The Dez Bryant Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dez Bryant Appreciation Thread

Great freaking pick. Didn't give up much, still have a chance at Nate Allen, and don't forget Gaither/Atogwe are still floating.

This pick pretty much sets up our offense for the future(providing we can protect romo).

Romo + MB/Felix + Austin/Dez(......Roy) + Witten(.....Bennett)

Comment

I haven't been this excited about a pick in a very long time.

I've watched dude play in the Big XII for a long long time and never seemed realistic we would get him as it was known he was a top 5 player for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if the Randy Moss thing had anything to do with it, but I get chills thinking about Bryant playing out to his potential and how he contrast to Austin.

Just an overall good feeling and can't help but be excited about it. Thank goodness Jerry pulled the trigger and jumped Baltimore. I can already tell I'll be all over Training Camp this year checking in to see how he looks and if he has a shot to take over Roy's spot sooner then later.

Still calling Ogletree to take over slot WR duties over Crayton, not that it's an option, but that it'll happen. I'm very confident in that. Roy and Crayton will be gone soon, and then we could still use some depth behind those top 3 guys.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I am very excited. That highlight video makes me so ready for camp and we haven't even finished the freaking draft!

He reminds me so much of Irvin with a burst.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Thank you Jerry!

Comment

Love the Dez pick, easily one of the most talented guys in this draft

Last edited by cdub11; 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I'm excited to see Dez in a Cowboy uniform. He single handely led OK State while he was there.

Comment

I'm not a Cowboys fan and am pissed that you guys moved ahead of the Ravens to take him. With that being said, Dez is going to be an absolute stud. I love how he fits in Dallas. He's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder and is going to be a beast. This is easily my favorite pick of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                  I'm not a Cowboys fan and am pissed that you guys moved ahead of the Ravens to take him. With that being said, Dez is going to be an absolute stud. I love how he fits in Dallas. He's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder and is going to be a beast. This is easily my favorite pick of the first round.
                  I really appreciate the comment. Much respect to one of my favorite non-Cowboys posters.

Comment

As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty worried.

That having been said, this could either turn out really great for you guys (Michael Irvin 2.0) or it could just completely blow up in your face (Terrel Owens 2.0, and not in a good way).

I'm hoping for the latter, but anything's possible obviously. But regardless, you guys got great value at the end of the first round with Dez. Kudos to Jerry for pulling it off.

Comment

Should be the New England Patriots appreciation thread! I thought we were actually going to take him. Then I thought maybe Odrick or Kindle, but then a trade. Then another trade. But yeah congrats on Dez, love how Jerry has the balls to admit he ****** up by passing on Moss and won't make the same mistake again.

Comment

From Extremeskins.

this ****in sucks...posted by Warhead36

They got the top receiver in the draft. Takes receivers some time to develop and he should turn out to a good one....posted by skeenzfan

Dez Bryant in that offense is scary. It's going to be an interesting season...posted by playofsplz

I like Bryant and I'm pissed the Cowboys got him. But the Cowboys OL needs some work so it might not matter who their WRs are...posted by MattFancy

That is bad news. I do not approve...posted by ArmchairRedskin

Man, this sickens me.

They have so much talent now...posted by BuddyLeeGhostHunter

A young TO would be a HUGE acquisition for ANY team. If this guy is TO Jr then the boys just made their draft on this pick. Personally I don't think he's the next TO but I do think he has the physical tools to make noise playing behind Miles and Roy. The threesome they have at wideout is gigantic and talented:

Miles Austin: 6-3 214
                        Roy Williams: 6-3 215
                        Dez Bryant: 6-2 225 .....................posted by destino

Because you have no idea how good Dez Bryant is. He is the best WR in the draft and considered top 5 talent. He has had a couple character issues which are really not that horrible. I can't believe the Cowgirls got him. Every game I've watched him in, he's been unstoppable. With Austin opposite of him, I think he's a probowler in a couple years...........posted by U C S D Skinsfan

Dez Bryant is not any kind of "Owens, Jr."

The stuff about him being an issue off the field was pretty overblown.

Great pick by Dallas, unfortunately............posted by Spartacus87

Dez is a great pick up, though. Especially as late as they got him. Those character concerns must have something to them for him to fall, but that talent is hard to pass over. I don't look forward to having to defend Austin, Witten and Bryant.....posted by Armchairredskin

I am a little worried about the Cowboys now...posted by Main-Maine

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty worried.

That having been said, this could either turn out really great for you guys (Michael Irvin 2.0) or it could just completely blow up in your face (Terrel Owens 2.0, and not in a good way).

I'm hoping for the latter, but anything's possible obviously. But regardless, you guys got great value at the end of the first round with Dez. Kudos to Jerry for pulling it off.
                          After Dez was picked, Deion Sanders was interviewed about it. He said Dez is a great kid and people who were worried about his character can put it all at rest. The way the Cowboys alumni are involved with the team in a close relationship, guys like Deion, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith will be around to make sure he succeeds in a Cowboys uniform. The Boys are one of the few teams with the ability to guide him in the right direction.

Comment

Given Miles and Witten in the offense, they can take a year to let Dez develop. Hell he may have a good first year like Crabtree did. He's in a damn near perfect position, and I can't help but be excited to have him here in Dallas. He's gonna develop right into a stud with another top wideout and elite QB.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              Given Miles and Witten in the offense, they can take a year to let Dez develop. Hell he may have a good first year like Crabtree did. He's in a damn near perfect position, and I can't help but be excited to have him here in Dallas. He's gonna develop right into a stud with another top wideout and elite QB.
                              Talk about the offense being DYNAMIC! Add the expanded role to Felix...whoa!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information