X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crayton and Hurd have asked to be traded

Trade Me
    Crayton, Hurd Asking To Be Traded

IRVING, Texas - Following the Cowboys' selection of wide receiver Dez Bryant with their first-round pick on Thursday, wide receivers Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have asked to be traded.

A FOXSports.com report Friday said the Cowboys have also called other teams in an attempt to trade defensive end Marcus Spears and linebacker Bobby Carpenter. After Friday's second and third rounds were completed, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed the two receivers were on the block.

"Those would be probably bottom half of today and third-day picks," Jones said. "We'd be looking for some threes there. From about 8 o'clock (Friday) night down."

With the selection of Bryant, only the second receiver the Cowboys have chosen in the first round during the Jones era, the writing was on the wall for two players who came to the team with much less fanfare. Crayton was a seventh-round pick in 2004 from tiny Northwest Oklahoma State, while Northern Illinois' Hurd came in as an undrafted free agent in 2006.

Crayton rose from promising sleeper to trusted No. 2 receiver, all the while giving the team value as a punt returner. In six seasons with the Cowboys he has 196 catches for 2,888 yards with 23 touchdowns, returning two punts for scores in 2009. Hurd has 31 catches in four seasons, but has been one of the team's most consistent special teams players.

Jones said he was willing to honor their wishes for a trade, but didn't guarantee a move would be made.

"Both of those receivers I have such respect for," Jones said. "And I know what they've given to our team and what they may give to the team in the future. I respect their sensitivity and I understand that. We all, I think, should understand when Dez Bryant enters the scene that that's competition."
    Not exactly unexpected in any case I think Crayton is gone, I have a feeling we'll hold on to Hurd unless we have a nice offer.
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Not surprising. Time to trim the meat.

Comment

Buh Bye!!!lol

Comment

Too bad Dallas won't get anything for them. Maybe a 7th rounder for Crayton from some team that needs a slot guy. But as good as Hurd was during last preseason he has no trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by superfly69 View Post
          Too bad Dallas won't get anything for them. Maybe a 7th rounder for Crayton from some team that needs a slot guy. But as good as Hurd was during last preseason he has no trade value.
          As far as trading them for draft picks, I think that is highly unlikely anyways. But if a player for player swap worked, I think value could be found. ...for Crayton that is. Hurd is worthless.

Comment

Crayton seems like a pretty solid #2 receiver option. The Cowboys don't exactly need him anymore with 3 #1 receivers on the roster, though they might miss his return ability.

Comment

I thought they were going to cut Roy Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                Crayton seems like a pretty solid #2 receiver option. The Cowboys don't exactly need him anymore with 3 #1 receivers on the roster, though they might miss his return ability.
                LOL not hardly:roll:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  LOL not hardly:roll:
                  Didn't he have 2 TD returns last year?

Comment

yes, but he was generally a bad return man.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      I thought they were going to cut Roy Williams.
                      Jerry said they are not. But I wouldn't do it anyways. I think he has trade value.

Comment

I can't wait till Sean Lee learns the defense and we can cut Carp... that's the real guy I wanna see gone
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          Didn't he have 2 TD returns last year?
                          Due to fantastic blocking...he didn't get touched. He is a straight north south guy...no wiggle....he doesn't lose yards on a return and has sure hands...but he isn't a game breaker. So I don't think you could call him anything other than average as a returner.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                            I can't wait till Sean Lee learns the defense and we can cut Carp... that's the real guy I wanna see gone
                            During his private predraft workout Lee sat down with Brooking in the film room. Let's just say... Brooking was VERY impressed. I'm STOKED about Lee. I wasn't feeling so high on him before the draft, but he's easy to learn to like. High character and smarts can carry a player a LONG ways. Because he's so smart, he doens't have to do a lot of thinking on the field. He can just react. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game, we will have a gem. I've been overly critical of Bradie James, but this just makes me SOOO happy because I can see the light at the end of James career with the Cowboys. Thanks Bradie, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, you fricken Ed Werder rat, you!!!
                            Last edited by D-Unit; 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Damn, every time I hear something regarding Sean Lee I get excited!
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information