respect for AD, but he's not going to be the deciding factor in the game.

Comment

Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                            Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?
                            Hell yea!! Everyone has been hyping this up as the game of the weekend, might as well build up the anticipation on both sides, though I'll probably go into depression if we lose but it's nothing like some good ol' confidence until Sunday.

I was up for a sig bet round 1, but this game should be alot closer, so I'll just stick to trash talking :D

Comment

To tell you the truth, I think this game is going to be completely even on both sides. I think it will come down to whoever has the ball LAST. My pick, as sad as I am to say it:

Dallas 24 Minnesota 21

It will be a last second desperation kick by Dallas. One of those things where it shouldn't have gone in, but it did just due to luck.

sig by fenikz
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Oz yes, And BGB, please take your mindless statistical banter elsewhere. Unless you want to be in the negative rep by the end of the game.

sig by fenikz
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information