No announcement yet.

Left Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way Brewster plays LT in the nfl..come training camp I think we'll see LD taking backup LT snaps..similar to what happened in GB this year when LT went down and Colledge moved over and they filled the spot on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      No way Brewster plays LT in the nfl..come training camp I think we'll see LD taking backup LT snaps..similar to what happened in GB this year when LT went down and Colledge moved over and they filled the spot on the inside.
      Colledge who?

The guy on the Packers is going to play for us?

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
        Colledge who?

The guy on the Packers is going to play for us?
        No when Clifton went down this year in GB..rather than playing their backup OT the moved Colledge over to tackle and put Spitz in at OG.

I think we'd play it similar.

If Free was to get hurt. Davis would move over to LT and we'd have a guy fill in at RG. Brewster won't be able to be a swing tackle imo. However he could pinch in at RG I bet which would essentially be our "swing tackle". I could actually be ok with that logic.

Comment

Nobody have an interest in Donald Penn?
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I think you can get more then a 2nd and 4th for Witten.

Comment

I wouldn't trade Witten at all. That's poppycock!
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                That's probably accurate considering his college pedigree at RT. I could see him at OG if things don't work out at RT. Then if he doesn't work out there... then BUST.

I admit though... that I like his chances of being our future RT.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                  The same reason I trade Witten.

1) To get back multiple players I can use who might also become stars.

2) It is a position of strength where our Back-ups can start in the NFL.

Bennett can play. Choice can play.

We don't need 3 NFL quality TEs.
                  We don't need 3 NFL quality RBs.

It is stupid to stockpile talent for the "DEEEEEEP" bench and then lose them to other teams for nothing.

If a guy is not taking 20% of the respective snaps for their unit and they can play -- get rid of them for value or get rid of the guy in front of him for value.

Bennett + Phillips plus JAG is good enuff.
                  MBIII plus Choice plus JAG is good enuff.

I can get serious compensation for Witten and Jones which can address the WEAKNESSes we have elsewhere.

The WEAKNESSES which cost us the last two playoff games. a) Better OL and b) more O play makers.
                  Seriously, though. When you look at things...Choice is the luxury, not Felix. Felix is the best back...the guy has limitless potential. You dont trade a player of his talent. Yeah Choice is nice, but it's not a wise move. Draft picks arent sure things...you stand the risk of really taking a step backward. Even more so obviously, if you were to move Witten, because of his current role with the team already. But anyway, personally...I'd rather find a way to move Barber...yeah, you wont get as nice of a return but, Felix and Choice are both better and healthier at this point. Felix is primed and ready to take the reigns, the guy is not going anywhere and again with that talent and potential, he's pretty indispensable. As opposing fans were saying in the playoff thread on Sunday...this game just comes so easily to Felix. Choice is good but, Felix just makes you sit and watch in awe the majority of the time. He's a special player. I dont know why anyone would want to move him at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

The idea of trading Witten for a 2nd and 4th is so ludicrous it makes my brain ache. If you trade Witten, you better get a boat load in return, otherwise you're wasting a tremendous asset.

Also, trading Felix Jones right now would be assinine. The most valuable commodities in the NFL are young players that have made it, because you get to pay them peanuts for 2 or 3 years and get top production out of them as well as hope for improvement. Felix has made it. You gain nothing by trading him. The only concern with him is injuries, while a 1st rounder, while extremely valuable, has a good chance to go bust. Just stupidity of the highest order.

As for LT, I think Flo is back. I know people don't want to hear it, but I can't see Jerry cutting him loose when he was pretty good this year and he still has 3 years left on his new extension. I like Free, but I still have major doubts about his viability as a true, bonafide LT.
                    Originally posted by 21ST
                    He was protecting his self
                    Originally posted by tjsunstein
                    From what? His leg?
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I agree DMW, I'd actually be a little surprised if Flo gets cut. People seem to think he was a lot worse than he was this year. Was he great? Not at all but, he was decent enough and he's probably your best option still. Flo gets a lot of hate but, the guy still shuts down his fair share of premium pass rushers. Trent Cole was invisible and dominated in those last two Eagles games, if you want an example.

And Hamlin could just as easily be back as well. He hasnt been as bad as advertised either. Not great, and not a playmaker...certainly upgradeable but, he's just been quiet more than bad. It could go either way. I'd love an upgrade myself but, it may not happen. This year would be a great year to do it.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You think Jerry is going to pay Flozell 10 million this year to play LT?

Comment

His base salary is only $5 million according to rotoworld.

edit...he got most of the cash upfront. The base is basically $5 million per year throughout the contract.

Signed a $13 million signing bonus, with a $2 million 2009 base.

2010: $5 million base

2011-2013: $5.1 million base
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Flozell Adams Tackle 2/28/2008: Signed a six-year, $43.8 million contract. The deal contains $15 million in guarantees, including a $13 million signing bonus. 2009: $1 million, 2010: $5 million, 2011-2013: $5.1 million, 2014: Free Agent. Cap charges: $3.6 million (2009), $7.6 million (2010), $7.7 million (2011-2013).

7.7 million this year with his signing bonus and his actual cap number
                            Last edited by thule; 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              His base salary is only $5 million according to rotoworld.

edit...he got most of the cash upfront. The base is basically $5 million per year throughout the contract.

Signed a $13 million signing bonus, with a $2 million 2009 base.

2010: $5 million base

2011-2013: $5.1 million base
                              It makes things different in my mind. I was thinking that they would cut Flozell for money purposes in addition to Free's performance. This shows me that his contract isn't as big as I thought it was.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                                It makes things different in my mind. I was thinking that they would cut Flozell for money purposes in addition to Free's performance. This shows me that his contract isn't as big as I thought it was.
                                7.7 million is a lot of money for an owner to spend if he thinks he has a player on the roster who can play the position already. I think Jerry cuts the fat this offseason personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information