Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrell Hudgins WR Elon, the next Miles Austin???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Hudgins WR Elon, the next Miles Austin???

The Boys just signed Terrell Hudgins WR from Elon University in NC as an UDFA. Hudgins broke all of Jerry Rice's records on the I-AA (FCS) level and is a big, powerful, fast WR with great hands and plays faster than he times. Hudgins 6'2 229lbs 4.52 origionally signed with East Carolina after playing QB in HS, but transfered to Elon after ECU announced they would be moving him to LB. Hudgins finished the 2009 season with 123rec for 1,633yrds and 16tds and his career with 394rec 5,220yrds and 51tds in 4 seasons.

Good pick up by the boys, lets see how he pans out, it looks like he's got a real shot at making the team.

Making the team, as in the 53 man roster? How would you come to that conclusion??

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Whoa... hold on now fella. He's signed for camp and will have to beat out a lot of WRs to make it to the 53. Lets see how well he does at rookie camp, then mini-camps, then training camp before penciling him into a roster spot.
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Your right, he hasnt made the roster, YET, but if he's as good as his #s indicate, he has a decent shot to make the 53man roster. I think he has a shot and IF/when he makes it, he can potentially be the next small school sensation ala Miles Austin:)

Comment

I don't know if he has an opportunity to make the team. Miles, Roy, Dez, and Ogletree are going to make the team. That only leaves room for one more spot, and that could go to either Crayton or Hurd. It think one gets traded or cut, but they might keep one to have a vet in the receiver corps. His measurables are nice though.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Crayton and Hurd have already asked to be traded, Ogletree showed some progress but lets not forget he was an UDFA too:)

Comment

Originally posted by RGVBadBoy View Post
              Your right, he hasnt made the roster, YET, but if he's as good as his #s indicate, he has a decent shot to make the 53man roster. I think he has a shot and IF/when he makes it, he can potentially be the next small school sensation ala Miles Austin:)
              Numbers don't mean anything, let's just see how he performs with pads on against elite competition before we say whether or not he's going to be any good or has a shot at making the team.

These types of guys are prime PS players, the only way these guys make the 53 is if they really go out and dominate pre-season and catch some other teams attention. The numbers game really doesn't matter now even if they are impressive.

I'll give our team the benefit of the doubt, we love going to the well for UDFA WR's and all, but this guy is going to have to really offer alot to make the team.

Comment

I think the kid is every bit as good as Hurd was and he made the team, he has the size, speed and numbers to garner attention, he had a 4rth round grade, I am shocked we get him as an UDFA.

Comment

FA Prospects

If they can play we will keep them. Remember most rookie free agents stay with the team that signs them and get signed to the practice team. Most NFL teams don't sign other players and put them on their team. It is very rare....so if they guy can play it is possible that he will be on our practice team.

Comment

I doubt that we're ever gonna see another UDFA hit at WR like Austin ever again in our lifetime. It's just too rare.

Yeah, maybe we'll find a guy who has the same raw talent or better, but these things take a perfect aligning with the stars... opportunity mostly gets in the way, but timing, proper development, ability to contribute on special teams, team chemistry, backing by the front office/coaching staff and a whole slew of other things come into play that all have to work.
                    Last edited by D-Unit; 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I doubt that we're ever gonna see another UDFA hit at WR like Austin ever again in our lifetime. It's just too rare.

Yeah, maybe we'll find a guy who has the same raw talent or better, but these things take a perfect aligning with the stars... opportunity mostly gets in the way, but timing, proper development, ability to contribute on special teams, team chemistry, backing by the front office/coaching staff and a whole slew of other things come into play that all have to work.
                        Which makes my forecast even more-so incredible.

<smile>

Good draft BTW. Best since Parcells left.

Comment

I think if he can stick on the practice squad for a while, he'll prove he can play, maybe even get on the active roster and make some plays. I'm not sold on Sam Hurd, but Crayton can play. This Hudgins kid looks like a specimen and we cant completely discount his statistics, sure they are FCS, but hey so were alot of great WRs who have graced the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by RGVBadBoy View Post
                            I think the kid is every bit as good as Hurd was .
                            This is the thing, you don't know this. He hasn't even played, all your looking at is size and stats. If this is all you need hell maybe we should go sign Mike Williams!!1!1!!

He's 6'5 230 and he had 30 TD's and over 2500 yards at USC in two years, USC is division one so he's bound to be a player right!!

Why are you so quick to jump the gun here? You have no idea if he's ANYWHERE near as good as Hurd is because you've never seen him play before at the NFL level. I thought this would be common sense but I guess not, and I can't believe I'm wasting this much time for an UDFA arguing why he isn't a lock to make the roster and we haven't even had mini camp yet.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              Which makes my forecast even more-so incredible.

<smile>

Good draft BTW. Best since Parcells left.
                              If only you had called that when we first signed him instead of year 3 of Austin's career. lol.

I'll have to disagree with this being the best draft since Parcells left.

No way will it compare to 2008 when we brought in Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, Martellus Bennett, Tashard Choice, and Orlando Scandrick. It's good though, very promising!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information