No announcement yet.

With the 27th pick in the NFL Draft....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 27th pick in the NFL Draft....

The Dallas Cowboys select?

We are less then a week away. Enough with who you want, hope, or wishing for, who do you think we actually end up drafting?

I'm gonna go with Nate Allen.

Tough to predict a trade up, so I'm gonna assume we stay where we are, and I think he would be the guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

If we take that fool, I will certainly puke!
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
      If we take that fool, I will certainly puke!
      Do you know anything about him, like seriously?

Maybe if he ran a 4.2 he would be more appealing to some people.

Comment

Dez Bryant, I think he's going to fall and Jerry won't be able to resist.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Nate Allen is a safer pick, but his upside isnt that great

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
            Nate Allen is a safer pick, but his upside isnt that great
            He is a pure cover safety, has great range and can be a ballhawk in our scheme and create turnovers. I don't know how you'd figure he doesn't have great upside to be honest, lots of safeties were taken late in the 1st round and you could of probably said the same thing about and went on to be some of the best in the league.

Everyone of course is going to say Taylor Mays has great upside, but what? Because he's really fast, and big, ignoring the fact that he's not a great fit for our scheme at all and probably needs to be in a Cover 2 to see most of his upside.

Besides I don't want to turn this into a safety debate thread, just that I think he'll be the pick. He's not even the guy I personally want the most there, but if you think he's a terrible fit or a bad pick I have to question how much you know about the guy. Ideally I'd like to trade back and take him at 35-40 range but that still be making him our 1st rounder technically.

Comment

What's the WR depth in Dallas look like beyond Austin, Roy E., Ogletree, and Crapton?
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Do you know anything about him, like seriously?

Maybe if he ran a 4.2 he would be more appealing to some people.
                It doesn't mean it won't be a good pick, I just don't want us to take him that early.

I know you clarified that this wasn't about what we want anymore, just what you think we will do.

If that is what we do, I will be disappointed, much like I was when we took Felix where we did.

But if he ends up being the pick and works out to be the playmaking safety I believe we need in order to make it to the next level, I will be a happy man.
                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                - Cleveland Browns GM
                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

He is a pure cover safety, has great range and can be a ballhawk in our scheme and create turnovers. I don't know how you'd figure he doesn't have great upside to be honest, lots of safeties were taken late in the 1st round and you could of probably said the same thing about and went on to be some of the best in the league.
                  Weaknesses:
                  Frame is maxed out --- Pure speed is just average --- Struggles when asked to match up with wideouts in man coverage --- Plays too tall at times --- Isn't a real big hitter --- Not very quick or explosive --- Upside?
                  i hate to use Scott's words in my argument, but he did say it. I think its more of a case where the player does everything good, but nothing great. With the Corners he's had and the passrushers he's had, you'd think he'd have more production as well.

Everyone of course is going to say Taylor Mays has great upside, but what? Because he's really fast, and big, ignoring the fact that he's not a great fit for our scheme at all and probably needs to be in a Cover 2 to see most of his upside.
                  No? This is a generalization for people who don't know enough about the draft process. If anything, most draftniks dislike him, he's been downgraded for quite some time, deservingly or not. I personally think the Jets take him, Rex Ryan can give him something to do.

Besides I don't want to turn this into a safety debate thread, just that I think he'll be the pick. He's not even the guy I personally want the most there, but if you think he's a terrible fit or a bad pick I have to question how much you know about the guy. Ideally I'd like to trade back and take him at 35-40 range but that still be making him our 1st rounder technically.
                  fair enough.

Comment

It's too early to predict. haha. Seriously tho.

Comment

I think it'll be either Nate Allen or Jared Odrick. I wouldn't be shocked if Dez Bryant fell all the way to 27, nor would I be shocked if he went in the top 10. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                        I think it'll be either Nate Allen or Jared Odrick. I wouldn't be shocked if Dez Bryant fell all the way to 27, nor would I be shocked if he went in the top 10. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.
                        Matt Mosley stated in a recent espn.com mock draft that the front office is in love with Odrick, though with Odrick unavailable in the mock, he projected us to take Devin McCourty over Maurkice Pouncey.

Mosley has a pretty good history of predicting Cowboys' picks: In '08, Mosley nailed our picks of Jones and Jenkins (though in the wrong order); in '07 he was spot on with Anthony Spencer; in '06 he correctly picked Bobby Carpenter, and in 2004, he once again did the double with Ware and Spears. It's a good idea to trust what this man says in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          What's the WR depth in Dallas look like beyond Austin, Roy E., Ogletree, and Crapton?
                          Nothing special, we may take a WR in the middle rounds or we could pass again. Roy is going to start with Austin again, not out of the question Ogletree passes him at some point.

Crayton is still solid nothing special, and Hurd could step in if we needed him too. We still use two TE's more then most teams do, so I don't think it's a pressing need.

Comment

Pouncey or trade back. That's assuming a guy like Bryant or another obvious choice is gone.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Nothing special, we may take a WR in the middle rounds or we could pass again. Roy is going to start with Austin again, not out of the question Ogletree passes him at some point.

Crayton is still solid nothing special, and Hurd could step in if we needed him too. We still use two TE's more then most teams do, so I don't think it's a pressing need.
                              I think this is an interesting point.

Many people think the Minn game exposed our OL. I actually think our WR corp was more exposed.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information