• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
    V Burfict, ILB ASU
    You know he's not draft eligible right?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      You know he's not draft eligible right?
      I had understood he was a third year SOPH like Sidney Rice back in the day.

Comment

I had understood he was a third year SOPH like Sidney Rice back in the day.
        That would be a negative ghostridah. ;)

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...vontaze00.html

He's a helluva prospect though. Good eye.

Comment

That would be a negative ghostridah. ;)

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...vontaze00.html

He's a helluva prospect though. Good eye.
          Ray Lewis II

Comment

• Does anyone like Sam Young as our RT of the future? The staff may see something in him that we don't get to see. He may be an absolute SCRUB athletically, but he just screams lunchpail RT to me. I'd be willing to give him a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              Does anyone like Sam Young as our RT of the future? The staff may see something in him that we don't get to see. He may be an absolute SCRUB athletically, but he just screams lunchpail RT to me. I'd be willing to give him a shot.
              I mean what do we have to lose in giving him a shot ?

But in all seriousness I think he may one day be a decent Tackle, not sure he will ever be good enough to go to pro bowls and such but you never know.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Some interesting stuff from btb today
                That player might be DT Stephen Paea, a former rugby player. At 6'1" and 312 pounds he may be a bit undersized, but he is exceptionally strong and is a disruptive force in opponents backfields. He's fast, can penetrate, and has recorded five sacks despite being double-teamed all season. CBSSports has him as the top-ranked DT with a 1st-2nd round grade.

Oklahoma has an intriguing safety prospect in Quinton Carter, projected as one of the top three safeties in the draft and possibly a second round prospect for the Cowboys. He's gotten some good press lately, but the fact that he is a team captain and is perceived to be an exceptional leader on the field and in the locker room should have the Cowboys watching this guy closely. Unfortunately, there are some questions about his speed, so the scouts had better pay close attention.

Baylor's Danny Watkins is a left tackle who's seen his draft stock rise dramatically behind Baylor's 7-4 record. A former fire fighter in Canada, he is described as a gregarious leader. For what it's worth, he was drafted fourth overall in the 2010 CFL draft but opted to play out his final year at Baylor. Watkins is slated as a 2nd-3rd round pick.

USC features a trio of potential third round picks in CB Shareece Wright, FB Stanley Havili and C Kristofer O'Dowd. Havili is the top ranked fullback in this draft, and if you liked John Conner last year and what he's done for the Jets this year, you'll love Havili. O'Dowd is probably the second best center in the draft after Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski (whom the Cowboys have also looked at already).

Comment

• Haven't seen much talk about him here, but Robert Sands is a Safety that I have had my eyes on since seeing him on Youtube last season. I thought his height might mean he's the next Pat Watkins, but actually, he's very agile and moves nothing like the stiff Watkins. If we don't have a chance to draft Patrick Peterson, then I would like to draft Sands later in the draft. I like him much more than McDaniels. I still like Barron and Deunta but I think we need to draft OL at the time they will be taken off the board. So as a mid round prospect Sands intrigues me a lot.

Comment

• Boy, Wisconsin looks like they have about 7-8 Pro Players on that team.

Their OL looks amazing too.

Comment

Boy, Wisconsin looks like they have about 7-8 Pro Players on that team.

Their OL looks amazing too.
                      John Moffitt is the best of the bunch when it comes to the offensive line and he can provide a team with versatility, being able to play guard or center.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Ok bob, I'm remembering that post. So if/when we draft Carimi or anyone from wisconsin you don't say, "those big 10 lineman are too unathletic, stupid pick by Jerrah."

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          John Moffitt is the best of the bunch when it comes to the offensive line and he can provide a team with versatility, being able to play guard or center.
                          Moffitt can play center? I never knew that.

Comment

Moffitt can play center? I never knew that.
                            He made 15 starts there between his soph and junior seasons

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              Ok bob, I'm remembering that post. So if/when we draft Carimi or anyone from wisconsin you don't say, "those big 10 lineman are too unathletic, stupid pick by Jerrah."
                              IMO, the Big Ten produces the best OL talent overall. They tend to be more intelligent and more blue collar. The guys from the south seem to be more athletic, but more undisciplined, lazy and tend to rely too much on raw talent/size.

Just a generalization. Not saying it's true in every case.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                He made 15 starts there between his soph and junior seasons
                                Cool! I wonder why the online draftniks out there don't give him a lot of credit. He's way down on lists, and looked at as a 4-5th rounder wherever I see. But I've always liked him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information