The Dez Bryant Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
    I keep coming back to what the Browns would be doing right now had they gone Dez over Haden. Hillis-Bryant would be as good a pair of playmakers in the league as any. And now with the emergence of our rook QB...ahhh I'm pretty sure Holmgren would have taken him but Mangini likely wanted no part of the "questionable" Dez Bryant.
    There were probably alot of teams who should have taken him, but your right he would be pretty perfect for what Colt needs right now. Dez was ready to step in and be the #1 WR right away for any team, no reason he should have fell as far as he did.

Some things didn't help him any, like forgetting his cleats, being out of shape from no football play, people didn't want to end up with a Mike Williams situation. It didn't take him long to get his legs back under him though, that was taken care of by Training Camp.

They'll be alot of teams in hindsight who probably should have taken him, but prior Cleveland, Buffalo, and San Diego made a ton of sense to me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I never even thought about which teams might regret not taking him.

Luckily we have a GM who knows what he wants and knows how to get it. When everyone complained that we needed to draft a LT, Jerry went out, got Dez and showed the world that Doug Free ain't the chump they thought he was.

Comment

Jerry was still haunted by the Randy Moss nightmare of so many years ago that he was going to push for Dez as hard as he could. I'm glad he did.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Dez is homegrown too, Jerry is always a sucker for Texas guys. But I think we always pursue the draft that way, we did with Mike Jenkins also. Can you guys just imagine Dez on someone like the Ravens? And we would be sitting around thinking "what if" and would still need another WR.

Thank goodness because I still don't know what to make of that last draft, which is why the upcoming one scares me. We need so many starters now, that trying to rely on getting 3-5 starters out of the draft is unrealistic.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Here is to hoping Dez becomes one of the all time greats. Should be one of the great dallas cowboys.
            Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I can't find the words to describe my man love for this guy. It's borderline ****.

He'll break tons of records. Hopefully as a Boy'.

<3 <3

Comment

Since Dez has blown up the boards I guess I'll drop a bit of appreciation here. He's not great yet, but there is a really good chance that he will be next year. All he really needs is time and a QB that will get him the ball. I saw that Romo really wanted to click with him last year before getting hurt, so I'm not worried about that. Austin is probably really anxious to prove doubters wrong after his stats slipped without his guy throwing to him all year, so Dez will benefit from having other weapons to take the attention away from him.

He is in the best type of situation for a young receiver to be in, so I have tons of faith that he'll become the elite guy he flashed last year eventually. He just needs to stay healthy and focused.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

I loved them talking about Dez during the WR drills at the combine. Makes he super excited to get him back connecting with Mr. Romo!
                    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                    - Cleveland Browns GM
                    - Dallas Cowboys GM
                    - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                      That is a freaking awesome share! Thanks!

Comment

I love how Dez is still getting grilled in the media for his getting kicked out of a mall, while stories of Packers getting caught with drugs, or Buc's players (and mothers) shooting at people have already fallen off the radar.

Regarding Dez himself, the guy will break Michael Irvins team records.

This will be because of his insane talent and passion, as well as him likely playing a much more pass heavy offense.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information