The Sam Young Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sam Young Appreciation Thread

I like the pick, let me be the first one to call it here, He will make the team, he will become a starter, he may not end up being a pro bowler or an all pro tackle or guard, but he will come in learn the offense and pass McQuistan and Proctor for the Backup Guard spot or maybe even starting guard spot in a few years.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

All these damn appreciation threads make me appreciate the Dez Bryant one a bit less :( LOL nah but seriously, it's a good way to get to know the prospect, and we all know the only one that'll be bumped continually for the next few years probably will be the Dez Bryant thread.

That's going to change to the 'Official Dez Bryant Thread' especially once he becomes the starter.

Whoops, this is about Sam Young here. Well I really love him being in a pro style offense and a starter for so long, that's good stability right there.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Versatile, nice size, and consistent. He has a bit of power to him might project very well to RT and push Brewster hard for the job or perhaps moving him entirely to guard.
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

(Closes eyes, the nightmare ensues: imagines Doug Free gong 1-on-1 vs. Brandon Graham twice next yr)

Is Young the insurance Free needs? Can he play LT in the NFL at all, or is he a pure RT or an OG?

Comment

pure RT, dont want him 1 on 1 with brandon graham. ND tried it, didnt work

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

You guys spent a draft pick on this guy? Really? He's pretty strong, but he's extremely slow and struggles a lot with leverage. I guess that's not too hard to envision, considering he's 6'7", but still.

Originally posted by wicket View Post
              pure RT, dont want him 1 on 1 with brandon graham. ND tried it, didnt work
              It certainly didn't. I'd love to see a rematch in the pros. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                You guys spent a draft pick on this guy? Really? He's pretty strong, but he's extremely slow and struggles a lot with leverage. I guess that's not too hard to envision, considering he's 6'7", but still.

It certainly didn't. I'd love to see a rematch in the pros. :D
                I think Sam Young was a wasted pick. People are trying to justify it because it was an OL pick and we needed depth. I'll be completely SHOCKED if he has a legitimate NFL career.

Comment

Young is really not good. Bad bad bad pick.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information