Jones on the trading block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones on the trading block?

According to theboysblog.com, Jones is on the block for the right price.

I wouldn't mind trading if we get a 2nd rounder. It gets more iffy for me if all he pulls is a 3rd.

Assuming it gets done, I know many folks would want to draft a RB. However, what do you guys think of using Tyson Thompson & Barber in a rotation? Tyson has legit homerun speed. I would love to see him get 12-15 carries a game.

Anyone know how his rehab is going? What do you guys think of a Barber Thompson RB tandem?
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

First off, if we did trade Julius, we better not draft a RB, that would be just pointless because we got rid of one that is solid, and then just drafting one, which would be stupid. So if we do trade him, it is most likely saying that Barber is our future RB. We will probably sign him to a big contract as well, becuase neither of our RBs have big contracts, and julius' is up after this year, and marion's is in 2 years. On tyson thompson, yea I wouldn't mind giving him 6-10 carries to get a legit homerun threat. And on his rehab, I remember listening to The Lunch Break in DC.com, and Nick Eatmen said that he saw tyson Thompson and he was so mad that they put him on injured reserve because he was ready to go and 100%. This was around week 15 I believe. But, Tyson may not be on the team next year, because Miles Austin took his kick return duites, and he isn't going to give them back. So who knows if he will even be on the team. But if we get a 2nd for julius, I would love it, because we already have pretty much no holes, so we could really have some good depth on this team. I just love Marion Barber because he plays with such emotion and desire not to go down, which julius does not. Marion's style is kind of like Jim Brown, just refusing to go down. So I wouldn't mind the trade.

Here is the link:

http://theboysblog.com/

It also says Rivera's rehab is going good, and he wants to play again. Ehh, I don't real ly like that, just retire. He probably has no shot at starting, but I guess he could be a good veteran back-up.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TNewFan41; 03-12-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

That's good news on Thompson. I think we need to keep Thompson, kickoffs or not. And that's even more obvious if JJ gets traded. I would be fine going into the season with Thompson getting 6-10 carries & Barber getting 10-20 a game.

Rivera will provide some veteran leadership. I think I read somewhere that we wouldn't gain anything on the cap if we let him go so we might as well keep him for depth.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Have we not argued about this freaking subject enough? This maybe new to 'theboysblog.com', but we have discussed this topic over and over again. BORING!!

Comment

Not this discussion again!!!

Comment

I'm new to this board. Sorry. What did you guys decide on the subject so I know how to think?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              I'm new to this board. Sorry. What did you guys decide on the subject so I know how to think?
              we decided we are not going to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                we decided we are not going to trade.
                who is we? you have no idea what the cowboys will do on draft day

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I was being sarcatic really, I mean the guy wants me to tell him how to think so I gave him the concencus opinion around here. No trade.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Thank you. BigMac, as of right now, the safe bet is that we are trading julius, and I bet we will. What source do you have that says we won't trade him? Your not Jerry Jones. Just because you say that doesn't mean it won't happen. It probably will happen, to be realistic.

Here is another, RELIABLE, source:

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10057134
                    Last edited by TNewFan41; 03-13-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I am 99% sure we keep JJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                        I am 99% sure we keep JJ.
                        I'm 99% sure your wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                          Thank you. BigMac, as of right now, the safe bet is that we are trading julius, and I bet we will. What source do you have that says we won't trade him? Just because you say that doesn't mean it won't happen. It probably will happen, to be realistic.

Here is another, RELIABLE, source:

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10057134
                          pipe down, right now I really could care less. We have the O-Linemen we need for this coming season and whether its Julius Jones/Marion Barber, or Marion Barber/draft pick runnning behind that line, its looking good. As far as Adam Schefter, I wouldn't say he's the symbol of reliability.

Comment

It is NFL.com though, but yea I agree, if this o-line lives up to its billing, as LSU would say, any RB will look like a pro-bowler.

Comment

If Barber is our feature back next season, you'll probably be talking about trading him at this point next year...let's just say that he's MUCH better because of the role he plays.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information